Alice brought to my attention this web site where the Obama transition team is accepting questions from the American Public.
The website brought to my attention that they are no longer accepting such questions until next week.
The calendar brought to my attention that it’s now next week, and they’re STILL not accepting questions. Probably because they’ve all pretty much been variations of “how much did Obama offer Blagojevich to pick Valerie Jarrett as his replacement?”.
Nevertheless, should That One start accepting questions again, I have my list ready:
* As perpetrator of the one of the most successful Ponzi schemes in history, do you think Bernie Madoff would be qualified to run the Social Security Administration?
* Star Trek Voyager featured Tuvok, a black Vulcan. Do you agree that this blackness was a pointless redundancy, since the Vulcan character Spock in the original Star Trek series was already constantly subjected to verbal attacks about his racial inferiority by a cranky, loudmouthed guy from Georgia?
* If we let you implement nationwide, government-run healthcare, will you agree to pass a law requiring Joss Whedon to make Season 2 of Firefly?
* During your exploration of ways to end the war in Iraq, have you ever seriously considered military victory?
* Do you feel that the historicalness of your election as America’s first African-American President was outshined by Joe Biden’s election as America’s first Gafferican-American Vice-President?
* What the hell is arugula, anyway?
* How will we be able to measure global warming if all the world’s mercury is used to make compact fluorescent bulbs instead of thermometers?
* Instead of raising income taxes, couldn’t the government raise revenue by selling advertising space on US currency? A Wal-Mart smiley would be a big improvement over that creepy eyeball floating over the pyramid.
* Wouldn’t the best solution to the illegal immigration problem be to just finish that little “project” we were working on in 1848 and make ALL of them Americans?
* If oil is bad and guns are bad, does this mean that Jed Clampett is Satan?
What’s on YOUR list?