Capitalist Propaganda: “Communism is Your Friend, Jimmy!”

Posted on June 4, 2009 4:00 pm

I don’t know much about this one except that it was done by a student (probably college) for some class, somewhere around 2008. I offer “Communism is Your Friend, Jimmy!”:

[YouTube direct link]

It vaguely parodies the style of the 50’s Coronet Films, however, it doesn’t parody their message. The production values and acting are low-budget, film-school-awful, yet I found the dialogue reminiscent of something that I imagine a very young Frank J. might have attempted after one too many martinis persuaded him that it was a really cool idea.

If nothing else, I found it amusing, and I especially liked the line, “Well, Jimmy, after a long hard day of working for the good of the people, I’m very tired. Now the last thing I want to do when I come home is think for myself. If we had a totalitarian, communist government, I wouldn’t have to!”

Lower your expectations a bit & give it a shot. I hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (15 votes, average: 4.00 out of 5)

15 Responses to “Capitalist Propaganda: “Communism is Your Friend, Jimmy!””

1. KingJamesTheCapitalist says:

Jimmy is a socialist name, if your going to be Capitalist you have to have a name like Lizard Steve, or Iguana Mike.

2. Matt says:

For Mother Russia!

3. jonag says:

“Did I just get scammed Mr. Kruschev?” Best line IMO. Those kids are great!

Hey KingJamesTheCapitalist! Jimmy is surely a capitalist name were it not ruined forever by Jimmy Carter and constantly dragged through the mud over and over by ussjimmycarter. (Hillary!!)

5. innominatus says:

Jimmy the Seattle-area gardener/engineer, please explain this! My high opinion of you is in jeopardy!

innominatus, Harvey and KingJamesTheCapitalist are in some kind of communist conspiracy against me! Why else would they link my name with communism! I demand a recount! I demand full accountability! I demand a beer… Hmmm. Catch you later…

Sorry, I only made it to 36 seconds. I lowered my expectations, as instructed, yet was still overcome by the degree to which these two can’t act. It was almost as if they were really good actors playing the parts of two guys that couldn’t act.

8. innominatus says:

Well, we know Harvey will say anything about anybody, so his assertions are suspect. But KJTC is a different story. A name like that instantly gives a guy solid conservative cred. I can’t see somebody like that being involved in a commie plot. Wait a sec… He’s probably a closet Royalist. Now what am I supposed to think?

I was gonna talk about lowering my expectations as instructed but I don’t what Harvey to lower his!

“Darn indeed, Jimmy.”

My expectations were raised by this video.

11. 5 of 7 says:

It would have been better if they’d used sock-puppets. Or just socks.

12. Aaron Horrocks says:

When I was in high school, my videos were pretty bad too!

13. motopolitico says:

Anybody else see the eerie parallel between the CIA agent’s actions strangling communist puppies, and Glenn Reynolds? Perhaps we should ask him about the political affiliation of his smoothies. I’m okay with him blending communist puppies, but will that make him worthless and weaker than capitalist puppies would? Enquiring minds want to know.

14. Greg says:

Can we that guy from the Castrol commercial run in there and wack them with a dipstick and yell, “Think with your dipstick, Jimmy” and run off?

15. Name (required) says:

@Son of Bob
    holy crap, thats what i was thinking, though i did watch it all.

@greg
    i love that guy!

@the video

“and a free chip”
    i loled, i i loled in a way that is completely abnormal, as in like, an lol that i meant, but not entirely, and i imagine it looked very silly, because, as i loled, i rolled my tongue in circles around my lips, it was like a spongebob lol