Current Choice for 2012 Presidential Candidate

Posted on January 26, 2010 3:02 pm

John Hawkins of Right Wing News did a poll of right-wing bloggers on current choice of Republican candidate for 2012, and the results are not too surprising. I don’t expect Fred Thompson to run again and no one currently mentioned is really lighting a fire under me, though. I’d kinda like a Cheney — preferably Dick Cheney but another Cheney will do. Dick Cheney already has so much fun batting Obama around on issues of national security, it would be fun to see that for a whole campaign. People don’t like Dick Cheney, though, but after the huge failure of Obama I think people will know the folly of electing a likable president.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (9 votes, average: 4.56 out of 5)

15 Responses to “Current Choice for 2012 Presidential Candidate”

Palin/Thompson 2012

2. Alamo says:

I’m with you Frank. Cheney and the ‘Stache. Any Cheney WILL do.

3. Rico says:

Cheney/Bolton 2012

4. Peregrine John says:

You really think people can get past the cult of personality? Man, you have way more faith in the public than I do.

5. Live Free Or Die says:

No Michelle Bachmann? She’s a lady! Arlen S.P.E.C.T.R.E. said so!

6. Idahoser says:

People don’t like Dick Cheney? If so, it’s in response to the media machine’s fabrication of that dislike. When they were first elected it was all the rage among ALL people that Bush had surrounded himself with the best and brightest, only they weren’t smirking when they said it like the numbskulls in there now.
    Then I saw the media begin to create rumors about Bush, Cheney, Ashcroft, etc. which began to be self-fulfilling when useful idiots started picking up on the company line, and then the McCain/RINO faction of course agreed.

Bush did everything the Dems said he should do. He was in no way any better than the worst Democrat… on DOMESTIC issues. Foreign policy, he did fair.

Fred.

8. marvin says:

Dick Cheney, with the entire cabinet being filled out by members of the secret Cheney assassin squad, including a rocket equipped T-Rex as SecState. Why SecState you might ask? Because can you think of anyone better to send to the UN?

I like Dick.

10. Silicon Valley Jim says:

Run, Frank, run! I can spare a few years so that you’ll be thirty-five.

Hillary Clinton’s 2012 slogan: “I told you he’d screw it up!”
    Un-named Republican’s 2012 slogan: “Had enough?”

12. seanmahair says:

I personally do not care who (except for Huckleberry Hound) gets the nod as long as they are true to their principles, have integrity and some experience in the private sector. I really would love to see someone who’s actually had to have a budget, stick to it, run a company or home and has experience in elected office.

I realize I’m asking for a lot. Oh and NO lawyers, not one, no where near the White House ever again.

13. rumcrook¾ says:

I think people will know the folly of electing a likable president.

I think this is the first time ive ever disagreed with frank,
    I dont think obama is likeable. In fact I I think he’s a smug dick. I thought he was a smug dick from the very moment I saw how he handled joe the plumber and talked about bitter clingers. I cant beleive that cop was even able to sit through a whole beer with that pompous narscistic sneering jerk.

likable to me is this brown guy. I listened to him crackin on his daughters and thought oh shit thats a guy I could drink a beer with and crack jokes.

with obama I’d be worried he’d laugh at my jokes then call out his dogs to destroy my life for asking what its like to be married to star trek character.

14. RAML says: