Be prepared … to be ignored

Posted on July 29, 2010 7:04 am

A Scout is:

• Trustworthy,
  • Loyal,
  • Friendly,
  • Courteous,
  • Kind,
  • Obedient,
  • Cheerful,
  • Thrifty,
  • Brave,
  • Clean,
  • Reverent

Oh, and not as important as a daytime TV show.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (28 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5)

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Be prepared … to be ignored”

1. Liberty Girl says:

I sincerely hope scoutmasters across the country are making this a “teaching moment.”

2. Mr Evilwrench says:

Well, for what it’s worth, if my son were there I’d frankly rather this jackass NOT show up and waste their time.

3. Mollbot says:

William Jefferson Clinton, Esq. chose to skip out on the 1993 BSA Jamboree when I attended as a young Boy Sprout. We had been told he was coming, we had gathered to see him and he didn’t show. We were pretty disappointed at the time. Pretty sure he was the first US President to ever skip addressing the National Jamboree? Anyway, I’m sure he was busy coaching an intern or something.

4. storm1911 says:

Ive said it before, an I’ll say it again. We voted in a pilot who hates the passengers and does not know how to fly.

5. Burmashave says:

Basil, I think you left out “prepared.” I’ll use it in a sentence to illustrate. “Not even a Scout could be prepared for the inanity of the one who wears a bucket on his head.”

6. Ernie Loco says:

+1 to Mr Evilwrench.

7. Outback Jon says:

Burmashave: “Prepared”, as in “Be Prepared” is the Boy Scout Motto. Basil was quoting the Boy Scout Law: “A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent.”

I think the problem is Obama couldn’t stand to be around thousands of people who all live up to that Law.

8. Burmashave says:

@Outback Jon: I stand correctimicated.

Well, clearly at one option you have a big group of people that’s all more mature than you, and most are smarter than you, where you might be outsmarted by someone asking you a question about which they’re much more informed than you. Then you have the “ladies” from the view.

10. EnemyoftheState says:

It’s been over 50 years since I last recited that list of values that define a Scout. I think those characteristics are the reason obuma was a no-show. Obuma is an anti-scout. If he had been placed in the middle of a huge group of Boy Scouts who all lived up to those values, it would have been like dropping a bit of anti-matter into a massive quantity of matter.

I’m not a scientist, but I’d imagine a flash of light and nomobama.

11. rayfan87 says:

I bet it’s all a conspiracy to hide the fact that they switched Obama for Frankenstein. Think about it, the Frakenstein monster was afraid of fire. Whats the worst place to be if you are afraid of fire? A Boyscout Camp with 50,000 people there. The last thing they need is Obama up on stage reading his teleprompter , seeing a fire nearby, and announcing to the crowd “I made a fudgie”.

12. Robert Arvanitis says:

Top 10 reasons Obama is avoiding Jamboree

10. Can’t bear to be around that many American flags.
    9. Found out there are no golf courses on the reservation.
    8. Gets lost easily in wooded areas.
    7. Traumatized as a child; tried to join Cub Scouts but couldn’t work the scarf slide.
    6. Can never remember all the words to the Pledge of Allegiance.
    5. Extension cord not long enough for TelePrompTer.
    4. Can’t speak in front of uniforms.
    3. More comfortable among the women of “The View.”
    2. Allergic to military establishments.
    1. Michelle doesn’t want manly virtues to rub off on him.

13. Joe Wooten says:

Speaking as a Scoutmaster, I would not have wanted him there talking to the kids. I don’t know if I could have kept my mouth shut and not heckled him, and he violates at least 5 points of the Scout Law on a daily basis and does not seem to care about that.

50,000 scouts doing the ‘Animal House’ “Cough(b*llsh*t)Cough” simultaneously.