Random Thoughts

Posted on August 25, 2010 9:03 am

My guess on McCain speech to conservatives as soon as he wins primary: “Now yer gonna squeal like a pig!”

Americans are deciding to stop listening to people who won’t listen to them.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (16 votes, average: 4.94 out of 5)

22 Responses to “Random Thoughts”

I would just like to be first to say that John McCain is the epitome of what’s wrong with the Republican Party.

Then I can say “Good Morning.”

2. Cilla Mitchell, Galveston Texas says:

Jimmy, at least you all have Janet Brewer and Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Makes up for McCain.

Good morning, too.

3. Natassia says:

Is it wishful thinking to hope that McCain has seen the light?

I thought it was in poor taste when McCain opened his speech with “Olá amigos…”

Americans are deciding to stop listening to people who won’t listen to them.

John McCain listens to his people. Really, he does. The trouble comes when he starts laughing at them while he’s trying to film campaign ads. Can you imagine how many takes they needed for this one ? I know I broke down.

I cringed at that video, Marko. “Senator, you’re one of us.” BS. Watch how he votes, not what he says.

Hey, RNC! You’re full of it.

7. Cilla Mitchell, Galveston Texas says:

With all due respects to John McCain, I respect the man and the uniform he once wore along with sacrificing a part of his life for our country. No matter what his political beliefs are, he gave of himself with honor. Honor and politics are two different animals. For this I make allowances in his lapse of judgment.

8. Peregrine John says:

I do not. My respect for his sacrifices restrains me from making cracks about his cranky old man ways, and makes clear to me that he really thinks he’s doing the right thing. However, his bizarre set of positions suggests that he has bought into many things which are spurious at best, and has become part of the establishment rather than the solution. Send him home. Courteously.

9. ss396 says:

Well, we’ve got him for another six years, unless you want to add to the D column.

10. Dave the Programmer says:

McCain should have retired. But JD is teh crazy, so AZ voters had no choice.

11. plentyobailouts says:

@10. Crazy is better than stupid and rino.

Mccain is like the plague in old europe, it just won’t go away.

so much for the rnc.

12. Peregrine John says:

I agree with plenty: what would change if McCain were replaced by an admitted Democrat? Precious little, I’m afraid, except for the loss of certain rhetorical tools on the Left.

13. JAGernaut says:

My hope now is that McCain will drop dead from natural causes (I really hope that he isn’t immortal like some people believe) between now and November.

Seriously though, currently, this just feels like a repeat of 2008. R. Glassman is basically the equivalent of Obammy, an empty suit making empty promises of hope and change with no real experience or talent. McCain usually seems to run just fine against Republicans (surprise, surprise) but has extreme difficulty running against liberal Democrats (hard to fight against someone you agree with). I figured the RNC would have learned something from the 2008 elections, but if McShame is the best they can field, perhaps they deserve to lose? Unfortunately, I predict Glassman winning with 52.9% vs McCaint with 45.7% of the votes. History has a nasty habit of repeating itself.

-Disgruntled AZ Voter

14. Natassia says:

And this is totally random, but seeing as how this is your Random Thoughts post…

Science! is being held hostage! (I wonder what the ransom amount is.)

15. storm1911 says:

Why do the Republicans keep backing these “moderate” fake conservatives? I think the RNC needs a good face punching. America can’t last much longer with American-hating dems only blocked by wimpy a@@ed Republicans. Time to go all Dirty Harry on them. Or Frank J. You don’t want to mess with Frank J.

16. Carpenter says:

IF the RepublicOn Party cannot get rid of “Senator” John McCain then it has no chance of ever winning a national election again, nor should it. Period!

I suggest either sending McCain to Mars as a US Ambassador or putting him in a row boat somewhere very far from shore like the middle of the Atlantic where he can’t hurt us again.

17. shiggz says:

Shiggz RT 4 2day

The Marxists are beginning an old ritual something they always do when faced with failing policies, find someone to blame and right now they are choosing Obama. Marxism has survived the collapse of Stalin and Mao etc.. by becoming more as a anti-western/Utopian religion then as a serious political philosophy.

This is why they never collectively decide to examine the policies themselves. In their minds “they just haven’t found the magical person yet who can succeed where all other practitioners have failed.”That much of the 2009 American left truly believed that the likes of Biden, Reid, and Pelosi supported by Soros could make “command and control economies” and “government selected redistribution” work I think speaks volumes to the “crisis of faith” in their religion.

18. Dave the Programmer says:

Crazy is better for representing other people. The guy representing you, you want mostly sane. Which JD is not.

19. Live Free Or Die says:

Crazy is repeating the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result. Arizona is crazy for electing John McRINO over and over again and expecting a different result. Or perhaps Arizona is a RINO state.

20. Live Free Or Die says:

When the Lamestream Media cries That Science! is being held hostage, it always means they didn’t get THEIR way. Wahhhh!!!!!Wahhhh!!!!!Wahhhh!!!!!Cry me a river.

21. Peregrine John says:

Hostage? What hostage? What is the demanded ransom? Private funding (if not guaranteed to never see returns because of tax-happy idiots) will jump at anything that has actual potential. No one’s stopping anyone, though the marxists sure are trying.

22. Carpenter says:

can’t we just kick Arizona out of the United States if Juan McVain is re-elected? I know that sounds extreme but what other choice do we have?