Happy Veteran’s Day!

Posted on November 11, 2010 9:57 am

Thanks to all the people who go to crazy places overseas and kill bad people so we can be all safe and write silly blogs. It’s from your efforts that we are able to have these silly political arguments — not that we blame you.

God bless.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (32 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

16 Responses to “Happy Veteran’s Day!”

1. Eric says:

While I was in the Air Force, I only had two bad assignments. The first (and least bad of the two) was Saudi Arabia. The abolute worst was Mountaun Home, ID, the place where airmen go to die.

2. Timaay says:

My time in service was all in So Cal. Sometimes I feel guilty I didn’t do anything real important- got sick and was released early…

3. Raving Lunatic says:

A salute to all the Veterans of my extended family, with apologies to those I’ve yet to find. We’re a thorney bunch, so they’re bound to be pissed off at me for it…

Joshua Hill – Revolutionary War – Continental Army
    Shadrack Rowe – Revolutionary War – Continental Army
    Robert Tripp – Revolutionary War – Continental Army
    PVT Francis Alligood – Civil War – Company C, 3rd NC Artillery Regiment (40th NC Infantry)
    1LT Macon Bonner – Civil War – Company B, 3rd NC Artillery Regiment (40th NC Infantry)
    PVT Ransom Buck – Civil War – Company K, 17th NC Infantry Regiment
    1SG David Allen Sikes – Civil War – Company H, 3rd NC Infantry
    CPT William Henry Tripp – Civil War – Company B, 3rd NC Artillery Regiment (40th NC Inf.)
    PVT Ivey H. Woolard – Civil War – Company B, 3rd NC Artillery Regiment (40th NC Infantry)
    Believed KIA in the retreat from Wilmington
    PVT Stephen Wiley Woolard – Civil War – Company C, 3rd NC Artillery Regiment (40th NC Inf.)
    PVT Thomas Addison Yeates – Civil War – Company K, 17th NC Infantry Regiment
    PVT Maggie Marvin Buck – WWII – Women’s Army Corps
    SA Vernon Corbin Canady – WWII – US Navy
    PVT William M. Canady – WWII – US Army
    AMMH/3 Charles Gorham Clark – WWII – US Navy
    PVT Redding Boyd Cutler – WWII – 385th Anti-aircraft Battalion, US Army
    MMS Walter Raleigh Cutler – WWII, Korea, Vietnam – USN
    SN Russell Langley Daniels – WWII – USN – USS Saratoga (CV-3)
    PVT Harold Fitzhugh Eagles – WWII – US Army – Purple Heart
    FC3 Dupree Lee Edwards – WWII – USN – USS Yorktown (CV-5)
    KIA – Battle of the Coral Sea
    LCDR Alton Gray Buck – Korea – USN
    PFC Curtis Clayton Toler– Korea – US Army
    SGT Fredrick Brown Woolard Sr. – Korea – USAF
    MM1 Albert B. Jefferson – Vietnam – USN
    RMSM Bruce Donald Lewis Jr. – Vietnam – USN
    TSGT Jeffrey Allen Finigan – Desert Storm – 4th EMS Sq, 4th TF, USAF

Thanks for recognizing veterans for their service, Frank.

One way to tell a Liberal from a Conservative:

Conservative: Willing to fight and die to defend family, community and country.

Liberal: Refuses to fight; blames those who are willing to fight for their own cowardice.

5. Sgt Relic says:

The problem with getting used to shooting commies is that people seem to frown on you doing it here at home. To me a commie, is a commie. It’s racism to only shoot Asian commies!

I don’t know if I could ever find the words to properly express my gratitude and my pride in sharing a nation with our veterans.

I think you just did, Marko.

8. ussjimmycarter says:

I don’t know where our nation finds these people. They are the one’s who run to danger and not away from it on our behalf! We cannot thank them enough for their service! God Bless our Men and Women in uniform who protect this proud nation daily!

9. ussjimmycarter says:

Now let’s give them a Commander in Chief that they deserve in two years!!!

10. Burmashave says:

I could live to be a million years old, yet I would never cease to be in awe of our service men and women. I truly thank God that our veterans stood in the gap between us and those intent on harming us. While other national institutions fail, the continued dedication, bravery and ingenuity of our service men and women give us hope for the future.

11. shiggz says:

remember remember the eleventh of November

12. shiggz says:

IMAO we can be more mindful of their sacrifice and stop hanging them out to die alone and surrounded in third world crap holes propped up by first world welfare.

They signed up to protect their own family and homes not babysit the neighbors. Lets bring them home to do the job they are sworn to, defend Americas borders from enemies foreign and domestic.

13. storm1911 says:

God bless our troops and their endeavours.

14. plentyobailouts says:

Thank you Veterans for allowing me to live in this great country. I hope I can make you as proud as you have made me!

15. seanmahair says:

I too wish to thank not only our veterans but their families for the sacrifices they made and continue to make so that we can live in freedom and liberty. As the great grand-daughter, grand daughter, daughter, wife, niece and mother of a military member I know first hand what it takes to to support our men and women in uniform. I salute them and their loved ones.

While “Always Faithful” or Semper Fidelis is the Marine corps motto, it is the code all the services ascribe to.

Thank you.

16. BornLib says:

Peace.
    Security.
    Liberty.

Thank you, America’s veterans, for these gifts I can never repay.