* So Obama had a press conference and told Republicans to take on sacred cows… this coming from the guy who won’t even cut NPR — for which no one can come up with coherent argument of why Car Talk is such special speech that it needs government funding — or Planned Parenthood — which he needs to appease his sick base who isn’t just happy with abortion being legal but also needs to rub everyone’s faces in it by making them pay for it. Of course Obama’s biggest sacred cow is coming up with an actual balanced budget himself instead of going golfing. It does get rather difficult in America when the president is an obstacle to everything that needs to get done.
* Obama still won’t come out in favor of gay marriage. Everyone knows he’s a mindless, by the numbers liberal, so we know his real position on the issue, but he still acts like he’s against it. The gay marriage proponents act like it’s the biggest civil rights issue ever ever, but the left-wing messiah still doesn’t want to be seen associating with it.
* There’s a new poll showing Obama losing to a generic Republican, and that’s great, but there’s one part that’s disturbing. While most races are pretty split on Obama, he still has 95% support from blacks. When are we going to address this huge racism problem? You don’t get a number like that from people intelligently weighing the issues, that’s just pure “rally around the guy with the same race as me”. Martin Luther King’s dream of people not being judged by the color of their skin and instead the content of their character means in this case telling Obama, “Get out of the White House, you dummy!”
BTW, you 5% — you guys are awesome.
* John Kerry told Don Imus that he could “have been a good President. Maybe even a great one.” But isn’t everyone looking at the job Obama is doing and thinking in comparison they would be an awesome president? The guy ripping your ticket before you enter the movie theater is probably thinking to himself, “Wow, I’m almost overqualified compared to Obama.”
* By trying to get more taxes, California has chased off more revenue. They wanted to tax Amazon, and now Amazon has shut down its affiliate program in California. Here’s a tip for people who want more tax revenue: You get most of it from middle class people with jobs. When people have jobs, they pay income tax. When you raise taxes — especially on rich people who make jobs — you lose those middle class jobs and the tax revenue you get from them. Don’t focus on taxing; focus on letting industry grow and then you’ll get more tax revenue.
And move out of California. Just let the place die.
* Chris Hansen was caught cheating on hidden camera. Maybe it’s because I never saw the show, but I don’t get why so many people are acting like he got the comeuppance he had coming. “That’s what you get for picking on all those child predators!”
* Wisdom of the Day: “America: where if you work hard, take risks, and create jobs, someday you too can pay for other people’s mistakes.” – Jim Treacher
* BTW, I’m thinking of making this like a daily thing, but I need a better title. Preferably using the fact that my name is also an adjective… like “Frank New Analysis.” But it needs to be punchier; see, Jim Geraghty has his Morning Jolt. I want something dynamic like that… like “Frank Looks at New Items and Tries to Say Something Witty.” Anyway, if someone comes up with a good title, you’ll win… HIGH PRAISE. Think about having that; you’ll finally be able to go home and tell your kids, or your cats, or — most likely — your collectible action figures that you did something significant today.