Comparing Obama’s Performance to that of a Sack of Hammers

Posted on August 28, 2011 10:20 am

In my new Pajamas Media column, I apply the Coolidge Test to Obama – compare whether a sack of hammers would have done better than him in the various problems he’s faced. You may be surprised by the results… but probably not.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (15 votes, average: 4.80 out of 5)

18 Responses to “Comparing Obama’s Performance to that of a Sack of Hammers”

1. Veeshir says:

The article was FrnakJ at his finest (or at least, least unmedicated), but I have to take issue with the comments.

They weren’t nearly as funny as usual.

What’s up with the lack of OUTRAGE!!!1!!!!1!?

Other things that would have done better than Obama:

The usual:

* A box of rocks
    * A bag of nails

But consider these:

* A compost heap
    * A basket of dirty, baby diapers
    * A crock of kimchi gone bad
    * A ‘bag-o-glass

Of course, the exact comparisons for these would be different than a sack of hammers, but the results would be much the same.

3. silverfiddle says:

The sack of hammers is smarter than His O-ness, and at least the hammers could be employed in some useful activity, like work….

4. jw says:

get hammered in 2012!

I miss the days when New England gave us great men.

You nailed it with the hammers, Frank.

7. CarolynthePregnant says:

Marko,
    New England still does. Obama is nooooooooooooo New Englander!
    I think there are still a couple Adams descendants in the Boston area. Maybe we could convince one of them to run?

8. Wally says:

Frank J. one of your best!
    Say “hi” to Buttercup for me…

9. Mxymaster says:

A hammer has a better head.

What I mean, Carolyn, is that greatness was once expected from New England’s leaders. It saddens me greatly to see how far a great region has declined.

What? No hurricane report from Pennsylvania, Marko? I hear rivers are gonna crest over flood stage in eastern PA.

12. John Myste says:

If the hammers were in the GOP, Obama probably did a better job.

“There was a time in this country when a ‘gay liberal’ was a happy person who opposed tyranny.”
    I don’t know if Frank has the authority to award “High Praise” over at Pajamas Media, but that comment deserves it, IMaO.
    Oh, good article, Frank!

Some trees got knocked out, Jimbo. Horror!

Oh, the horror, Marko. The humanity. And those poor trees! Go hug them now.

16. Jack Deth says:

Hi, Frank:

I read your commentary at ‘Pajamas Media’ and am somewhat reluctant to point out that ‘a sack of hammers’ may have a too rustic, American Gothic, yet violent, nay ‘clingy’ tone attached to the phrase.

Perhaps, something more ‘hip’ and ‘Simpsons’-ish might be more appropriate for the scared of their own shadow, Kumbaya left?

I posit ‘an inanimate Carbon Rod’

No, that’s not a problem, Jimmy. The branches are now serving their true purpose: toys for my grandparents’ black lab.

18. Burmashave says:

Uh, oh. We may be in trouble, boyos. Against my better judgement, I read the comments. Many were actually funny. Nearly all of comments displayed an understanding of sarcasm and humor. Soon, Frank J. may no longer need us.

On the other hand, one commenter claims that only “Fleming-ites” could understand the humor.