* Okay, kids; the word of the day is “failure”.
So the United States of America just got its credit rating downgraded by the S&P. It seems bad, but this is something lots of presidents have had to deal with… Oh, wait, no — just the one. Just the useless failure. And they’re trying to blame this on Republicans and the Tea Party, but the fact is we got downgraded for not seriously taking on our debt, and what Obama originally wanted was the debt limit raised without any cuts. The only people who had a serious plan to avoid this was the Tea Party. But hey, you can do something to fix the problem or you can try and demagogue to gain advantage.
Obama chose poorly.
But no, it’s the Republicans fault. If only at some point did the Democrats hold the White House and both the House and Senate with enough votes to pass whatever they wanted — then surely Democrats would have used their economic genius then to fix everything. Oh, they did have that? And they used that power to spend more, create more government programs, and then failed to pass a budget?
So I guess that means that all the Democrats are useless idiots who should in no one way have any power in government? I mean, there’s no legitimate argument against that now, right? They should all just be tossed out of power — along with maybe half the Republicans — and then finally we can work on some solutions. Everyone is agreed on that, right? Even liberals have to bow to that simple logic, correct?
Oh, no; you’re just going to continue to scream nonsense, liberals? Okay; I guess we’ll just work around you.
* I just wanted to note that because of Rick Perry’s budget, Texas recently got its credit status upgraded — in case for some reason you wanted to compare Rick Perry and Barack Obama.
* So you’re probably wondering what the credit downgrade of the U.S. means for us in the near future. Well so am I. If someone could google the answer and put it in the comments, I’d appreciate it. Thanks.
* Here’s something Michelle Malkin noticed — from our government, it’s the new Department of Innovation logo:
So, to represent innovation from government, we have the metaphor of three interlocked cogs that are unable to move. Of course, we only wish the government was a bunch of cogs grinding to a halt. It’s more like cogs that steal all our money, uselessly waste it, and then act like we’re the ones who are all stupid.
I’m not good with metaphors.
* Study shows that pundits are less than useless. A scientist has been following pundits and their predictions for years and years and years. He comes up with three possibilities for the future, has the pundit pick one, and then waits to see what happens to evaluate. And the pundits got the right answer less than 33% of the time, i.e., they were less accurate than a chimp throwing darts.
So, should we replace all the talking heads on TV with dart throwing chimps. NO! You might think it’s a great idea to improve the accuracy of political predictions, but CHIMPS WILL BITE YOU! In fact, they may THROW THE DARTS AT YOU and then BITE YOU! Do not trust chimps! Well, trust them on their political predictions, BUT NOT ON ANYTHING ELSE!
You’re probably wondering how accurate I’ve been as a political pundit. Well, to check my accuracy, you’d actually have to nuke the moon or put rocket launchers on dinosaurs. So, safe to say, I’M THE ONLY PUNDIT WHO HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN WRONG! Also, I’m good at darts.
* Hollywood is going to do a movie about the killing of bin Laden. Finally, we’ll have a movie that makes the military look good… because it might also make Obama look good and will open in October of 2012. I’m guessing there will be a dramatic scene where an aide comes to Obama and says, “We know where bin Laden is; we just need your okay to get him.” And then Obama will think a moment while choosing his golf clubs and then finally shrug and say, “Yeah, okay. I guess you should do that.”
So is that what Obama is going to run on? Forget the domestic situation; he’s the waterboarding, terrorist-killing president who took Bush’s torch and gladly ran with it!
Good luck to him with that.
* Talking about the real heroes, thirty-one U.S. troops and seven Afghan soldiers were killed in a helicopter crash due to a Taliban RPG. Among those killed were members of SEAL Team 6. Nothing funny to say; pray for their families, and thank God our country has such brave people — the true foundation of what we are as a nation.
* Wisdom of the Day: “Liberals deny spending is killing us, then blame Bush for killing us thru war spending. Then they insist on spending again to save us.” -David Limbaugh
* In case you missed it, I had a column up over the weekend at Pajamas Media about how we should make future generation pay all our debt because they’re a bunch of jerks. I don’t know if you’ve noticed it before, but I’m quite clever and funny.