* The Obama administration has announced they’re going to stop deporting illegal immigrants unless they commit a crime. Isn’t staying staying in the country illegally a crime, hence the term “illegal”? I don’t know.
I wish the pro-illegal immigration crowd would be honest and just argue for open borders with no checks on anyone instead of this “we’ll keep saying its a crime and never enforce it” position. And that’s the main thing about the pro-illegal immigration people: Dishonesty. The way they’re always trying to conflate illegal immigration with legal immigration shows they know they have an untenable position and want to do anything they can to avoid dealing with it head on. That’s why we have to keep the pressure on. We can’t give up America’s sovereignty just because some people think they have a great position to win votes.
* With the economy in shambles and high unemployment, what’s the big issue right now? Evolution! You can see a video here of a mentally disturbed mom trying to push her kid into asking Rick Perry about it, and Jon Huntsman for some reason thought it was a good idea in the Republican primary to loudly profess his belief in it along with global warming — ’cause he’s smart.
I hate the belief in evolution. I don’t have any particular problem with the science of it, but I hate the belief in it. We sure spend a lot of time arguing about evolution considering that 99% of people could never have heard of evolution and it wouldn’t have caused a single change in their lives. It’s only has actual practical use to a few scientists, but it’s super important everyone believe in it for some reason. You could hear in that deranged mother’s voice how important she thought it was to press Perry on that issue, when I think I can go out on a limb and guess she’s a scientific illiterate who doesn’t even understand evolution (same for Huntsman). Science is something that’s supposed to be different from religion, but it seems like few people can hold on to that distinction in their minds. Instead it’s always reduced to people having to loudly profess certain beliefs whether they understand them or not because it just feels super important everyone believe them. That fact is, most people could live their lives thinking the sun revolves around the earth and it wouldn’t adversely affect them at all, but if just feels almost offensive to let people think that wrong way. That’s because we don’t let science be what it is and make it a worldview. A religion. Poor little science isn’t up to that.
* Word is coming from people close to the Obama campaign that they’d rather face Rick Perry than Mitt Romney because he’s easier to beat. Consider the strength of Obama right now, isn’t that like Obama saying he’d rather fight the Hulk in a cage match rather than Superman because he thinks the Hulk is easier to beat. Maybe true, but either way he’s getting pounded into a fine paste. That’s why there’s so much talk about other people getting in the race, because if you’re a Republican who wants to be president, now is probably one of the best opportunities you’ll have to run against a weak Democrat. And if you’re going by the William F. Buckley rule — “Nominate the most conservative candidate who is electable.” — the most conservative person electable is going to be a lot more conservative than in other years.
Hopefully we can find that conservative. But if we can’t, Romney’s willing and ready and Obama’s scared of him!
* Those serious liberals at Think Progress have identified what’s the problem in our failing economy: We don’t all get guaranteed paid vacations! How has America survived like this? I don’t know! Let’s pay more people not to work; I’m sure that will get things moving in this economy. Especially if it’s Obama and Congress.
And if you didn’t get enough liberal seriousness, here’s a new one on the super-serious issue of global warming: If we don’t stop it, aliens may invade us and kill us all. Yes, NASA scientists are actually arguing that. I guess they’ve given up arguing on any direct effect from global warming, so now they have to add an alien invasion to make it a threat. One supposition is that green aliens may see the harm we’re causing and wipe us out. That’s been the plot of a few scifi movies and it’s supposed to make us think, but have you ever thought of it the other way? Like if humans went to Pandora and found that the blue people were horrible polluters and we decided to mass slaughter them to save the planet, would we in any way be good guys? And if we’re wiping out all intelligent life, who exactly are we saving the planet for? If there are really aliens out there that think that way, we need to hunt down and exterminate those arrogant, murderous sociopaths before they kill more civilizations.
* Wisdom of the Day: Here’s Andy Levy delivering a righteous beatdown to Chris Brown:
* I haven’t posted pictures of Buttercup in a while, so here you go:
More pictures here of the cutest baby ever.