* So Obama is going on a bus tour of the country, but it’s totally not a campaign trip. How do we know this? Because our tax money is paying for it. If it were a campaign trip and he used our tax money to pay for it, that would be illegal. So this is a simple trip to encourage all Americans… to reelect him and not trust Republicans.
Anyway, it’s like some special, giant, armored bus; when Obama throws people under this bus, they stay down. But what’s the point of this bus tour? So people can see how much Obama does not comprehend their problems in person?
AMERICAN: “I can’t find work and can’t afford gas for my car.”
OBAMA: “I know the solution for you: Windmills!”
Maybe to save money, they could have Obama go around in a short bus.
* Warren Buffet wrote an editorial in the New York Times about how the super rich and the mega rich should pay more in taxes. He doesn’t mention what should happen with the ultra rich and the giga rich, though. I don’t know really know much about Warren Buffet, but now I know he writes like a moron demagogue which doesn’t really give me confidence in his wisdom. Plus, if he thinks giving more money to the government is so helpful, there’s a publicly available address where he can do just that. But, like most people, he won’t actually throw money down the giant hole that is the federal budget unless there is an actual threat of force. I think that means something. And really, what kind of idiot would look at our situation today and say, “We need more money in the hands of the morons in Washington and less in those who actually know how to create wealth.”? Well, I guess Warren Buffet would say that. Put him in an old folks home. An expensive one.
* So what’s Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman’s new plan to turn the economy around? A space alien attack!
EVERYONE: “Your ideas just don’t work in the real world.”
KRUGMAN: “They would if there was a space alien attack!”
I’m still working on writing a science fiction novel, so maybe I can get a Nobel Prize in economics. How much does that pay?
* I just want to be clear that I’m not trying to hype Rick Perry or think he’s some great savior for the Republicans. He’s just passable. He’s conservative — maybe even a little more conservative than we’d usually get out of a Republican primary — and has a proven record as governor that stands in stark contrast to Barrack Obama’s record of sucking. Basically, out of the available field of Republicans, he seems the best. I still fully expect to be disappointed by him in many areas and to have to hold his feet to the fire to get anything done on spending. It’s probably a good idea for conservatives to treat politicians like livestock — never get too attached to them.
* Google is buying Motorola. So now Google will be directly making your phones, probably listening and cataloging everything you say or do on them — maybe even anything you say near them. There will be an option to opt out in which they’ll mail you a cyanide capsule.
I think the time to worry is when we hear about Google acquiring an army and really starting down the path to being their own government. It’s a scary idea. Hmm… I wonder what their taxes will be like?
* Apparently, there was a plot to spike Hitler’s food with estrogen to make him all feminine. What a horrible idea. Can you imagine woman Hitler screaming at you for not doing the dishes? That’s the stuff of nightmares.
* Wisdom of the Day: “I’m on the Michelle Obama Diet. I can eat whatever I want because of all the calories I burn wagging my finger at everybody else.” -Jim Treacher