Democrat math

Posted on September 19, 2011 5:26 am

Have you seen Obama’s new proposal? Remember that bill he wanted Congress to pass that night he gave the speech. It seems they finally got around to writing it. It calls for “$1.5 trillion in new tax revenue” plus another $1.5 trillion in spending cuts over 10 years.

What cuts?

Well, it cuts $250 billion from Medicare over 10 years. How much did Paul Ryan’s plan — the one where the Democrats showed grandma being thrown off a cliff — cut in the next 10 years? Zero. I guess Obama doesn’t want to wait until 2022 to toss grandma off a cliff. He threw his under the bus, so why not toss yours over a cliff, right?

Oh, yes, there are other savings, too. $330 billion from cuts to Medicaid and farm subsidies, according to the reports.

So, that’s 1/2 trillion dollars. Where does the other $1 trillion come from? The military. Specifically, it would be from money not spent on troops in Iraq and Afghanistan.

So, does that mean that if Congress doesn’t pass the bill, he’s going to leave the troops over there? Is Obama kidnapping our military and holding them for ransom?

Because if the troops were coming home anyway, the money saved from bringing them back wouldn’t count as part of the proposal, right?

Here’s how his math works.

Raise taxes $1.5 trillion. Cut Medicare, Medicaid, and farm subsidies a third of that. That equals $3 trillion in savings.

Yeah, I can’t get the numbers to add up either. Or figure out how raising taxes is savings.

Must be another example of where reality is to be ignored in order to follow Dear Leader’s plan. There seems to be a lot of that.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (12 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: , ,

15 Responses to “Democrat math”

1. Silverfiddle says:

I applaud you for delving into the vortex of madness that is liberal logic.

“give me the money now and we’ll pay for it over 10 years” is a trick anyway. Future congresses are not bound by any such plans. Hopefully, Americans are getting wise to such flim flam.

2. Bratgirl says:

Let’s say I have a car that I’m paying $150/month on a loan for over the next 10 years. Let’s say I decide to sell that car today. Did I just save myself $18k or did I just not spend it? Do I suddenly HAVE $18k in the bank? No. I didn’t think so either.

The Congress doesn’t know how much it’s spending on anything now, Basil. And trying to plan anything over ten years at this juncture is like trying to drive in California at high speed in a pea soup fog at night with high beams and fog lights. We’re bound to crash.

4. seanmahair says:

I would say that this is all a process of the “New Math” they teach in school today but I know for a fact Obama didn’t attend public school growing up. Overseas schools, private school in Hawaii and Harvard. Guess this is what a first rate, expensive education was like 20-30 years ago.

Not too much has changed, huh?

5. Mxymaster says:

I told my wife I just saved us $100,000 this year. I plan to demand a $50,000 raise from my boss, and sell her ’02 Chevy for $48,000. (The other $2,000 comes from gas and insurance saved or created.) Ez Pz!

6. Bad Science says:

The cuts based on the military coming home don’t make sense in another way: once they’re out of Iraq and Afghanistan they’ll still get paid and do stuff. That’s part of the usual military budget as far as I can tell.
    Guess that is the same reasoning those useless nitwits use to call the wars “unfunded”.

7. burmashave says:

This is the best he could do? I’ve crapped better plans. I’ll bet DamnCat has as well, and this we could verify. He has better plans archived in his litter box.

8. storm1911 says:

Remember the old Batman TV show? The one were Batman would pour in randomly spiiled letters from a bowl of alphabet soup ,and get a twenty page detailed ransom note, including directions to the Joker’s hideout? That’s the same computer Teh One is using.

9. Hugh Akston says:

You forgot to account for Imaginary numbers in the Demo math. If it’s good enough for Einstein it ought to be good enough for you. –i = imaginary savings and Jobs. √-1 times jobs means jobs saved.

10. EdthePastor says:

so do we have to pay to push seniors over the cliff?

Now, Hugh, you have to remember that in the Imaginary number system, there’s a Real part and an Imaginary part, as in:

a + b i

which, when transformed properly, becomes:

o + (bam) i

Of course, in Obama’s case, there is no Real part. QED.

12. Burmashave says:

@Storm1911: That was one of my favorite episodes. As a child, it wasn’t so much that I thought it odd that the computer could work out the ransom note as it was that I wondered what the soup would do to the computer’s innards.

‘You are a slow learner, Winston,’ said Obama gently.

‘How can I help it?’ he blubbered. ‘How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four.’

‘Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane.’

My God, I wonder if all people in Kenya and Indonesia despise this country or is it just the one…or is that “The One”?

15. Crabby Old Bat says:

Now, listen very carefully. You … are … too … stupid … to … understand … economic … theory. Obama went to Harvard. He is smarter than you. (He is hiding his transcripts because he doesn’t want to give the whole country an inferiority complex.) All of his academic cronies and czars are smarter than you. He said this will work and therefore it will work. Why can’t you take it on faith? You’re willing to believe that THREE distinct entities make just ONE Almighty G-d – just clutch those Bibles a little more tightly and tell yourselves, “The numbers don’t have to add up, I just have to BELIEVE!” There, now, don’t you feel better? It’s all in the hands of those who are wiser and better than you. Just believe. Hopey McChange is gonna make it all right. Belieeeeeeeeeeve……….. (Oh, yeah, and rich people are Satan’s minions. Don’t forget that. People who earn money don’t deserve to have it. The bad are going to be punished and the good will be rewarded (with the bad people’s money). We shall overcooooooooommmmeeeee.) (Probably not an accident that “overcome” spelled that way looks like over-commie.)