lolbama! Part 72

Posted on September 20, 2011 7:13 pm

This week, That One. Next week, terrorists. Submit for either at lolterizt@gmail.com

Meanwhile, pass ‘em around, spread the love, and if you make your own, don’t be shy about dropping a link to your pics in the comments. The more, the merrier.

NOTE TO READERS: Hovering your mouse over the picture activates closed captioning for the l33t-speak/txtmsg impaired.

From James:

From Kris:

[reference link]

From Kris:

[reference link]

From Kris:

From Kris:

From Larsinkima:

[reference link]

From Larsinkima:

[ref 1, ref 2]

From me (Harvey)

[reference link]

My favorites from the submissions using last edition’s uncaptioned picture:

From Brian The Adequate:

From Dawnsblood:

From James:

From jb:

[reference link]

From Kris:

[reference link (NSFW)]

From Larsinkima:

[reference link]

From Steve:

[reference link]

This week’s uncaptioned picture for you to play with:

UPDATE – After due consideration, I’ve decided that I won’t accept captions on the Medal of Honor picture. I wouldn’t accept a caption on a picture of Obama saluting returning coffins, and this falls into that category, since – as was pointed out in the comments – Sgt. Meyers had no choice about being in this picture.

My apologies for not thinking this through beforehand.

Alternative photo:

PRODUCTION NOTES:
#1: When creating lolbama! pictures, please caption with either black or white text, as colors like red and yellow tend to blur badly when I compress the images.

#2: Standard image size for these posts is 350px wide by whatever high. If you can have your images 350px wide before you caption them, I won’t end up shrinking your captions into illegibility when I re-size the images.

MAKE YOUR OWN: The free lolbuilder from I Can Has Cheezburger.

STYLE NOTE: Short captions are usually better. Your goal is 10 words or less, with humor value tending to increase exponentially as the number of words approaches 1.

Send your submissions to lolterizt@gmail.com and – if they aren’t obscene (IMAO is a PG-13 site) and don’t suck too terribly bad – I’ll post them for you. Remember to include your name (and blog URL, if applicable) so I know who to thank.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (7 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

17 Responses to “lolbama! Part 72”

1. john1v6 says:

No. How about we not use a photo of a Medal of Honor recipient? He deserves more respect than that, even if O doesn’t

2. Bratgirl says:

I have to say I agree with John. Surely there is a better photo for that.

“Contrasts in Honor.”

(I agree with Harvey putting this up.)

No comparison…take it down.

5. RAML says:

No go – Not a good picture for satire.

6. seanmahair says:

This is an awesome picture. Compare and contrast; integrity

7. Sealb4 says:

Exceedingly tastless choice of a photo to satarize. Please do not allow this to happen. This young american hero had no choice in who awarded him his well deserved CMH. He should receive nothing but honor and the undying gratitude of all americans.

8. tomg51 says:

This may have been a good time to bow…

This is not “a photo of a Medal of Honor recipient”. This is an Obama photo-op using a Medal of Honor recipient as a human prop to boost his military street cred during an election season. Notice the look of revulsion on Obama’s face.

Anyway, I’ll offer an alternative photo for those who have qualms.

10. jw says:

first, it is not revulsion on obama’s face. he is struggling with the clasp.

second, revulsion is what was on my face when i saw sgt. dakota meyers was to be used for satire.

His hands aren’t on the clasp, they’re on Sgt. Meyers’ shoulders.

Thought it over – Sealb4 is right. I won’t accept captions on that picture. Use the alternative pic.

13. plentyobailouts says:

That disgraceful occupant of the white house doesn’t even deserve to be on the same planet with such a great American, most of us don’t.

14. Dohtimes says:

Probably the wisest move Harvey, though we should all trust that you would never post anything that would put Sgt. Meyers in a negative or demeaning light. To be fair, one could say that Obama is struggling with the clasp of those shoulders, overcome with whatever emotions he is feeling. Obama does seem to struggle to grasp things like being able to convey a positive demeanor when appearing at public functions unless he sweeps all signs of class behavior aside to bask in his own glory. Perhaps he knows he will never be awarded a medal for honor, lacking the mettle to do the honorable thing for honorable purposes.

15. Nicki says:

Good decision on the photo.

That said… WTF is Michelle Obama scratching in that photo?????????????????????

16. Captain Obvious says:

Since I’m too lazy to do it myself… someone else make this one and take full credit:

“Thx 4 shurt off bak… Nw hw bowt hrz?”

17. ukuleledave says:

Hey, al Gore’s workin’ out! But the tats have to go!