* Chris Christie gave a speech yesterday and it was important because maybe he was going to enter the presidential race but then he didn’t and so I’m not sure why everyone is still talking about him. He is a very large man.
Also, isn’t Palin supposed to say firmly whether she is or is not running by the end of this month? Times almost up!
And maybe there will still be a special guest star who will jump in the race. I’m crossing my fingers for Mr. T!
* North Carolina governor Bev Perdue suggested we suspend democracy to help get things done. If you ever need a good example of fascism, you just need to let a liberal talk long enough uninterrupted. The left hates democracy; they’re just usually smart enough never express that. Think about it: They see themselves as this smart elite, so the masses are just these people in the way of getting things done. So why would they want to give regular people a say in important things like government?
Of course, I don’t really like democracy either — just from a different perspective. I don’t think 51% of people should be able to vote to rob the other 49%. I think people should be able to make their own choices and democracy used in as little areas as possible. The left, on the other hand, would rather get rid of democracy entirely and rob the 99% with no one getting a say. For “fairness.”
* I just like the headline to this article: “Obama aide Axelrod acknowledges hurdles to president’s reelection”. Like him being horrible at the job?
Good acknowledging there, Axelrod!
* So 20,000 surface to air missiles are missing in Libya. Let’s not panic, though; it doesn’t mean they ended up in the hands of terrorists. They could just be misplaced.
Oh, found one in the couch cushions. So only 19,999 missiles are missing.
And there’s another. Apparently the dog took it and was chewing on it. So now only 19,998 missing. I’m sure we’ll find the rest. Might want to stay out of the air until then, though.
* Andy Rooney is finally leaving 60 Minutes. He was an old guy who complained about unimportant things. There are lots of old people who complain about unimportant things, though, so I don’t know why we needed a designated one on TV. Of course, I’m a young guy who complains about unimportant things, but I do it on my blog. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate clamshell packaging?
* In Amanda Knox’s murder trial, her lawyer likened her to Jessica Rabbit saying she’s not bad, “she’s just drawn that way.” Is that really an appropriate reference? I mean, Who Framed Roger Rabbit was a pretty popular movie, but it came out twenty-three years ago. So is that a reference everyone is going to get when you use it in your murder trial? In Italy?
Just saying maybe he should have come up with an Inception reference. Nah, people probably wouldn’t have understood it.
* Wisdom of the Day: “Breaking News: Chrisitie will not run for president until they take ‘run’ out of the equation.” -Albert Brooks ["Because he's fat." -Ed.]
* Here’s the cover to my ebook coming out in November:
You may wonder why an ebook needs a cover. It’s so people can judge it.
Anyway, are you excited? I’m excited. Actually, I don’t care if you’re excited; just have money ready.