* Chris Christie speculation is in full force again thanks to dissatisfaction with the frontrunners. He’s pretty liberal on a number of issues, but he’s full force on cutting spending which is the big issue of the day and maybe all that matters to primary voters. Plus, he’ll probably be too busy stuffing his face with fistfuls of bacon to pursue a liberal agenda (he’s fat).
Of course, Christie keeps denying he’s getting into the race. In fact, his exact words were, “I am absolutely against running for president, and are you going to eat that?” But despite all the denials, people keep speculating because they want a strong candidate to believe in. And despite the fact that the waiter had just set down my steak dinner in front of me so it was pretty obvious I was going to eat that, Christie grabbed my rib eye right off my plate.
* New Zogby poll says that Herman Cain is now the frontrunner with 28% of the vote to Perry’s 18% and Romney’s 17%. The only thing: It’s a Zogby poll. Still, I want to believe.
* Herman Cain is claiming he can win at least a third of the black vote. Wouldn’t that basically be the end of the Democrat Party? Whites are leaving them in droves, so they can’t lose minorities too. If that starts to happen, expect to see desperation like we’ve never seen before from the left (and we pretty much see nothing but desperation from them all the time). If Herman Cain is our nominee, expect to see for real all that racism the left only imagined Obama had received.
* Obama said of Perry, “You’ve got a governor whose state is on fire denying climate change.” Is that how it works now? If you don’t accept global warming, you anger the gods of science and they turn their wrath on you and set your land on fire? I guess I don’t understand because I’m not “pro-science” enough. Or superstitious.
* Luckily the science gods don’t care about selling guns to Mexican drug cartels or Obama might get the country set on fire. It ends up the government used tax payer money to buy guns to then sell to the Sinaloa cartel. To know how big a scandal this is, we should at least first know whether the government made a profit. I mean, supplying cartels with guns used in hundreds of murders is bad, but we do have a huge deficit and maybe this is the only place Obama is actually helping us in the budget.
* At a townhall, a millionaire (who just happened to get called on!) stood up and asked Obama to raise his taxes. I guess the government hasn’t publicized enough that there is an address you can send a check to if you feel like the federal government should have more of your money. Of course, these people never do that because they innately understand how idiotic it is to actually choose to waste their own money like that. You might as well just burn the money because then you’d at least know you got light and heat out of the deal.
With these people, it’s not about their money — they only feel good wasting other people’s money. Now there’s a greedy rich person.
* When CERN said they broke the speed of light, they didn’t break it by much. They had a distance that would take light 2.4 thousandths of a second to travel, and the neutrino took 60 billionths of second less time to go that distance. How do they measure something to that degree? I assume they have some sort of digital stopwatch instead of just one with a second hand.