Happy Birthday, Buttercup!

Posted on October 7, 2011 7:03 pm

I know you didn’t forget: Today is Buttercup’s first birthday.

[Direct link]

Happy birthday, Buttercup. And congratulations, Frank J and Sarah K.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (22 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: ,

36 Responses to “Happy Birthday, Buttercup!”

1. Corona says:

First! I mean Happy First Birthday, Buttercup!!1!!

first!

2. Angry God of Townsville says:

Happy Birthday little lady. It only gets easier (until she starts school) from here.

Congratulations to two loving parents.

3. Terry_Jim says:

Ditto on the congratulations.
    The days sometimes seem long, but the years fly by.
    Eighteen or so more years and you might get a night’s sleep!

Happy Birthday Buttercup!

4. Frank J. says:

Aww… you made my wife cry. Thanks so much, Basil. I meant to put a post up, but was just so busy today with family and such.

A wonderful time was clearly had by all. But, this is her special day – the day she is allowed out of the cage in which she is kept with the dog, in order that she may play with toys and the piano. However, at midnight, back into the cage.

*** Breaking News ***

Boise, Idaho (AP) – A crowd of complete strangers has gathered at a local blog house and is reportedly demonstrating around the clock. Police were called in and are monitoring the situation closely. Apparently, the crowd is continually singing the “Happy Birthday Song” thereby racking up criminal copyright violations hour-after-hour. Baffling police even further, the demonstrators have posted a list with only a single demand:

We demand a picture of Buttercup with her face covered in cake and frosting!!

Of course, this list is not comparable to the Occupy Wall Street lists published days ago. And no one we spoke to is quite sure what this demand means or who “Buttercup” really is, but we’ll keep you posted as new developments arise.

And so, in the spirit of this demonstration from Boise, Idaho, HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUTTERCUP!!

7. storm1911 says:

Happy happy happy birthday to a sweet and awesome little girl, and her equally awesome parents !!! Buttercup, don’t forget to bath in the cake,. And Basil, thanks for posting.

8. bobthemad says:

happy birthday buttercup!

9. Bratgirl says:

I too demand a pic of a baby covered in frosting! I’ve only seen ONE such pic this week and I really need more!

Happy birthday, buttercup. Thanks for a year of cute-baby-photo-therapy that didn’t require me to have more kiddos myself. ;)

10. RAML says:

Happy Birthday Buttercup.

No need to buy teething rings, Buttercup knows where the dog keeps it’s rawhide chew toy!
    Have you got a saddle for that pooch yet?
    Happy Birthday, Buttercup! (I hope you all had a good day.)
    Thanks Basil, that made me smile.

Happy birthday, Buttercup, and may God’s blessings be upon you and your family.

13. Unistat says:

Yay! Happy Birthday!

14. Mr. Right says:

Happy Birthday, Buttercup (and glad tidings to the proud parental units, too)!

15. Fly says:

Awesomely cute vid, Basil! But you faded out at “Buttercup”? I was looking forward it and you just snatched it away, like I’m a one year old and you’re an indian giver… I’m sorry, I mean native american giver. :)

Happy Birthday, Buttercup! You build us up!

16. Fly says:

Dear moderator, I beg mercy on this joyous day of cup of butter’s birth. Release me from these shackles, for I realize now that native americans simply did not share the white man’s wicked notion of private property. Deal?

17. Mike says:

Awww! Happy Birthday, little one! Here’s a little Maurice Chevalier (yes, I know he was supposedly a commie, but if John Lennon could change…)

for little girls get bigger every day!

they grow up in the most delightful way!

Those little eyes so helpless and appealing
    one day will flash and send you crashin’ thru the ceilin’

no matter where no matter who
    for without them, what would little boys do?

Thank heaven for little girls!

18. Supertink says:

Happy birthday, Buttercup!
    Frank, did you give SarahK some ammo to celebrate?

19. Patrick in Michigan on the iPod says:

I come via a link on google plus. (Doug Welch?!?)

Happy Birthday little Lady. :D

-Pat

20. ussjimmycarter says:

Happy Birthday Buttercup! God’s Blessings on your life as your grow up young lady!

21. Iowa Jim says:

Happy Birthday, Buttercup!

Here’s a link to a song written for you, more than a century before you were born:

Seven years old already – how time flies. Happy birthday, Butttercup!!!

23. viking says:

Happy Birthday, little one

24. 10/7/10 | mountaineer musings links:

[…] Here’s the highlight reel. This entry was posted in t-shirt baby. Bookmark the permalink. ← And then what […]

25. sarahk says:

Thanks for doing this, Basil. Frank wasn’t lying, you really did make me cry.

26. Ann says:

Awwww, that was so sweet….I can’t believe it’s been a whole year! Thanks for sharing Basil. Can’t wait for the party!

27. CTSean says:

Happy Birthday Buttercup … Make sure to give Chomps some cake !!!!!

28. CarolynthePregnant says:

Happy Birthday little Buttercup!

29. Conservatarian says:

Awwww! Everyone should be entitled to such a beautiful Princess.

30. Corona says:

Please refrain from the word “entitled”. It raises blood pressure.

And Basil, you made Sarah cry. Frank’s gonna whoop yer ass.

31. Doug says:

Happy Birthday, Princess Buttercup!! And Kudos, to the Queen and King!

32. Peregrine John says:

Congratulations and happy birthday! Dadhood is awesome.

33. Hugh Akston says:

It’s the little happy things in life that keep me going; thanks for the smiles. Happy Birthday, and May God Bless You and Your Family.

34. Conservatarian says:

Corona: What’s wrong with “entitlements”? A beautiful baby; healthcare; pizza; Corona. Don’t worry…someone else will pick up the tab! But now we’ve soiled Buttercup’s special day.

35. Crabby Old Bat says:

I will believe the Princess is one year old when I see the Cake Face picture, and not before.

36. Kris says:

Seeing that video just added five years to my life! Happy Birthday Buttercup!