* I have a new Pajamas Media column on what Occupy Wall Street has to do before they have their Kent State moment. I mean, getting shot by the National Guard is always a good idea, but you have to do some prep work first.
* So there was a Republican debate in Las Vegas last night hosted by one of the two guys from Siegfried & Roy — no, wait, it was Anderson Cooper.
Okay, weirdest thing: Romney actually had a cheering section. Pretty much everywhere, people are just “meh” about Romney, but at this debate the crowd was cheering anything he said and booing quite legitimate attacks on him. I hear this is because Nevada has a large Mormon population and apparently they cheer on any Mormon even if he’s a weasel (or if he’s a decrepit husk of man, as that would explain how Reid keeps getting reelected). Anyway, it was very off-putting. And for some reason, with Romney having a favorable crowd, this was the debate the other candidates decided to really go after Romney. Man is that guy hard to nail down. They’ll hit him with a devastating point, and he’ll just deflect, go off on a tangent, or completely lie.
Well, I’m just griping; apparently it’s determined now he’s going to be our nominee. I will refuse to vote for him, though — but only because I’m in Idaho and it won’t matter.
Anyway, Perry was a bit more alert for this debate, but he always just seems to be treading the line between coherence and incoherence. And early on everyone gained up on Cain and his 9-9-9 plan giving him the image of being the front runner. And there were other people at the debate, but let’s stop pretending they’re important. Some people say they’d like to see Newt Gingrich in a debate with Obama, but I wasn’t impressed with how he stood up to Romney. He tried to attack Romney on the individual mandate, but Romney came back and said he got the idea from Gingrich and the Heritage Foundation. It’s like Gingrich came into Romney’s bedroom and found him working on an individual mandate and yelled, “Who taught you how to do this stuff?” And Romney screamed back, “From you, all right?! I learned it by watching you!” Parents who do social engineering have children who do social engineering.
So how much longer is all this going on? If Romney is going to be the nominee, let’s just the rip the band-aid and get this over with. It’s just the sitting here looking at the doctor hold the giant needle that’s killing me.
* Then again, Obama actually came out and specifically attacked Herman Cain’s 9-9-9 plan. Usually, the president would ignore anything he doesn’t consider a real threat, but then again Obama is kind of stupid and irritable. Still, getting attacked by the president gives Cain some more bona fides.
I keep thinking that because we all hate Romney, there has to be a way we can get another nominee, but I remember McCain in 2008. Oy. We Republicans.
* In defending Obama about being unprepared to be president, David Axelrod said, “So when you say he wasn’t prepared, maybe you should go ask Osama bin Laden if he thought he was.” Yeah, expect Osama to be trotted out a lot — it’s Obama’s one positive accomplishment he can point to.
“We don’t have jobs.”
“Well, know who also doesn’t have a job? Osama — because he’s dead!”
* Thieves stole Obama’s teleprompters. When reached for comment, Obama’s reaction was, “I don’t know what to say.”
* Wisdom of the Day: “You know whose opinion on Mormonism I’d like to hear? Jeremiah Wright.” –David Burge
* In case you want your picture taken with the First Lady, it costs $10,000. The fee is needed to make sure the First Lady is never pictured with poor people. They often tend to be obese.