* So everyone says Herman Cain is supposed to fade and Romney is the inevitable nominee, and now Romney is ahead in the polls in the first four states of the primary. It’s just as foretold! We’re doomed!
How is it that the Republican presidential primary is set up so that we’re always stuck with a milquetoast, status quo nominee? We get right-wingers in the House and the Senate and as Governor but just can’t do it in presidential primaries. Whoever set up the Republican primary system must be some sort of RINO genius.
* Obama sure likes to reveal his complete disconnect from his fellow Americans at San Francisco fundraisers. Before the 2008 election, that’s where he talked about all the “bitter-clingers”, and now he went there to talk about the horrors of self-reliance. Yes, he considers self-reliance to be a bad thing and government reliance to be a good thing. Really, did the pilgrims come here because they were hoping to find a new government to take care of them? Did people head out West because they thought in that expanse they’d find a government to better protect them?
Not only is Obama completely incompetent, he doesn’t even have the slightest connection whatsoever with what this country is about. He’s not so much a bad president as he is an anti-president — opposed to everything an American president should be for.
When Obama is thrown out of office, for the millionth time in my adult life I will be proud of this country.
* Something is going on in Europe. I keep trying to read the article to find out what, but I can’t make myself care enough to pay attention because it’s about a bunch of foreign countries. Does that make me jingoistic? If it does, I don’t really care. But anyway, something is going on in Europe. Thought you should know.
* Look at this chart of opinion on the right to hand gun ownership over the past fifty years. Is there really any disputing that gun rights people have completely and utterly won this battle? Does anyone really think a stark trend like this that has been going on for fifty years can suddenly be reversed? Like do they think going around yelling, “Guns kill people!” is going to have any effect? “Oh? Really? They do? We totally missed that compelling argument over the past fifty years.”
Note to gun control people: It’s over. You get to go sit at the same table as racists. We’re not going back there.
* When asked, Michael Moore kept dodging the question of whether he’s in the top 1% in this country — even though it’s well known he is in both wealth and size.
Be extremely wary of anyone giving weaselly politician non-answers who is not a politician. Also, be wary of politicians.
Really, though, I have trouble understanding how anyone takes this guy seriously — and I’m very good at understanding most anything because I’m super smart. But this is beyond me. I don’t think there has been anyone in human history more obviously full of it than Michael Moore, and it’s incomprehensible that anyone who has something resembling human intelligence would look at him and say, “Here is someone with a genuine, useful point of view.”
But, hey, he makes lots of money. Go capitalism!
* The Democrats recall effort on Governor Walker isn’t going so great. But I thought there was huge outrage against him for taking on unions? Weren’t unions so popular… a hundred years ago?
Maybe unions will have a big comeback… along with the radio serial.