* More than 200 hundred arrested in peaceful sweep of Occupy LA. I’m not sure exactly what it proves that the Occupy movement keeps being successful in getting even the bluest cities to turn against them. Oh yes: It proves that everyone hates them.
* Obama is on the campaign trail pushing a payroll tax cut — trying to bribe us to reelect him with our money. But I thought we needed more revenue? Oh, we’re going to make it up by raising taxes on the rich. The successful in this country are the people who provided us with all the jobs and technology that led to our cushy lives we now have, yet they always end up the scapegoats. It’s like we have a goose that lays golden eggs, and any time things go wrong for us we punch it in the face.
* So I guess we’re helping out Europe financially. How can we do that when we’re deeply in debt? Are we just moving money from China to them? And does China really have all this excessive money to lend to everyone, or are they in debt too? Does anyone actually have this money to lend to anyone? I’m no economist, but I really think this system is going to one day collapse in an extremely spectacular fashion. Hopefully not while we’re around; maybe it will happen to our kids. That’ll teach those snots.
* The public is split on whether the OWS protesters should take a bath and get a job, with 43% agreeing with Gingrich’s statement and 43% disagreeing. I wonder how the polling would be if they broke out the two parts — like how many agree they should get baths and how many agree they should get jobs. And how many thinks they should get flea dips?
* McDonald’s has found a way around the San Francisco Happy Meal ban: give the toy in exchange for a ten cent donation to the Ronald McDonald house. That’s capitalism; it always finds a way. People think they can restrain it, but it’s like a force of nature — a life form that will strive in even the harshest conditions. Plus, a drunk squirrel could probably outsmart the people who make up San Francisco’s government.
* Wisdom of the Day: “With American Airlines stock at 20 cents, I can’t decide between paying for two checked bags or buying half the company.” –Tim Siedell
* Looking to have an abortion? Don’t expect any help from your iPhone as Siri won’t come up with answers to questions like, “Where can I get an abortion?” So iPhone aren’t just the tech of the future, they preserve it too.