I have a new column at PJ Media. Is Obama a great president and we’re just a lousy country?
“It’s not really that radical a question. I mean, look at him: He’s a bright, Harvard-educated man who’s not only been to other countries but has actually lived in them — he knows cultures and viewpoints beyond the narrow ones we have here. And he surrounds himself with the greatest minds on earth. And who are we, compared to him? We’re a bunch of slobs, really. Kind of ignorant. Maybe a little racist. And we surround ourselves with bowls of flavored corn chips. But the country’s problems are supposed to be his fault? Does that make sense?”
* Obama is going on a nice long vacation to Hawaii. All that being useless and a failure is apparently very tiring and he needs a break.
Most Americans can’t afford a vacation to Hawaii right now, but we can even less afford Obama not taking a vacation because all he does is meddle and ruin things when he’s on the job. Everyone in Hawaii be nice to him; convince him to stay there.
* Ron Paul says he’s “the flavor of the decade”. I don’t know exactly what ice cream flavor that would be, but it would certainly have lots of nuts in it.
* Apparently there is some Supreme Court case where a guy went up and touched Dick Cheney and the Secret Service arrested him. Shouldn’t that guy just feel super lucky he didn’t get a shotgun to the face and not press this any further. Know what? I hear Cheney has his own private Gitmo where he waterboards hippies. Or maybe just forces them to take baths. They probably don’t know the difference.
* Apparently there’s lot of pedophiles in Hollywood. This doesn’t seem as bad as the Catholic Church scandal, though, because you kind of expect to find it in Hollywood. When people hear about pedophiles in a church, that’s an outrage. When people hear about pedophiles in Hollywood, it’s more of a shrug and, “Yeah, I can see that.” Remember: This is a place that keeps having Michael Bay make Transformer movies. There’s nothing too depraved for them.
* The puppy blender has a great idea: Make colleges cosign student loans. Right now, the government guarantees loans so colleges don’t have to worry about selling a worthless product (and can keep raising prices for it as its value goes down). But if colleges are on the hook for the money, they won’t be able to churn out a bunch of unskilled grads like you see in the Occupy movement without going bankrupt. Boom, man, that will be some fiscal reality landing on college campuses. College campuses have always tried to be a sanctuary from reality, but it’s high time we break that up.
* Did you know Boise has an Occupy movement? I live here, and I didn’t know. Probably not that big.
“1% of the people eat 40% of the delicious potatoes!”
* Wisdom of the Day: “‘First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then you are ahead of Romney.’ – Gandhi on GOP primaries.” –pourmecoffee
* Johnny Hawkins of Right Wing News has endorsed Newt Gingrich in the primary. So is Gingrich really the conservative, Tea Party choice now? I had already written him off because of him being extremely unhelpful about the Paul Ryan plan, but he does have a lot of accomplishments (which is unusual for a legislator). We often get candidates who talk conservative and then act left-leaning, so maybe Gingrich is the opposite as he has a number of dumb statements but plenty of conservative actions.
Do you think IMAO should do an endorsement? Or should we retain an air of neutrality? I don’t want people not trusting IMAO.