It’s like people were drunk with the idea of a fun Newt Gingrich nomination and now they’ve began to sober up and say, “Maybe this isn’t the smartest idea.” Gingrich is like an unstable substance that’s bound to explode, and the only question is where. We’d like him to blow up our enemies, but he’s just as likely to explode in our faces.
So that leaves Romney, the perennial second choice. The thing is, when people’s first choice flames out, they don’t move Romney up, they just find another first choice. But maybe people are out of alternate first choices now.
* I’ve head some rumblings about Jeb Bush jumping in the race. That would be last minute, but Republicans are looking for a hero to swoop in and save them and I don’t think they’re too picky about who. When the situation is really dire, you feel lucky if even Aquaman shows up to help.
* MSNBC accused Romney of using a KKK slogan. Except he never really used it (and I haven’t actually seen proof it was a KKK slogan). Here’s the man bites dog angle to the story: MSNBC actually apologized. Is it really a good idea for MSNBC to now apologize for mindless Republican bashing? That will cause their channel to be half-Republican bashing and half-apologies.
* And Romney isn’t getting much help from FOX News either. Here is a graphic from FOX News of the Republican candidates, and they used Obama’s picture for Romney. A subtle commentary? Who knows. Maybe next time they could replace Ron Paul’s picture with Jack Kevorkian’s.
* Obama and the Democrats have dropped the demand for raising taxes on the wealthy. They really wanted that because… I’m not sure. They never seemed to care before at having a deficit, and they can’t even make an argument how higher taxes would help the economy. It’s just kind of a suicidal devotion to class warfare. I would like to not have to care about Democrats driving a car off a cliff, but we’re always trapped in the back seat.
* Obama is trying to collect your email address. He’s asked the few dimwits who still listen to him to turn in emails of Republicans so he can then pester them or something. And maybe also he’ll want Republicans’ favorite blogs so he can troll in the comments. Isn’t it really enough he’s destroying the economy; does he really have to personally annoy each and every one of us too? Someone needs to get the guy a hobby. What’s something even stupid, useless people can do?