* So there’s a big congressional fight over this measly payroll tax cut. I like tax cuts, but considering the straights we’re in, this a big useless thing to be spending a lot of time on. If you needed further proof that Obama is an unserious person, it’s that he’s trying to draw the line on this — a two month extension of piddling. It probably does help with some job creation by reducing cost per employee, but come on: After all these years, this is the best Obama has right now? I feel like we’re scrounging around for table scraps. And why doesn’t Obama want to pass the House bill that would extend it for the whole year? Because it would force him to build the Keystone pipeline and ::gasp:: create more jobs.
Obama is absolutely useless. Why aren’t the Republicans constantly chanting that fact?
* Obama says he is the fourth most accomplished president. The presidents ahead of him by his estimation? Lyndon Johnson, Jimmy Carter, and President Logan from 24.
* Obama has had a bounce in the polls recently which people think comes from the economic news of unemployment falling. Of course, that’s happened because people have given up hope of finding jobs and have stopped looking for work thus removing themselves from the unemployment statistic. So Obama used to like hope, but despair works better for him these days.
* Who is the most charitable nation? The U.S.! And it’s not just on account of us being richest as lots of other rich nations didn’t make the list. Of course, there’s lots of people who want to end charity by taking the money we could be giving and having the government distribute it. In really socialist nations, people don’t know charity because helping others is supposed to be the government’s job so we don’t have to worry about it. No wonder then two of the least charitable nations — China and Russia — are Communist and former Communist.
* About a third of the world identifies as Christian. The Romans had experience with a lot of religious movements, but they found most of them blew over when the leader was killed. Christianity… not so much.
* Here’s the trailer for the new Rainbow Six game. You may notice something topical about the politics of the terrorists:
It almost seems like they’re supposed to be Occupy Wall Street, but then again they’re middle-aged and not a bunch of college kids, they’re wearing suits, seem to have a knack for organization, and are racially diverse.
Still, I’m holding out hopes for a level where you shotgun hippies.