Nuke the News: Polarizing

Posted on January 30, 2012 11:00 am

* While less than a week ago people were expecting Gingrich to win Florida coming off his big South Carolina win, Romney is now expected to win it easily tomorrow. Intrade now has Romney at an almost 97% chance of winning.

So what then? More talk of Romney inevitability? He is the one with the resources to compete in all the states, and Gingrich has shown he can’t stay on top for very long without flaming out. And Santorum… people like him, but they just don’t take him seriously as a presidential candidate.

And frankly, I’m tried of this. I want to focus on the two man race and bashing Obama. I am excited for the constant, public campaign about how Obama is failure and needs to be thrown out of office. I’ve kind of gotten to the point I don’t care who the other guy is we’re replacing Obama with as long as he’s an other guy. He won’t be great, but he’ll be someone else.

* Obama has been weasly on how much his raising taxes on the rich will bring in, but estimate are it will be about 4% of the annual deficit. So all this time and energy spent on something that isn’t going to help us any (and by taking money from those who actually know how to use it well and giving it instead to the idiots in D.C., will probably hurt us some); do you ever get the feeling that a lot of what Obama does is just to try and distract dumb, jealous people from what a horrible job he’s doing as president? He should get that fireball up his sleeve device Gob Bluth had and use that as a distraction whenever anyone tries to nail him down on a question.

“Ooh! Pretty fire! What were we talking about?”

* Right Wing News has a poll up of right-leaning bloggers on the presidential elections (I participated). Gingrich has a plurality of support, but a majority think Mitt Romney is the most electable. I agree with them, but I don’t get the big Romney boosters (such as the over the top Ann Coulter lately). They seem like a variation of the underwear gnomes.

Phase 1: Pick most electable candidate.
Phase 2: Win presidency.
Phase 3: ??

We need big change to do anything about the size of government and the amount of debt we have. And while a Romney presidency would be less bad than another Obama term, it still seems rather pointless in the long run.

* Obama is the most polarizing president ever. But he was supposed to unite the country with his nice-talking and articulateness and vague good things he was going to do for this country.

If we one day get a time machine, we really need to go back to 2008 and just start slapping everyone super enthused about an Obama presidency and never stop. Right after we do the same thing to the supporters of the 16th Amendment.

* From Conan O’Brien, here’s Guy Fieri eating in reverse:

I’m not sure who Guy Fieri is, but he’s just one of those guys you’re sure you hate as soon as you look at him. And look at this recent tweet from him:

“Goin’ big in Vegas for some Runnin’ Rebel style DDD…”

Why replace the ‘g’ with an apostrophe? It saves no typing and just makes you look like an idiot. I just don’t understand the world.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (5 votes, average: 4.60 out of 5)

32 Responses to “Nuke the News: Polarizing”

1. momiss says:

“And while a Romney presidency would be less bad than another Obama term, it still seems rather pointless in the long run.”
    This is the problem, in a nut shell.
    Very succinct.

2. Conservatarian says:

Please unpost the Guy Fieri clip. In other news, I heard a rumor that there is an election down here in Florida this week. If anyone is familiar with the candidates, please offer some suggestions so I can be an informed voter. They should probably schedule some debates so we could learn just how conservative these conservatives are.

“Why replace the ‘g’ with an apostrophe?”

It’s called “vernacular,” Frank. You gotta get with it if you wanna say somthin’ cultured.

4. helpful researcher says:

Romney plan, same as Bain plan:

1. Get control of company/country.
    2. Sell off assets to competitors/Chinese/Mormons.
    3. Borrow more debt for the company/country.
    4. Pay off Bain/Mormons/executives with extravagant bonuses etc..
    5. Say ‘so long suckers’ to the company/country as it crashes under the debt.

Whoa.. this is the same plan as Obama’s, and the same plan for numerous third world despot hell holes. What a coincidence!

“Goin’ big in Vegas for some Runnin’ Rebel style DDD…”

Two things:
    1 – With each passing day, those of us who warned that Twitter is ghey are being proven correct.

2 – Like most posts on Twitter, who cares? Might as well say, “Doin’ laundry in Vegas. Mixin’ whites n’ coloreds bigtime…”

6. Mxymaster says:

That’s why every single Bain-bought company has gone out of business, HR?

Mitt will have to appease us with a conservative veep, who then becomes the Next Guy in 2020. So it takes four terms; this horrible debt wasn’t built overnight. Ryan’s plan wasn’t meant to eliminate the debt by 2016 either.

7. Mxymaster says:

How do you know when Obama really has contempt for the intelligence of his audience? “Folks” and dropping the g’s.

“Now, plenty of folks’ve been wonderin’….”

He doesn’t sound that way when George Soros gets on the Batphone, I can tell you that.

8. Clemsnman says:

Pubs deserve to lose and be broken up as a political party for constantly believing the myth that a pub that appeals to the moderates is the most electable.
    Evidence?
    Reality and history shows quote another story.

If they don’t get the conservatives. esp the social conservatives, excited about our candidate he will lose.

9. Bantha_Fodder says:

The Guy Fieri does that food show, Dumpsters, Dives and Drive-ins – he goes around and eats at hole-in-the-wall places and raves at how good every thing is.
    not sure if he is actual chef, but the show is entertaining

Everyone’s different. As for me, I always look ahead. I got that trait from my mother, who used to drive me nuts by telling me to make plans for minor things months in advance. But I have it, and there’s a big part of me that looks at the election of some relative weakling like Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum, and says, “Then what?”

The Republican Party got to do better than this next time. They can’t afford to keep basing our primaries on who the top dogs love or who has the most money or, shudder, who’s the most “electable”.

That reminds me: If the GOP bases the nominee on “electability”, then why does it never seem to take into account the fact that recent polls over the last decade have found the majority of Americans to be politically conservative?

11. Isaac says:

When somebody talks about going big with triple D’s in Vegas, the Food Network isn’t the first thing that pops into my mind.

12. Alex C. says:

I still dont’ see this election as Romneys… Gingrich and Santorum are splitting the Vote between them. If one of them drops out, the other will be a clear front runner.

13. Isaac says:

So Romney pays 6 million a year, but that’s not a “fair share”? Half of Americans pay ZERO federal taxes. Apparently, one man should be paying 15 million a year while others pay nothing. That’s fair! Right?

14. Alex C. says:

@Isaac yep that’s pretty much it, except the Americans supporting believe that one person pays 15 million, and the difference between the 6-15 million is divided amongst them.

Recommended read:

Impeachable Offense: Obama Takes Bribe, Institutes SOPAs Evil Twin ACTA

16. Burmashave says:

I want to focus on the two man race and bashing Obama.

Well, that’s fine as far as the smartest person goes, but there’s a fly, or perhaps a vomitously hideous jumping spider in the ointment. Warning: image of really vomitously hideous spider.

That jumping spider is this. Romney won’t bash Obama. Nope. Bashing isn’t a play in the establishment Republican presidential campaign playbook. Nuh huh. The playbook specifies that when the actual campaign begins, the message cannot be negative because running a negative campaign might upset swing voters. As references, I provide Dole, McCain and George Bush’s.

Besides, we haven’t heard much lately about Fast and Infuriated, Solyndra & its cousins; pressure on a US general to alter his testimony to Congress; Obama’s associates, and so on, and so on. Nope. Dems gotta run out the clock, and Republicans play the bench.

17. Burmashave says:

No takers on the Michelle spends $50k on lingerie story? Her bulging veins in the photo coupled with the thought of her in skimpy lace? The thought of Michelle wearing a “$900 handmade Calais lace corset?” The burping-in-the-mouth thought of who might be tying selfsame corsets, not to mention the view when tying it? Oh, and which wife is happier — Newt’s with her diamonds or Barack’s with her cosets and what-nots? Mebbe I shouldn’t go so far as to explain her total tab to a cost per yard for expensive silk.

I have figgured out that I can post two links if I use two different posts. My master plan to take control of the earth is nearly complete.

18. Crabby Old Bat says:

@Burmashave: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww. I’d rather look at the vomitously hideous jumping spider.

19. Crabby Old Bat says:

@Burmashave: Also, this made me think of Pat Nixon and her “Republican cloth coat,” which is more appealing to think of in every way, whether you are comparing the sense of entitlement between the ladies, or imagining each of them in her garment of choice.

20. Crabby Old Bat says:

Jimmy says: “Why replace the ‘g’ with an apostrophe?”

You are forgettin’ that Frank is isolated from the popular culture by his bubble.

Yeah, Crabby that bubble of Frank’s keeps him from speakin’ proper Vernacular, that’s for damn sure.

22. Crabby Old Bat says:

@Jimmy: I think you meant “fer damn sure.”

Burma, you’re right. We may bash Obama, but ignorant voters (that is, the majority of voters) won’t care if Romney doesn’t.

24. TerribleTroy says:

“I’ve kind of gotten to the point I don’t care who the other guy is we’re replacing Obama with as long as he’s an other guy.”

You may want to re-examine that position. There are these little things like core beliefs and integrity to be considered. Tell me how these three candidates are fundamentally different than Obama, except that they are from the GOP? Do they resemble anything conservative? Im not naive enough to think that their is any purity in politics, but the freaking water is so muddy at this point its sludge. Given a choice I’ll take a quick death over a long drawn out death. I refuse to vote for any candidate that make me want to vomit.

25. Calvin A says:

So now that everyone has bashed him for replacing the g with an apostrophe, the real reason is that the team is not called “The Running Rebels”, they are called “The Runnin’ Rebels” and have been since 1974.

Guy Fieri is a chef and has several cooking shows in addition to Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. He’s actually pretty entertaining a good chef.

26. Slack-Jawed Yokel says:

Phase 1: Pick most electable candidate.
    Phase 2: Win presidency.
    Phase 3: Big Profits!

Underpants Gnomes in 2012!

27. RightWingKiller says:

Obama doesn’t care how the country is running. That is NOT his goal. His goal, and the goal of everyone working for him, is to irrevocably transform America from a Free Republic of individuals working for their OWN betterment into a nation of subjects who are required to labor in benefit of a government that controls every aspect of their existence and gives them what reward it deems “Just” and “fair” in it’s eyes.
    And at HIS agenda he is one of the most SUCCESSFUL Presidents in American history. It is just that when he is done, America will no longer exist.

To save America, you gotta have Faith!

I don’t care if his voice is too high pitched.
    He’s saying what I wish I could say.

29. Pug Mahon says:

Haven’t had much to say this time around. There is so little to get stoked about. That said, I’ll vote for a big bowl of jambalaya over the Current Occupant (TM). How sad is it, that the best we can hope for is someone who might slow down the train so that only the first ten or so cars go over the cliff.

Bitter much? Yes, me much.

30. Scooter says:

I woud prefer Romney or Gingrich over Obama. But I would prefer Obama over Santorum.

31. Scooter says:

“I refuse to vote for any candidate that make me want to vomit.”

So… Have you ever voted? For someone who was running?

32. Burmashave says:

RightWingKiller is spot on, but the other thing to consider is that Obama is an anti-colonialist. As such, it’s not just fairness within the US he’s driving for. He wants to create fairness in the world in terms of the US vis-a-vis even third world countries. I think this is a greater driving influence. Without providing lots of evidence, I’d just point to every single policy and decision he’s made on issues of oil/coal/gas/nuclear, not to mention defense issues. (Note that I mentioned it.)