Nuke the News: Romney the Capitalist

Posted on January 10, 2012 11:00 am

* Well, I think I’m done and ready to declare Romney our nominee. There is a lot — a lot — I don’t like about Romney, but when the other Republicans are attacking him for being a capitalist, I’m pretty much done with everyone else and ready to embrace the inevitable. I mean, really, the last minute ploy is to come at Romney from the left? And the last thing this economy needs is people acting all uncomfortable with how the free market works. It’s like everyone is going Huntsman and forgetting they’re running in a Republican primary.

* Romney made a statement about how it’s nice to be able to fire people who give you bad service — like a lot of people can’t do with those who provides their health insurance or any service associated with government — and now political hacks (including, again, some “Republicans” running against him in the primary) are piling on. I notice that when Romney gets hit with dumb attacks, I immediately forget all his faults and go into defense mode. Well, that’s a preview of what the rest of the year is going to be like as liberals learn who their target is and come up with every dumb attack they can. It would be nice to have someone to root for, but we’ll just have to satisfy ourselves knocking down twits.

* BTW, there is the New Hampshire primary today. Doesn’t seem to be getting as much attention as Iowa because Romney is expected to run away with it. There’s a little bit of drama on who will get second place as it might be Huntsman’s last and only hurrah. Of course, there is no prize for second place in the primary as a lot of Republican candidates don’t seem to understand.

* So Obama’s chief of staff is resigning. I don’t think he probably shoulders most of the blame for why the president is so unpopular, though. If you want to fire who’s really responsible, we can do that in November. Expect a big jump in the president’s popularity after that.

* In 2009, Obama had a big lavish Alice in Wonderland party, but we never heard of it because the press were nice enough not to mention it since they thought a big lavish party held by the Obama’s would make him look bad with a recession going on. And that leads us to a big advantage to a Republican president: The press will actually hold him accountable.

* Obama has banned mining for uranium around the Grand Canyon. Where are we supposed to get our uranium, then? It’s like Obama hates this country. And is uncomfortable with the thought of us having nuclear weapons.

* Wisdom of the Day from John Podhoretz:

Todd Palin endorses Newt. In other news, my daughter just ate a tomato.

* As we settle in to having Romney as our nominee, we might as well work on some more slogans for him. Here’s a new one I came up with:

“Romney: He just seems like a president”

BTW, Romney campaign, I’m available for consulting work. I’m very expensive… which means I’m very good.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (14 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5)

29 Responses to “Nuke the News: Romney the Capitalist”

1. Mxymaster says:

Romney does seem kinda presidenty, that’s true. Not always the best indicator, though. I guess Joe Biden thought Obama was kinda presidenty, but Biden’s a drooling Amtrak-obsessed moron.

So the best thing we can say about Romney is that his opponents are morons?

Wunderbar. I am starstruck by how great Romney is in comparison to the idiocy of everyone else is. I simply am overwhelmed with a desire to vote for this liberal Romney because his opponents are idiots.

Of course, the overarching problem is not Romney nor any single figure. The problem is the destruction and decay of constitutionally-limited government – of the federalism which once promoted responsible and reasonable government at all levels of the country.

Elect Romney and the truly essential features of local governments – man, the roads are awful in the North – will still be underfunded and poorly managed and your state governments will still be near bankruptcy and overrun by union malarkey.

4. Alex C. says:

Romney: I like to fire people

5. Burmashave says:

@Marko: I’ve been doing some thinking, such as it can be considered. Back in the day, I voted for Ross Perot. I knew that Perot wasn’t going to win, and I knew that my vote would help Clinton, but I couldn’t in good conscience vote for Bush after he went back on his taxes pledge. The thing that’s changed is that in 1992, Clinton didn’t represent an existential threat to the United States. Obama does.

The only reason for voting for Romney is that he’s not Obama. If all I’ve got is a McClellan, I’ll send in McClellan and pray for miracles.

6. Penultimatum says:

Romney 2012 – He’s Not As Bad As The Alternatives

Romney 2012 – He Could Be A Good Choice

Romney 2012 – Not Nearly As Crazy As Paul

Romney 2012 – Looks Like The Guys On Dollar Bills

Romney 2012 – He Can’t F*** Things Up As Bad As Obama Did

We’re kind of at a point in history, where, just like falling off a ladder, time seems to stop before you hit the ground.

Wait. Can you hear them?

The fiscal Langoliers.

Run, Romney, run!!

I’ll vote for Romney because he knows how to fire people…and there are a lot of people in Washington DC that need firing!

9. Larsinkima says:

Romney: If you want to play ball, you have to have a Mitt.

10. storm1911 says:

Obama has banned uranium mining near the Grand Canyon because 1) he wants America dependent upon arab oil and 2) it’s to close to where the mother ship is parked.

The problem is less Romney than that the Republican party heiarchy that keeps foisting these lousy candidates on us. Let ‘em reap what they have sown.Put them on a long bus trip to the islands with a Kennedy as the driver.

11. plentyobailouts says:

If I can be serious for a minute. The establishment wants romney. It is his turn. He stepped aside for mccain who stepped aside for Bush. romeny was promised he would be the nominee regardless of the primary results. The only difference between romney, mccain, and obsama is romney’s hair. romney is as much of a big government commie as obsama, just with better clothes and more class. He will be as weak as carter and as useless as ford if he is elected. Scumbags klike hairlip reid will run roughshod over him without blinking. under romney, obsamacare will not be repealed, neither will the eopa, cap and trade, the light bulb ban, or the financial sector restrictions.The country will disintegrate as sure as if obsama were re-elected. I will treat 2012 as I did 2008, sure obsama is a pos commie anti-American douchieabaga, but so is romney. If they stick us with another leftist, I will not support the republican party with time or money, I will not support romney, and I will not hold my nose to vote for another c sucking pos establishment dirtbag.

Now back to being plentyobailouts. Go Tebow!!

12. plentyobailouts says:

Dang… my dissertation went into Franks endless abyss of moderation.

13. PBunyan says:

Frank J: “Of course, there is no prize for second place in the primary as a lot of Republican candidates don’t seem to understand.”

Actually there is a prize:” Candidates win delegates in proportion to the votes they get, though they must win at least 10 percent of the ballots cast to be eligible for the allocation. The statewide winner gets the remainder of the 12 delegates if the threshold requirement leaves some unaccounted for.

@plentyobailouts

I don’t see Romney as Ford at all. The difference between a potential Romney presidency and the Ford administration is the likelihood that Republican will have a good majority in the house and possibly a slim majority in the Senate. Ford faced a 2/3 Dem majority in the House and 3/5 Dem majority in the Senate.

If Romney is elected – which seems likely at this point – it is critical that conservative Republicans be retained and added to the House to hold his feet to the fire. A Republican majority in the senate would be very helpful – especially if conservatives can be added to the roster – but that may have to wait for 2014.

15. Constitution says:

“Todd Palin endorses Newt. In other news, my daughter just ate a tomato.” Now that is some funny stuff!!!

DamnCat,

It’s interesting to note that a few changes to your comment – most especially “Romney” to “McCain” – would make it look like something fresh out of January 2008.

What’s that thing about doom? Something to do with repeating history’s mistakes?

I’ve decided I love Romney. In other news, there are apes in the plaza.

Marco – I disagree. The 2010 midterms changed the landscape considerably. In 2008 McCain faced the prospect of an entirely Dem controlled Congress with dim prospects for Republican gains. It is Obama’s over-reach that flipped the House.

19. Basil says:

> DamnCat
    > I agree that Romney, Ford, and McCain are all go-along-to-get-along types. We have to make sure that it is a conservative Republican Congress that Romney is trying to get along with.

What he said!

@DamnCat: Especially since The Doomsday Clock is at 5 minutes to midnight.

The Fiscal Doomsday Clock.

21. M says:

2016 will be a landslide for Rand Paul.

Increase our numbers by +10%, and these primaries will be a lock.

22. DontPlayRockyTop says:

Jeez. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but.
    Go Mitt.
    Fire ‘em.
    I’ve been fired twice in the last 4 years, neither time because of my own performance but because others around me picked fights I’d have found a way to avoid. But dangit this is America and each time I landed a little better off than before.
    In fact I made more last year than I’ve ever seen in my life. Can’t wait to see what happens next. Go ahead, fire me again. God bless America.

23. arik says:

Romney: Because anyone better is already working for Fox News.

Romney: Who else is there, really?

Romney: Because everyone else has to work for a living.

Seriously, though, if we put him in the White House, it will finally bring an end to the national nightmare that is his apparently endless campaign.

24. CrustyB says:

Romney The Electable. I wish I could scrub that word from the English language.

I must be getting old because I remember when we used to vote for candidates because they represented our views. You know, as in representative government?

Well, Rush said we’d have to push Romney to the right.
    I suppose attacking from the left is one way to do that.
    Saw Huntsman on TV celebrating his third place finish in New Hampshire
    (or was it Vermont? I always get those 2 confused.)
    I have no opinion on Huntsman, but his wife is Hot!
    Obie doesn’t want us to dig holes in the ground near the Grand Canyon because it would detract from the natural beauty of the world’s biggest hole in the ground?

Alright, that’s it! I’m voting for whoever the AIP is running this year! Yes I know they’re crazier then Ron Paul…but as an Alaskan what else can I do?

27. ussjimmycarter says:

Since the debt equals the national GDP, it doesn’t matter!!! We are like Greece except our women don’t all have a mustache and we bathe daily… Romney needs to split us up into several countries and spin us off by selling us to other countries. I hope we get sold to Canada while Jimmy, you homo get’s sold to Russia and they send you to a Gulag comrade!!!!

28. Penultimatum says:

FramkJ’s last NYP column is now being shared by Forbes.Com. I think this is the beginning of the 2016 Preznitential Campaign Season – FrankJ for Preznit!!!

29. ImperialDave says:

“And wouldn’t it be awesome if Romney became president and did nothing but fire people?”

I think it was Rush that said, with the size of our Federal Government, don’t we want someone who’ll fire people?