Nuke the News: The State of the Union Is We Have a Useless Leader

Posted on January 25, 2012 11:00 am

* I’m in the New York Post again!

Yeah, I know I’ve been having a column with them about once a week, but aren’t you amazed each time? Anyway, this one is on why it’s good to have a food stamp president and that government dependency is just a good idea.

Really, who would you rather take care of you? Cold, self-interested individuals or a warm, caring government?

* Obama gave his State of Union speech last night. I did not watch it. I’m paid enough for that. Sounds like it was a basically a rehash of all his previous ideas like they were brand new ideas. It’s like we’ve tried a little of the same and that didn’t work, so Obama’s solution is we need even more of the same. Plus, Obama added some more harping on fairness.

Yes, really; a rich Democrat whining about fairness. How innovative. It really is the party of new ideas.

And isn’t that just what the economy needs: more whining about fairness? No one even pretends taxing the rich will help the economy, but the Democrat can’t get off that because whining is more important to them than success as a nation.

Barack Obama is not a serious person and apparently has no intentions of ever being so. People keep talking about how weak the Republican field is, but our multiple bad choice sure beats the Democrats single horrible choice. We aren’t going to be forced to run a proven failure for president, so advantage us.

* One thing I’ve been wondering. With all the focus on the evil millionaires, is anyone going to point out how Obama is rich. And it really does seems unfair how rich he is considering he has no useful skills and has produced no goods or services his entire life. If Obama really wants to attack our economic system as unfair, shouldn’t he hold himself up as the ultimate example? “You’re working hard every day and barely getting by. I’m completely useless and only had previously held made up jobs like community organizer and yet somehow ended up rich. Obviously, the system is rigged. I won’t rest until we live in a fair country — a place where a useless person like me lives destitute on the street instead of playing golf every other day.” As I’ve said before, we’d take the left more seriously if they held themselves up as the examples of the ills they don’t like, but that would take self-awareness so it’s not going to happen.

* According to his tax returns, Romney gave over 15% of his income to charity in 2010-2011. And what are people upset at? Not more of that was taken by the government to be wasted by idiots in DC.

Looking at Obama back in 2000-2004 before much of a spotlight was on him, Obama gave less than one percent to charity. You know, because he’s a liberal and his charity is to urge the government to seize other people’s money. And before Biden was vice president, he gave an average of $369 dollars a year to charity. Come on! These are the same people complaining about the greedy rich, but they cling to their own money more tightly than anyone else. Where is the press on this extreme hypocrisy? Obviously anytime the left is complaining about greed in others, it’s nothing but projection. And now we know where they get this impulse for taxation — they know how greedy they are and can’t imagine someone giving up money to help others unless it is forcibly taken. And in the end, what’s more greedy than only spending other people’s money to help the needy?

* Wisdom of the Day from Fred Thompson:

Warren Buffett now says his offer to help pay down the natl debt was merely “symbolic.” Ah… sorta like an Obama “stimulus” program.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (15 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

20 Responses to “Nuke the News: The State of the Union Is We Have a Useless Leader”

1. Tom Bri says:

Yes. I am amazed. Every. Single. Time.

I’ve long advocated that what we need is not food stamps, but public feeding troughs.

And, of course, we would need public coffee nipples.

(Well, I would, anyway.)

3. Rayfan87 says:

My idea is to turn old factories/warehouses into giant barracks. Make everyone over 15 sign in and out, all children must be enrolled in school, beyond school age must show they are looking for a job, each person gets a footlocker to keep their stuff, footlockers are subject to random searches, mandatory drug tests for everyone over 15, the barracks are drug/alcohol/tobacco free.

4. Isaac says:

Frank J.’s satire was so bitingly imitative of liberal-style thinking, it actually convinced me! I’m going to quit my job and go on food stamps, just to do my part in throwing wood on the heart-toasting fires of Big Guv Luv. America needs me to take this course of action. I was in Philadelphia last week, and instead of the loving brothers it was named for, all I ran into were a bunch of surly slobs. Imagine if we could get some people in Philly on food stamps. Wouldn’t that be something? Eagles fans might even stop booing national anthems and Santa Claus.

5. plentyobailouts says:

FrankJ writes?

6. Crabby Old Bat says:

You act like this does not prove how very intelligent he is. He has learned from his mistakes. As a Senator, he was against the Surge in Iraq. And what was the Surge but way, way “more of the same?” And it succeeded beyond expectations (way, way beyond Obama’s expectations).

So he learned his lesson and is applying it to his present circumstances, and you act like that is a bad thing.

“Don’t be greedy. Feed the needy.
    But whatever you do, don’t teach them how to fish.
    Because, if you do, there won’t be any.
    Think about it.” -Joe Biden

Buffett, in case you haven’t heard, has a significant stake in BNSF railways. BNSF stands to make a fortune with Obama’s cancellation of the Keystone pipeline.

Obama: He doesn’t take crap from the rich. Just their money.

9. Burmashave says:

I think I’m in the wrong business. On the one hand, I could be a community organizer, but on the other hand, I think the things I would organize my community to do wouldn’t lead to a wealthy Burmashave. I must study this Obama fellow more closely.

A liberal friend of mine (is that possible?) accused me of being a Republican. I said, “No, I haven’t been a Republican since Reagan.” So, he replied with a non sequitur: “Well, don’t you believe in a safety net?” I said, “Yes, I’d like to see all the people on welfare, food stamps, social security, medicare, medicaid and any other kind of federal aid… NETTED for their own safety.”

11. Razor says:

Obama’s State of the Union address, 2012 edition, was vastly different from last year’s speech.

Last year, to show how stupid government regulations are. he made a joke about fresh-water salmon.

This year, to show how stupid government regulations are, he made a joke comment about milk spills.

See? Different!

Nowhere did Obama say what stupid regulations he’s eliminated in the past year. But who cares! Free unionized manufacturing steel mill jobs for all!

Gimme gimme gimme bookended by “I got bin Laden” opening and closing.

If Congress will give me a bill that gives everyone free ponies, I’ll sign that bill! Obama is to Congressional address as little kid is to Santa’s lap.

I hear Navy SEALs Obama got him some Somali pirates this morning, too.

Singlehandedly.

Time for another speech.

12. Crabby Old Bat says:

Razor says: I hear Navy SEALs Obama got him some Somali pirates this morning, too.

To be fair, I feel a surge of pride every time the Navy SEALs do something spectacular (so, like, twice a day), even though the only seal-like quality I personally possess is the nice, thick, insulating layer of blubber protecting my body from the cold.

13. ussjimmycarter says:

I’ve decided to become a Hooker! I’ll put on a Man Thong and take a shot of me on a hotel bed with that “come hither” look! $1,000 a pop…3 pops a day…15,000 a week…that would be sweet. Of course I will report all my earnings to Uncle Sam…snicker!!! Hey, I don’t have to “do” any fat smelly chicks do I? Or like Old ones, or ugly ones? I’m really just interested in like super rich total babes that want it! So what do you think? “Ussjc’s Stud Service, You Pick ‘em, We Stick Em!!!” Muwhahahahahahahah!

Man, you’re gonna need intravenous B12 and a good health plan, ussjc.

Let’s see. You can start with your usual: Hillary, Rosie, Helen, Debbie, Oprah, and Nancy.

That’s two days worth. But as your advisor, be prepared for your business to wither after that, ussjc, unless, of course, you have Newt as your marketing manager. Or maybe Mitt – he is a better capitalist, after all, and the author of Romneycare. He could handle your weenerectomy in Massachusetts with no prob.

15. WillS says:

It’s been a day since Obama’s speech, and the only thing I can remember from it is that after every point he would say, “Send me a bill like that and I’ll sign it!”

How lazy is that? Next he’ll be asking Congress to make him a sandwich.

16. plentyobailouts says:

@#13 USSJC — eewwww — Only thing worse than a pasty Norweigian in a thong would be having to listen to obsama do a speech.

@#15 WillS — What he meant to say was: Send me a bill like that and I will sign it with an autopen while I am on the way to the golf course.

I wish congress would make him an impeachment sammich, and then force him to eat pork. We know mooselems hate pork.

17. plentyobailouts says:

@12 Crabby, I resemble that. Blubbery. Maybe I can stand on the corner with USSJC and solicit. Then again, the locals may think its a line for lutefisk and keep us from making any money.

Prepare a letter of resignation and slip it into a stack of official looking paper and just say, “sign here, Mr. Present, then enjoy your golf game.”

19. ussjimmycarter says:

Yea, well you losers laugh, but when I’m hauled into court in front of all the news cameras like Heidi Fleis, and I have a gagillion dollars in the bank and a little black book of powerful women that I can reveal at any moment so I am released with no charges and then I get my own movie deal and TV show and book deal and I’m driving my Veryon down the interstate at 225mph, laugh then my friend!!!!

20. Persnickety says:

Ah well. You go into these big cities like New York and, like a lot of big cities, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing’s replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.
    And it’s not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to their money or left-wing causes or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-free-trade sentiment or anti-constitution sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

@ussjimmycarter: I look forward to saying I knew you when.. can I be your butler?