Not a better motto, because they already have the awesomest around, but a better slogan for their recruitment ads, because this is a bunch of PC crap:
“Marines move toward the sounds of tyranny, injustice, and despair.”
No, they move towards the sounds of guns, grenades, and artillery, and make them very, very quiet.
This trite, generic ad copy would be equally at home on an Occupy Wall Street sign, and makes it sound like the Marines’ main job it to change the diapers of squalling infants.
This picture needs help, so I’m providing it:
* You… Yes you, the dictator in the funny hat… kiss your ass goodbye.
* Marines: like a snuggly warm blanket of apocalyptic horsemen
* “Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn look to the east.”
* Seriously, don’t piss us off.
* Opening up a can of Article I, Section 8, enumerated power 11
* Say your prayers, you flea-bitten varmint!
* “A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day.”
* Because we can beat you hopping on one leg
* We crossed your “Line of Death.” And we brought it with us.
* If you’re out of white flags, we’ll accept yellow. Just wave the front of your pants.
Your turn. Step up in the comments, please…