Nuke the News: Etch-a-Sketch

Posted on March 22, 2012 11:00 am

* ETCH-A-SKETCH!!!!

BTW, if you’re in a need of a spokesman and are on a budget, I’m guessing Eric Fehrnstrom will be pretty cheap in the near future.

Now, generally what was stated is common knowledge — you run one campaign in the primary and another in the general. The only problem is it’s seems like Romney has already been running a general election campaign in the primary with no hard right positions… but his general election campaign is going to be even squishier? Maybe a better metaphor for Romney then would be the blobfish.

And I would like to go on record as saying the Etch-a-Sketch sucks. It’s really hard to draw with. I never got why it was popular. The only thing I liked about it was the shaking, but as for shaking, many other things are more fun like bags of cats.

* You love gas prices lately? Thank Energy Secretary Steven Chu who takes all the credit, giving himself an A on controlling gas prices.

So do you think the Obama administration has any idea what’s going on? Best I can figure, they spend most of the day stoned out of their mind and watching Family Guy reruns. That’s the absolute best explanation I can come up with for their behavior.

* Apparently many Marines don’t like President Obama. Whaaaat?! My world has been turned topsy turvy. Why wouldn’t Marines love a useless, condescending twit? We all love him; what’s wrong with them?

* John Hawkins of Right Wing News list both SarahK and I as top follows on Twitter. I know there are a few people left who aren’t on Twitter, but you should consider following me and my wife if you like humor and witty observations throughout the day. If you don’t like that, continue reading this blog which I’m trying to make as devoid of humor possible (except Harvey keeps getting in the way).

* Wisdom of the Day from MJ:

Guns don’t kill people, the shark-launching catapult you build during the 3-day waiting period to acquire your gun does.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (12 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

28 Responses to “Nuke the News: Etch-a-Sketch”

You love gas prices lately? … So do you think the Obama administration has any idea what’s going on?

No, I don’t.

OBAMA: “We have subsidized oil companies for a century. We want to encourage production of oil and gas, and make sure that wherever we’ve got American resources, we are tapping into them. But they don’t need an additional incentive when gas is $3.75 a gallon, when oil is $1.20 a barrel, $1.25 a barrel. They don’t need additional incentives. They are doing fine.”

2. hwuu says:

So how did Chu get on the affirmative action grading scale?

3. Mxymaster says:

DamnCat must be sore at gas prices to not lanch a kitty attack on Frank for his cat-shaking gag.

Anyway, Pres. Romney would be squishy. So what? The Frank J Doctrine calls for a leader who knows he can’t survive in office without the conservative bloc, since we’ll be unlikely to get a real rock-ribbed conservative president any time soon. Good squishy beats bad solid any day.

4. CarolyntheMommyof2 says:

Thanks for the congratulations, all. Thanks for the post, Harvey! Pictures coming.

If you are trying to make this blog as devoid of humor possible you should encourage MFL to post here more often. Chu has grossly inflated his grade. What he deserved, and should have received, was an -F.

6. Monkey Faced Liberal says:

FrankJ:

“So a Romney spokesman refers to the Romney campaign as an Etch-a-Sketch that will be reset come the general, and it’s pretty much the biggest thing ever. People have been saying for a while that Romney has no principles, and now one of his own spokesman has come up with the perfect metaphor.”

Wow. You and I agree. Maybe there is hope for you yet FrankJ.

Best Regards,

Monkey Faced Liberal

Damn speak of the devil and he brachiates right in.

“it’s seems like Romney has already been running a general election campaign in the primary with no hard right positions… but his general election campaign is going to be even squishier? Maybe a better metaphor for Romney then would be the blobfish.”

Then, why do you blog everyday how we need to make him our candidate as quickly as possible?

9. Rayfan87 says:

We need to make Romney the candidate because since Cthulu isn’t running we are deciding between the lesser of two evils.

10. innominatus says:

Romney might not literally be an Etch-a-Sketch, but I find that drawing a smooth ellipse on Romney is almost as hard as doing the same on an E-a-S.

11. Rockhead says:

So the Etch-a-Sketch finally makes it into big-time presidential politics. Seems like it was just yesterday when some wag observed that Joe Biden was issued an Etch-a-Sketch in lieu of a laptop. I personally recycled that joke just last week, but couldn’t remember to whom it should be attributed. Any takers?

Is Romney trying to throw the election?

Is this the 1919 World Series?

13. Ernie Loco says:

@Rockhead – I know that joke was in a Dilbert comic strip. Wow, three seconds on google, and I found it.

14. whosebone says:

i couldnt draw a straight line with etch a sketch but check this out……….http://www.ohioart.com/etch/Gallery.action;jsessionid=bbdfc476e30800dedb54f41c7c4e?artist=Nicole+Falzone&hallOfFameWing

“many other things are more fun like bags of cats.”

Or a bag of Otters or Raccoons. However, I’ll settle for cats.

I think I’m less than 24 hours off winning the baby pool. However, my gender was wrong.

Jimmy says:
    However, my gender was wrong.

Oh, my! Have you told Mrs. Jimmy and Jimmy Jr.?

Well, I guess I walked into that one. Where the heck have YOU been, Mr. Cat? There is no Mrs. Jimmy. Why do you think I keep advertising my late-night, sex hot line talk show? I need a date! She has to be either Celtic or Italian, however. Beggars can be choosers!

No Mrs. Jimmy? Who makes your sammiches?

:-( I do. But an ideal sammich maker would be both Celtic and Italian – and slightly crazy!

Celtic and Italian – the slightly crazy part goes without saying.

Since we’re discussing the Etch-a-Sketch, I guess this is relevant:

22. shane says:

So if Romney is an Etch-a-Sketch, then I want to know if he can draw a circle….

23. Jeff the Macedonian says:

“Maybe a better metaphor for Romney then would be the blobfish.” Perhaps a dorkfish? “I’m a dorkfish! He caught me on’a corndawg! I was swimmin’ in th’ocean, and I saw that corndawg and said “Whatsa corndawg doing in th’ocean?!”

DamnCat, Harvey’s trying to keep us on topic. I don’t know about you, but I’d rather talk about Celtic and Italian women.

25. plentyobailouts says:

Jimmy! Dude! Don’t ever let on that we are capable of making our own sammiches. Guooosh.

@Jimmy – HA! Doesn’t Harvey know that you can herd cats?

Can’t herd cats. (FIFY)

“Democracy demands that little men should not take big ones too seriously; it dies when it is full of little men who think they are big themselves.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

28. Rockhead says:

@Ernie Loco Thanks, pal, now I’m busted and have to admit that I saw (and liked) a Dilbert cartoon. I still like the Biden version better.