* Mitt Romney was recently described as an Etch A Sketch, but over at PJ Media I pick out which toys the candidates are most like.
Ron Paul is like Dungeons & Dragons. It’s this game a few people are highly devoted to and spend all their time playing, while most other people look at them as a bunch of weirdos.
Go read and discuss amongst yourselves.
* Oral arguments for Obamacare continued yesterday, and many people think the lawyer for Obamacare, Solicitor General Donald Verrilli, choked. A number of people compared him to the public defender from My Cousin Vinny. The liberal Justices seemed to be trying to help him along in his answers to keep him from embarrassing himself.
Paul Clement, arguing against Obamacare, had gotten pretty much universal praise for his performance. When he spoke, the liberal justices started shrieking, “No! Nasty limits to government power! Keep it away!” There is already talk of building a monument to him for saving American liberty.
Then again, no one is ever sure these oral arguments make much of a difference. Everyone is mainly just listening to what the judges say to get an idea where they are… with special attention to Kennedy. And the chance for Obamacare being overturned on Intrade was at 30% but is now to over 55%. And Dems are already spinning how having Obamacare struck down would be the best thing ever for Obama’s reelection chances (how could having one’s signature, yet extremely unpopular, legislation struck down as unconstitutional be anything but good). Still, I don’t think we get the final decision until June. Hopefully on my birthday.
* Romney is building a new house, and it has a car elevator. I don’t know why this is news. I guess we’re supposed to react and say, “Grrr! He’s rich! Let’s be whiny and hate him!” In the time it takes you to read about Romney’s car elevator, the government will waste far more money than that cost — except, unlike Romney, they won’t be spending their own money.
Really, I wish that anyone in America who whined about someone else spending his own money were fired out of cannon into Canada. It would a special “Whiners Deportation Cannon”.
Okay; it would just be a normal cannon.
* Rick Santorum is slipping in the polls in Pennsylvania. If he can’t win his home state, things don’t look good for him… except things already don’t look good for him as there is already no fathomable scenario in which he gets a majority of delegates. But not winning PA would make things look extra bad. So I hope he loses big.
Just end this stupid primary! Please!
* Wisdom of the Day from David Burge (yeah, I know I quote him yesterday too):
The Constitution: a pre-existing condition that doesn’t cover Obamacare.
* Fox is planning on releasing in July a Ben Stiller comedy called Neighborhood Watch, but decided to pull the trailer because of recent events. Apparently a lot of the humor in it is about accidentally shooting minority children in hoodies. Bad timing.