Link of the Day: How Well Does Scotch Age in Zero Gravity?

Posted on April 14, 2012 6:08 pm

[High Praise! to Deb]

Looks like all the billions we sunk into the International Space Station are finally about to pay off:

How Well Does Scotch Age in Zero Gravity?

[Think you have a link that’s IMAO-worthy? Send it to harvolson@gmail.com. If I use your link, you will receive High Praise! (assuming you remember to put your name in the email)]

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

16 Responses to “Link of the Day: How Well Does Scotch Age in Zero Gravity?”

1. Rayfan87 says:

Two years? Heathens. If they want to do this right it should be up there for at least 12-18 years.

I’m not sure which is more interesting: Scotch… or… Space.

I mean, you can have Space for Scotch. But having Scotch for Space doesn’t make sense unless you’re in Space and there’s Scotch all around you taking up Space, in which case it wouldn’t be a waste of Space unless you couldn’t drink the Scotch.

Is this clear?

Jimmy – no.

To quote Scotty: “it’s green”

Harvey, when it comes to Scotch, I think Deb is green. I’m pretty sure she doesn’t drink the stuff. But she gets +1 for sharing the link for the betterment of all us future, space-faring, Scotch drinkers! Heck, there’s space in my cupboard right now for a new bottle. Launch shuttle craft!

5. seanmahair says:

You can’t pilot the shuttle if you a wee bit under the weather Jimmy-boyo. You have to wait until you get in space, that way the only thing you’ll run into is space junk, the occasional planet and maybe the sun but truly with enough scotch, would you really care?

One small step for a distiller…one giant leap for distillerkind!

In space, no one can hear you scream – for Scotch.

(But truly with enough Scotch, seanmahair, I wouldn’t care. But like my shuttle has a two liter engine which is about the same as a good bottle of Scotch plus a spare, backup bottle in case I got lost. I call that a “drop-in spare” in case something happens to the first bottle. If I’m lost without any Scotch out there, well… Houston, we have a problem. Down here, I get lost WITH the Scotch and gravity lets me sleep.)

8. Les says:

Now that’s science! (SCIENCE!!1111!!!)

9. seanmahair says:

Crawling out of bed this morning after a wicked night (we live at what was last night just about ground zero tornado wise, with no Scotch being consumed) I feel like I lifted my arm a few too many times. Truth is, I’m getting too old to spend 45 minutes hunkered down in the hall way, sitting on the floor, waiting for whatever was about to happen. We had 5 children and 5 adults in my basement bathroom and 4 more adults in the hallway (and two dogs) . Quite the experience. All is well in my little corner of Heaven but others were not so lucky. Prayers would be appropriate.

Actually, Harvey and Deb, that experiment is a waste of time and space. In most cases, Irish Whiskey is better than Scotch and you don’t need to go to space to prove it. You can do a blind, side-by-side taste test to find out. However, good statistical modeling requires a large sample size so you have to be prepared for that. Fortunately, when the results are in after reaching the 95% acceptance level, you can rest or do whatever you need to do, like fall down.

Happy Sunday.

Oh, wow, seanmahair, I didn’t refresh to see your comment before submitting mine. Good to hear you survived that one!

12. Les says:

Wish I could offer more than prayers, seanmahair. It’s hard to fathom a force that, with little warning, can efface an entire town.

Then I read a comment on a news story, suggesting it should hit somewhere in 1% territory, and “then maybe they’ll do something about global warming…” and I can’t begin to fathom the Lord’s mercy.

13. Critter says:

yanno, Science! is always doing these dumb experiments like how many crystals can we grow in space. like we need more crystals for hippies to worship or something. good to see Science! put to some real use tho i have to second the idea of Irish Whiskey rather than Scotch, but we have to start somewhere.

seanmahair: i feel your pain brother. i have no more upright trees on my property.

14. DontPlayRockyTop says:

Awesome! NASA gave us Tang and Velcro and now 2-year old Scotch! Meanwhile our mean old military gave us GPS and the internet. Sounds like we need to cut defense spending!

Glad you survived, Seanmahair and Critter.
    Prayer request received and acknowledged.

16. seanmahair says:

So sorry to hear that critter. We dodged the bullet big time. Not so for some in the area. Thanks for the prayers though, it always helps. That kind of experience always makes one re-examine one’s decision making paradigm.