* So Obama’s new slogan is “Forward”. It’s kind of odd. If you’re in a car which brakes have been cut and are careening out of control, I guess you can describe that as moving “forward”, but that’s probably not most people’s choice. They’ll be like, “We have to stop this thing!” and Obama is like, “No, I want to see this through.” And everyone is like, “But we’re headed for a brick wall.” And Obama is like, “But I have a very good feeling about it; great things are going to happen when we reach it.”
Or maybe “Forward” is just a reminder of what to do with his mail in 2013.
* So Obama is “spiking the football” on Osama bin Laden. He has this ad out praising himself for making a decision 98% of people would have made. “When I saw the stove was hot, I made the bold decision not to put my face on it.” And then he’s trying to claim Romney wouldn’t make that decision because only Obama when presented with the choice, “Should we go ahead and get bin Laden?” was bold enough to say, “Yeah, I guess so.”
Obama will get some mileage out of taking down bin Laden… but only if he doesn’t overplay it. But he can’t help but overplay it because it’s all he has. That’s it. He has no other accomplishment to mention on the campaign trail — and I don’t count Obamacare or the “stimulus” because everyone hates those. The only thing is for him to say, “I killed Osama! So elect me so I can once again… um… er… I killed Osama.”
* Some Navy SEALs are upset about Obama’s victory lap about bin Laden when all he did was not get in their way while they risked their lives. As we learned from John Kerry, there’s a big risk in Democrats acting all tough on military stuff since they’re the sissy party and everyone knows it. And at least John Kerry was actually in the military; all Obama did was not interfere too much with what Bush had already got in motion. The more Obama talks about it, the more people are going to think, “So all Obama did before office was attack what our military was doing and now it’s the one thing he wants credit for?”
Also, if he’s still claiming that the economy is still Bush’s fault — despite Obama doing tons of stuff about it — aren’t the military successes also Bush’s fault — especially since Obama has done many less changes there?
* In the argument of who is better for dogs — super important for this election year — Mitt Romney once saved a dog’s life. For Obama, saving a dog involves using Tupperware.
* Wind farms may cause global warming. So what do we do? Do we make fun of the idea of global warming? Or do we accept global warming so we can make fun of wind farms? I think I’ll just point and laugh, “Haw haw!”
* Sunny has a new video in which she explores Tea Party racism:
* Wisdom of the Day from Dan McLaughlin:
“Forward”: Because “Yes We Can” was way too specific.
* The squeaky wheel gets the Wikipedia page. I noticed that if you put “Frank J. Fleming” into google, the first suggestion was “Frank J. Fleming wiki” which means people are trying to look me up on Wikipedia but I didn’t exist there. So I thought I’d just mention that on teh Twitters, and now I have a page. And it’s been up a couple days now so I guess Wikipedia has officially deemed me as “notable.” That’s right; I’m on my way up. Next step: fame and fortune.