Debate Open Thread

Posted on October 3, 2012 8:48 pm

Here’s the open thread for the debate tonight because you just have to tell IMAO what you think about what’s going on. What to watch for tonight: Obama and Romney trying to say lots of pre-rehearsed lines and avoiding going off script as much as possible.

We really should do these things after they’ve had days of sleep deprivation. Actually, we should just have the CIA run them. I demand honest answers!

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

27 Responses to “Debate Open Thread”

1. James says:

Wouldn’t it be easier to fly them down to GITMO and waterboard the truth out of them? Five minutes, ten max!

I just came in from harvesting a field full of butternut squash. There’s a debate?

Jim Lehrer did, however, submit his questions to the Obama campaign…

Oh my God! He’s black!

5. Manolo says:

God, I love seeing a dope slap applied to a genuine dope! Keep slappin’ him, Mitt! Keep slappin’ him!

6. Manolo says:

He wants 5 seconds back on the clock?! WTF?! You had four years, dummy!

Is it that good? I’m not watching as I’m on the Twitters. As soon as I’m off the Twitters, I’ll flush and then watch.

8. blarg says:

Anyone keeping track of how many times Obama appoligized? Cause it’s a lot.

Mitt really needed to take off the gloves tonight. He’s done well…better than Barry…but, he really had some opportunities to take him out, and didn’t.

Funny, how Lehrer isn’t very aggressive in cutting off Barry during his endless monologues

ouch…”a number of them have been contributors to your campaign”…there ya go…bout time

Lehrer spends five minutes talking about how we’ve only got three minutes…

13. Maxamillian says:

Jim Lehrer has zero control of this scene

14. Bad science says:

Five trillion dollar tax cut??? (Actually, that would be really cool if it was true, but…) Where the heck did the ears come up with that?

I’m reading reports that Obama looked constipated, needed his teleprompter, was quite boring and kept running a time deficit.

Glad I didn’t watch.

16. Razor says:

Debate just finished. Pathetic Obama will be hugging TOTUS tonight.

Even CNN’s panel agreed that Obama “looked like he didn’t want to be there” and lost this debate. I guess they’re trying to set the “comeback” scenario for the next two debates.

I’m a little concerned. Is James Carville saying that a democrat lost a debate one of the signs of the end of the world?

19. seanmahair says:

So Michele didn’t lend him back his……..equiptment for the evening? How sad? What will be even more interesting is reading the “Pundits” views tomorrow. I wonder how Chris Matthews leg is feeling tonight? What new nasty, snarky, outside of reality nonsense Him/Her Majesty Maddow Queen of ………..well just queen I guess, will come out with.

Should be quite the show. Hang on to your reality folks, the left’s about to hit the Improbability Drive. We may all wake up tomorrow as yarn people.

20. blarg says:

Wiped. The. Floor.

Obama’s body language was so beta male it’s embarrassing. Couldn’t make eye contact. Walked over to Romney to shake his hand… And Romney showed all the leadership. He owned it.

21. macko says:

should have stuffed him on the medicare vouchers(they don’t exist) Should have explained that references to god and the creator means that no man decides your potential. Would have sent barry out on a stetcher

Hold the phone.

I see that Romney’s going to take care of me when I’m old with Medicare! Never mind that it’s completely, financially unsustainable. But I’ll be warm and cozy and well-medicated with surgeries when I need them and lots of nurses (oooh la la). All you younger people can pay for my care, mmmmkay?

Dear Mitt Romney: Convince Congress to ABOLISH MEDICARE! Phase it out before it’s too late. Get the Federal Government out of the medical business.

I now return you to your “Rah rah rah. Sssssss BOOM BAH!”

23. Dodsfall says:

High point for Romney:
    Money wasted on Solyndra and other failed green energy programs could have hired 2 million teachers. Extra points: Played the cronyism card expertly bringing up the fact that big money donors profited hugely off the tax payer’s losses in the green energy scam.

Low point for Obama:
    In the closing statement, promised 4 more years of the same failed policies and offered nothing new.

“You don’t pick the winners and losers, you just pick the losers!”

25. T-dog says:

I did watch the video of Chris Matthews head exploding after the debate. Hilarious!

Bottom line: All the libs are beside themselves wondering what Obama was doing tonight. Well, he was being himself. This is all Barry’s EVER done…it’s comparable to EVERY performance or speech he’s ever given. There never has been any brilliance, or even any passion. He’s had “help” with liberal spin and cheerleading in every performance he’s ever had all along the way, and in 2008 was debating incompetent John McCain…probably the worst debater in the history of political debates. Well, tonight he was pushed for the first time in his life (aside from the recent Univision interview, in which he also came off as a pompous, ignorant ass) and he couldn’t hack it. I keep hearing how Romney was so much “on the attack” tonight. Well, this would have been Ronald Reagan dialed back to about a 2. If only there was a way to watch Ronald Reagan go up against this spoiled, pampered brat in a debate he would have wiped the floor with him and probably had him in tears in the fetal position…not because Barry had an off night, but because Barry’s actually never been very good at any of this.

It’s almost Biblical the way the one’s career began and ended in Denver.
    It reminded me of Elijah vs the priests of Baal on Mt. Carmel but without the divine fire.
    But there’s still 3 debates to go, so who knows?