Endorsements

Posted on October 22, 2012 10:00 am

This late in the campaign, the endorsements are coming out. Recently, Mitt Romney picked up the endorsements of The Orlando Sentinel, The Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch, and The Tampa Tribune. The biggest news out of these is that the Orlando paper had endorsed Obama four years ago.

But, the president isn’t without his supporters. He’s picked up three endorsements, too. And these endorsements carry a lot of influence. Obama has the support of Hugo Chavez, Raul Castro, and Vladimir Putin.

We’re still waiting on the all-important Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and Kim Jong-un endorsements. Wonder who they’ll support?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: ,

14 Responses to “Endorsements”

1. jw says:

obama also got the endorsements of honey boo boo and pimp with a limp, if i recall. though i have no idea who these creatures are.

2. Writer says:

Obama has also picked up the all-important Chicago Graveyard vote.

3. Burmashave says:

You forgot Imapajamahead. His is more of a tacit endorsement.

4. jack says:

Obama did get the Iranian endorsement. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/21/world/iran-said-ready-to-talk-to-us-about-nuclear-program.html?hp&_r=3&

He’d have gotten Fidel’s endorsement too except his brain is now a mashed potato.

6. Mxymaster says:

“Hello, friends! This is your old pal Vladimir Ilyich Lenin! I’ve been dead for 88 years, but if I wasn’t, I’d definitely vote for Obama. In fact, I think I might be able to in Cook County! So remember, you and all your friends and relatives, living and dead, should definitely vote for Obama. As he and I and our pal Mao like to say, Forward!

7. FormerHostage says:

He was also endorsed by the “Obama Phone” lady and a group of vagina puppets.

8. tomg51 says:

But still no ObamaGirl?

9. blarg says:

I wonder if they think they’re actually helping Obama ir if they know that by voting for him they actually might hurt his chances in which case by endorsing Obama they’re really rooting for Romney

10. James says:

I know you guys like to downplay the importance of old media in influencing voters, but I think it is vital that you wait and see who The Onion endorses in this election before making a commitment.

Personally though, I live in the great state of North Carolina where early voting started on the 18th so I have already voted (BTW the early turnout was much heavier than I expected for what that is worth). I guess it doesn’t matter who wins the third debate cause they won’t let me change my mind now. Besides, there are not enough recreational drugs or free Obama-phones in the state to get me to change.

11. Bunkerhillbilly says:

Was talking with a friend of mine the other day who has, on occasion, worked for the Druids In Action (those of you in Rio Linda-or Lynn, MA- check the acronym)…he says the real reason Bin Laden was taken out was that he was going to back Ron Paul and Obama wasn’t having any of that. Not to mention that Khaddafi was thinking about funding another Ross Paul campaign.

Rumors that the ambassador in Libya was back-channeling financial support to Romney, prior to his murder on Sept. 11, are, as of yet, unfounded.

(If the Clintons can have Ft. Marcy Park…)

12. Bunkerhillbilly says:

*Ross Perot…not Ross Paul…

[smacks forehead]

13. Writer says:

Like a proper Chicagoan, Obama had to poll the cemetary vote as well. He garnered these endorsements there: Che Guevara, Stalin, Mao Tse Tung, Lenin and Marx himself.

14. Keln says:

Just FYI, the Columbus Dispatch hasn’t endorsed a Democrat for president since Woodrow Wilson. Since that didn’t work out so well, they tend to endorse Republicans now.

So it isn’t news really.

Personally, I don’t think any form of media should ever endorse a political candidate.

But the Dispatch did leave a pretty good robo-call message on my phone about how we just can’t take four more years of Obama. That was their whole case, and honestly, that is really the whole case.