Random Thoughts: Abortion and Questions

Posted on October 26, 2012 9:39 am

9 out of 10 Down syndrome children are aborted. Is that optimal? Or should the goal be a hundred percent?

If the genetic tests eventually allow us to determine whether an unborn child might be gay, do you think we’ll still have gay people?

With more genetic information on an unborn child plus abortion on demand, we’re basically on an unstoppable path to eugenics, aren’t we?

Being legally able to rip apart an unborn child raises lots of moral conundrums (surprising!) but those get less media focus.

So now Obama is claiming Mourdock doesn’t think rape is rape? What a dishonest scumbag.

If the NYT’s endorsement of Obama is anything more than the phrase “He’s the Democrat,” they’re just wasting everybody’s time.

Colin Powell needs to man up and just admit he made a stupid mistake 2008.

So what exactly do they do in Ohio other than decide who is president every four years?

I get Nate Silver’s electoral vote argument, but why does he seem so certain Obama is going to win popular vote when polls say otherwise?

In a lot of the polls, Obama seems to be stuck at 47%. I wonder why 47%…

So what’s the opposite of feminism? Teaching women to be self-reliant?

So is Lena Dunham’s point that the last four years was one big STD?

If you don’t help raise you daughters to have self-esteem, they won’t realize how little the Democrats think of them.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (13 votes, average: 4.92 out of 5)

22 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Abortion and Questions”

“If you don’t help raise you[r] daughters to have self-esteem, they won’t realize how little the Democrats think of them.”

Ditto for self-confidence and independence. Also applies to boys.

2. John D says:

“Colin Powell needs to man up and just admit he made a stupid mistake 2008.”

He didn’t man up and tell the world that it was his assistant, Dick Armitage, who “outed” Valerie Plame to the press. Could’ve saved the taxpayers some money, saved the country some aggravation, and spared Scooter Libby a felony conviction. I don’t think manning up is Colin Powell’s forté. Which leaves me wondering how the guy ever became a general.

3. seanmahair says:

The Electoral College was put into place when cities like New York, Boston and Washington DC got big enough and the demographic became so large that it negated the votes of people in other area of the state and in other states. Now maybe some folks like the fact that people in New York City can tell people in Wichita, Kansas their votes don’t count but I can guarantee you folks in the Md West don’t want anything they’re selling in New York. That’s why most of us live here, because we don’t want to live there. We don’t want to live among the filth and nastiness that is a physical and spiritual desert nor do we want people from any large city negating our vote by their sheer numbers. The fact that in large cities voter fraud is rampant is no longer news at least not to the MSM. Dead democrats have been voting for years in Chicago, Baltimore and New York. We just don’t want their vote to negate ours.

After the news about Bengahazi that any American would vote for these traitors boggles the mind. We truly have met the enemy an he is us.

4. Iowa Jim says:

So is Lena Dunham’s point that the last four years was one big STD?

Hey, I’m still trying to figure out why she’s concerned about birth control.

5. CayleyGraph says:

Hey, I’m from Ohio, and I’m insulted by your dismissal of our state. We do lots of stuff, like, um…

… I think I saw a Food Network show that said we grow good tomatos.

So there!

6. Capitalist_B says:

… I think I saw a Food Network show that said we grow good tomatos.

So there!

I’m also from Ohio and was born in Zanesville, near the little town of Dresden. The quick answer there is, basket weaving. Yup, that’s right, the big thing there is basket weaving. That and determining the fate of the free world.

7. Capitalist_B says:

Oh, and sadly, the other thing they “do” in Ohio while voting is Bath Salts…

8. CrustyB says:

It’s actually 5 out of 10 Down Syndrome children but It’s still a hideous statistic.

So How Many Babies with Down Syndrome Are Actually Aborted?

Our country is half-way toward being one big, ugly mob of idiots, seanmahair.

10. FormerHostage says:

Mourdock needs to get Woopi Goldberg to do a campaing commercial for him:

“He wasn’t taking about ‘rape’ rape!”

11. Burmashave says:

@CrustyB: Might I clarify your clarification? Of the mothers who choose to have amniocentesis, the abortion rate is 70%. I’d say that’s the significant statistic, but I say lots of things.

@John D: Thanks for the reminder. I keep misremembering his role in that mess, which I might add, by my calculations, received 652% more media coverage than the comparatively minor kerfuffle in Libya.

Speaking of that incident in Libya, Panetta said that he needed more intel despite the drone, video from the compound, CIA station nearby and voice comms from the embassy. Said Panetta, “We were waiting for CNN to arrive and give us the full scoop.”

That day, there were two brave Navy SEALS who didn’t wait for perfect intel before acting.

12. Rayfan87 says:

13. Burmashave says:

Rayfan’s right. We didn’t want Hillary Clinton, Chuck Schumer or Caroline Kennedy, but NYC helps us out when it comes time to choose senators, governors and presidents.

Downstate NY is so greedy for votes that they pushed to have the census addresses of inmates registered by their pre-incarceration addresses. It seems NYC is happy sending their convicts north, but they don’t want to lose countable adults who can’t vote.

14. Burmashave says:

Well correct my butt (#11). Just posted on Fox: the NAVY SEALS who responded ignored specific orders not to help.

That’s not just a little throw up in my mouth.

15. Burmashave says:

I’m disgusted that the SEALs were ordered not to help, that is.

16. John D says:

“Sean, don’t worry about NYC negating your vote, it’s us here in Upstate that get screwed over by NYC.”

True dat! I really need to move.

17. Marc says:

“One of the most common and damaging misconceptions people have is that if you’re moving forward, that means you’re moving towards something.” financial collapse, economic ruin, disaster, mass poverty….those are things and we are moving forward towards them at breakneck speed.

18. Marc says:

I just realized that all my posts here today have been rather negative….I really need to get more sleep.

19. CTCompromise says:

@ 11 Burmashave: “Said Panetta, “We were waiting for CNN to arrive and give us the full scoop.”

I walk my 2 dogs every day…I’ll be more than happy to send Panetta a full scoop …every day !!

RANDOM THOUGHT:

It’s just been reported that Harry Reid’s motorcade was involved in an accident and he was rushed to the hospital. And, all I can think is: Why the hell does Harry Reid need a “motorcade”?

21. Crabby Old Bat says:

Due to fertility problems I was a “geriatric” mother, and the pressure from doctors (ob-gyn, geneticists) to get an amniocentesis test was INTENSE. I finally had to sign several written releases to prove that yes, the increased risks of having a Downs Syndrome child due to my age had been explained to me and yes, I still refused to have the test performed. My ob-gyn continued to bug me about it until I practically shouted at the man that I do not believe in killing the handicapped, therefore the test could do nothing for me other than increase the risk that I would lose the pregnancy that I had fought so hard to achieve. They had told me the risk of “losing the pregnancy” (i.e., inadvertently killing the fetus) was about half a percent. I pointed out that this means 1 in every 200 mothers accidentally kills her unborn baby, just attempting to reassure herself that it was okay. “Half a percent” is not an insignificant number when you think in terms of killing every 200th baby.

22. RAML says: