Random Thoughts: Magic Handkerchief

Posted on October 8, 2012 9:58 am

Let’s be logical here: There’s no way Romney could beat Obama unless he had some sort of magic handkerchief feeding him answers.

I guess Obama told himself before the debate, “This should be easy… unless he brings up how I was president the past four years.”

Aren’t PBS and NPR favorites of affluent white people? Why does stuff they like need subsidies? Why didn’t government save Firefly?

“How can the same thing happen to the same guy… How many times is this now?” -line from A Good Day to Die Hard, presumably

This is a really late gripe, but the fact that the NES version of Donkey Kong was missing the pie level is inexcusable. I didn’t even know the pie level existed until I played a lowtech TI version of the game. Anyway, Nintendo, you ruined approximately one one-millionth of my childhood with your lazy port of Donkey Kong.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (4 votes, average: 4.75 out of 5)

14 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Magic Handkerchief”

“A great Romney fundraising idea would be to sell handkerchiefs with notes of Obama’s failures on it.”

Handkerchief? That would be a bedsheet.

2. plentyobailouts says:

“Anyway, Nintendo, you ruined approximately one one-millionth of my childhood with your lazy port of Donkey Kong.”

When I was porting over Donkey Kong, I said to myself; self this ought to get FrankJ’s goat, just leave out the pie level, then later you can laugh evilly because of it.

They call those tents

Maybe we could start a quilting club with his failures on it. They’d make great Christmas presents for liberal relatives. “Here, sleep under it. You own it, idiot.”

4. Marc says:

Magic handerchief? I am surprised they haven’t tried blaming the “magic underwear” because he is Mormon not muslim so it is ok to make fun of his religon….liberal logic.

As a guy who owns a “lucky Packer jersey” (which I obviously forgot to wear on Sunday), I don’t feel qualified to ever mock Romney’s sacred undergarments.

6. seanmahair says:

My favorite response the the “magic underwear” comment is that if that were true there would be a bunch of people walking around sporting tails or other assorted permanent additions. Same hold true for the handkerchief I would think. Why waste it on winning the debate, why not go for taking over the world? Of course Romney wouldn’t be interested in that, who’d really want to be in charge of such a demented mess anyway.

7. Peregrine John says:

What did Romney really say about PBS? With all the hyperventilating going on about it, you’d think people would have actual quotes or something. Unless, of course, it’s all spin.

8. Keln says:

Peregrine John:

MR. ROMNEY: What things would I cut from spending? Well, first of all, I will eliminate all programs by this test — if they don’t pass it: Is the program so critical it’s worth borrowing money from China to pay for it? And if not, I’ll get rid of it. “Obamacare” is on my list. I apologize, Mr. President. I use that term with all respect.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: I like it.

MR. ROMNEY: Good. OK, good. (Laughter.) So I’ll get rid of that. I’m sorry, Jim. I’m going to stop the subsidy to PBS. I’m going to stop other things. I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you too. But I’m not going to — I’m not going to keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for it. That’s number one.

You can find the whole transcript here.

9. Toadroller says:

@Peregrine, thanks for asking.

@Keln, thanks for posting.

@Romney, I couldn’t have said it better. Heck, Dave Ramsey couldn’t have said it better.

10. Writer says:

There is only one-magic handkerchief and it was once Houdini’s.

11. DrRiff says:

It’s good the govt. didn’t save Firefly because then it would suck.
    However, I believe Firefly is still on only they call it “Castle” now and it doesn’t have spave travel.

12. seanmahair says:

But it does have superior writing, direction and actors. One of the few programs on that one can say that about.

13. Fly says:

Obama spent the entire debate studying his podium carefully, and it’s Romney who must have had a cheatsheet?

So, where was Romney looking all night? Directly at Obama. Of course! Obama’s not black, he’s just covered in ink!

@11 Ok, if Castle is Firefly, then Nathan Fillion is now playing Simon Tam, and Stana Katic is now playing Malcolm Reynolds.

The show desperately needs a Jayne Cobb.