Random Thoughts: Halloween and Taxes

Posted on November 1, 2012 9:22 am

If Nate Silver’s model is horribly wrong, let it be known he predicted that possibility too.

The Obama presidency has been a huge national disaster and shouldn’t be politicized.

Maybe Bloomberg wouldn’t spend so much time worrying about salt and large sodas and crap if we just got him a hobby.

Does polling just call land lines or also Obamaphones?

They say any port in a storm but all I had was chardonnay.

I’m going to vote for Romney, but optimally I wish we’d just try going without a president.

Michelle Obama spends Halloween giving swirlies to fat kids.

Allahpundit has been surprisingly non-Eeyorish lately. I’m not sure how to take that.

So that’s Obama’s big attack on Mitt Romney? That he’s going to raise our taxes? Because that’s what which party is known for?

If you’re really worried about your taxes being raised and you’re voting for the Democrat, you are a really low information voter.

There’s no sirens at Drudge, so how interesting a campaign sex scandal could it be?

Hagel? I thought the GOP had him killed.

I’ve been listening to some songs by The Beatles. Pretty good. Whatever happened to them?

So one hurricane and a bunch of people are ready to turn to the federal government, rip open their blouse, and yell, “Ravage my freedom!”

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (5 votes, average: 4.80 out of 5)

14 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Halloween and Taxes”

1. hwuu says:

It has been taking forever for the Beatles to release their next recording. It is worse than that Chinese Democracy album from Guns N Roses.

2. Silverfiddle says:

Is there any truth to the rumor that the hurricane was all Bush’s fault?

3. La Longue Carabine says:

I think Disney should consult with George Lucas on every Star Wars film they make, carefully consider his suggestsions, and then do the opposite.

4. Mxymaster says:

Not well know, but Hanna-Barbera almost got to Lucas first. Close call.

5. Keln says:

Not well know, but Hanna-Barbera almost got to Lucas first. Close call.

Just think of all the possibilities, besides the ones you listed already. Like, an episode of Scooby-Doo where the Emperor is the bad guy and special guests Luke Skywalker and Davy Jones help the kids crack the case along with the Harlem Globetrotters.

6. Marc says:

“Does polling just call land lines or also Obamaphones?” I thought they only called Obamaphones?

“They say any port in a storm but all I had was chardonnay.” How about a good porter? or maybe a stout or dark brown ale….mmmmm.

I am trying to remember but it seems to me that there have been elections in the past, not even that distant past…maybe 2004…that “polling” indicated a close race then it turned into a landslide for the Repbulican and the MSM all acted surprised. I am thinking, hoping, that will be the case this year. Do they really think that if they manipulate polls to show a close race that will translate to a close election?

7. Marc says:

@4&5….a Scooby-Doo/Star Wars crossover? I can see it now, they run in and rip the mask off of Darth Vader’s head to discover the real villan is Anakin Skywalker…oh, wait.

8. Writer says:

There will always be those who are ready to trade their freedom for security.

9. Iowa Jim says:

So far, a bullet and lung cancer. The lung cancer deprived me of one of my favorite sick jokes:

Q. What would it take to get the Beatles back together?
    A. Three more bullets.

10. Basil says:

The Beatles fell out of favor when one of them said they were more popular than lolcats.

Frank was born during the era of marginally cultured rock ‘n roll. Also, I hate the Beatles.

12. NO_MO_BAMA says:

If you’re really worried about your taxes being raised and you’re voting for the Democrat, if you’re even considering voting for Obama, you are a really low information voter stupid!

There, I fixed it.

“After George Lucas dies, Disney should redo the Star Wars prequels and then we can pretend Jar Jar never happened.”

Jar Jar Binks: A ridiculously annoying character added to appeal to kids in a movie in which the star of the film was a kid. Umm…okay.

14. Bob in Feenicks says:

#7:

He would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those nosy kids and that wookiee.