Things Continue On

Posted on November 15, 2012 11:00 am

I never thought the phrase “Y chromosone detected” could bring me tears to my eyes, but after my father passed way this year and we decided that if we were having a boy to name him after him (and, incidentally, myself) it just seems like a nice continuation of things to eventually have another little Frankie running around.

So next May Buttercup will be getting a little baby brother, and the Fleming family continues to expand… until it eventually overtakes the world!

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (23 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

37 Responses to “Things Continue On”

1. Joel says:

Congratulations, Papa!

2. Opus says:

Congrats man! Although I do fear what a future Frank J. Jr. Warlord will be like in the post-apocolyptic wasteland that was once America.

3. TheHat says:

Excellent. Good job.

4. tomg51 says:

A trebuchet is always a good father/son project.

5. nightfly says:

Your little Luke and Leia will restore freedom to the galaxy… or at least nuke the moon, which has had it coming for some time now. Congrats!

6. CarolyntheMommy says:

Well done! Congratulations to SarahK and Buttercup as well!

Congratulations! I’m sure you’re already anticipating the first day when you can take your son hippie punching. That will be a proud day.

8. cptnmoroni says:

Be careful. 2 kids are 4 times the trouble as 1. 3 kids is where the diaper hits the fan because they’re 8 times as much trouble. If one of the babies is a boy, then you must double everything so now, you’re in 8 times as much trouble and a 3rd child will be 16 times as much work. It’s pretty scary when you think about it. I have a friend with 7 boys and a girl so he and his wife are basically feeding and housing a pack of wolves.

But a Buttercup-sized person with a little brother is pretty cute. Especially when they try to get the baby to eat. You will need to purchase a tarp and a trough.

9. Silverfiddle says:

Awesome! My wife and I produced one of each, and then we made a spare…

10. Tommy the Towelhead says:

Congratulations! We need more conservatives to reproduce and make little NORMAL people again!

11. Trestor says:

The second child does up the degree of difficulty in parenting… but I wouldn’t trade it for anything. Congrats on having a name sake, I’m actually the third and was somehow able to talk my wife into naming our son the fourth.

12. Eric Praline says:

Mazel Tov! I hope the Flemings will be relatively benevolent when they enslave humanity.

@12 – I’m not worried about Frank taking over the world. When I joined IMAO, Frank promised to kill me last.

… I hope he’s never seen “Commando”.

14. Brutus says:

Congratulations. The State has programs to help parents, voluntarily or involuntarily. You will qualify for increased EBT benefits. 10% discount for the second child in daycare. Parent Aides. Parent Peers. Therapy. Mentors. And guess what? IT’S ALL FREE!!!!!! Sort of…

15. Marc says:

Congratulations!

16. Steel Turman says:

Happy happy joy joy!

Matters not girl or boy

Either one is pure beauty to enjoy.

Congrats, dude.

17. Bubba says:

Congrats to you and the lovely SarahK. Can we call Buttercups new bro Butterball? (I can’t believe this comment string went 16 deep before this made it in).

A tie score is great (I have 2 of each), but the more Butterball (see, it just rolls off the keyboard) is like you, the more cherished Buttercup will become to you. She will soon realize this, and own daddy for the rest of your days.

Good luck to you both.

18. Hankeing for History says:

Awww! Congrats!

19. plentyobailouts says:

Wow you must give good bribe that she let you touch her a second time!

Congrats!

20. slapout says:

I’ve never heard a baby announcement start off with “I never thought the phrase…” :-)

Congratulations!

21. Fly says:

hip hip hooray! good job, Flemings. :)

gonna have to change your jr. to a sr., Frank.

@21 – actually, I think that makes Frank J into Frank J II and baby would be Frank J III.

Or FJ3, for short.

23. Bob says:

Very happy for you! I have a 6yo girl, 2.5yo boy, and 7mo. old girl. Man is the boy ever a !@#$load more work than either of the two girls. I love my son, but soon you too will be able to say that buttercup suckered you in to having another one!

24. EdthePastor says:

Be fruitful and multiply!

25. Elvenbane says:

Congratulations! Every family is different as you’ve noticed. My 1 daughter is a lot more work than her 3 brothers combined! well… Ok, her youngest brother might give her a run for her money… :)

My brother is the 5th and his son is the 6th. The 3rd didn’t quite make it long enough to see the 6th.

26. CTCompromise says:

…And all Sarah K. got was a lousy T-shirt :-}

27. CTCompromise says:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My Mom always said she wished she could have had her 2nd, first…probably cause the “nerves” are gone with the 2nd. (She ended up having 6 of us – Being of good Irish stock, as she was !)

Talk about…. “When one door closes, another opens”!
    My Mom died this year just before we found out she will become a great-grandmother next March, because her oldest grandchild is awaiting the birth of his son…When I heard the news about the baby, the chorus of the song from Blood Sweat & Tears “And When I Die” kept popping into my mind.

Your Dad whispered in God’s ear and sent you a gift!!

28. DavidJ says:

Congratulations!

29. Granny Boo says:

Congratulations to the whole family! (Why do I get flashes of Wednesday and Pugsley….?)

30. Doug says:

Nice!
    The second one gives the first one someone to play with.

31. Mr. Right says:

Congratulations, Frank, Sarah & Buttercup!

32. Mike the Canuck says:

Sounds like the beginning of a political dynasty, be careful of having a second son, as that creates a power struggle and political power struggles between brothers never end well for the father.

Anywho congratulations!

33. Supertink says:

Congratulations!

34. Ogrrre says:

Way to go, Frank! Although, SarahK is probably thinking, “yeah, I do all the work, and he grabs the glory!”

Bacon for SarahK!

36. Greg Zywicki says:

1.just remember that according too naming rules, only monarchy extends numbering beyond the living. Don’t let people confuse you for a monarchist
    2.will the next boy be Ian?

37. Tony says:

Great job. I’ll warn you, parenting a boy is completely different than parenting a girl. Do your best to forget everything you learned about how kids act, because boy are idiots if your oldest is a girl. (Likewise, if your first is a boy, girls are drama queens, you aren’t prepared for.)

At any rate, in about 6 years or so, I hope to see you have him in a Cub Scout Tiger Cub uniform. :)