Who Are We Currently Supporting for 2016

Posted on November 26, 2012 3:00 pm

John Hawkins has a poll of right-leaning bloggers on who they favor (and hate) for 2016. The favorite by far looks to be Marco Rubio, though he’s not my favorite because of my prejudice that all United States Senators are completely useless buffoons. I like Jindal right now. Jindal is both conservative and competent. And he’s not a white male as those are unpopular now.

Chris Christie is least liked for 2016 according to the poll, followed closely by Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush is my least liked; I just find him annoying these days.

I wasn’t a choice on this poll, though. I have to figure out how to make a big press announcement of my presidential run so people know to include me on polls. And then we can game those polls like a bunch of rabid Ron Paul supporters. Who is with me?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (8 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

26 Responses to “Who Are We Currently Supporting for 2016”

1. Nate says:

Oh, I so want in on this Ronulan-style Internet poll gaming! Let us know the first time you get on one of those Frank!

P.S. Do I get to wear a tin-foil hat when you get on the ballot?

Jeb Bush is a useless RINO with the most hated last name in political history among the beloved “undecideds/moderates.” Why five supposedly “conservative” bloggers would possibly suggest him as a candidate is beyond any logical reasoning.

3. hwuu says:

Sorry Frank, I’m a Rand Paul man. He will have his dad’s machine without the crazy sauce.

4. Mxymaster says:

Oh, why bother? So we can take another shot at convincing hundreds of millions of drooling morons that they need to support the party that is in favor of national strength, economic prosperity, a wee bit of Constitutional decorum, and a modicum of law and order? So then the other side can yell THESE PEOPLE HATE [your group here] AND WANT YOU TO NEVER HAVE HEALTHCARE OR SEX AGAIN and we lose?

Blarg.

5. Bootstrap says:

I would like to see a ticket of Reardon/Taggart in 2016. Or, a revolution before then. Mostly, revolution. Going Galt now.

6. RajunCajun says:

Ugh, Jindal. He’s a fraud, as we are finding out here in Louisiana. Sure, he’s a really super smart person and the fact that he is brown will help with all the old-white-man haters out there but he’s not someone I’d vote for after watching him in action here. LOTS of talk, very little action and a level of arrogance that makes BHO look like a 12th century penitent during lent.

7. Dirk The Imapiler says:

Hey, it’s got to be Donald Trump. He is the only person who could run as a Republican that could afford to give away lots of cool “free stuff” to the idiot brain dead voters out there to buy (oops, I mean “earn”) their votes…

8. KG1982 says:

Jindal is sort of a sleaze apparently. He was sucking up to Romney to get a job right before the election and then totally threw Romney under the bus. Rubio is useless, bit he’s basically our version of useless. Someone will just tell him what he is in favor of and he’ll just regurgitate it back in two languages.

No one has answered Frank’s question.

Jimmy,

As for Frank’s question:

If he issues a press release, no one will report it because he’s not a liberal. What Frank J really needs to do is get himself on a reality TV program, then get pregnant. That will get him plenty of mainstream media attention. The only other option is his own “secretly recorded” sex tape…but, I’m not sure the world is ready for that.

11. Iowa Jim says:

prejudice that all United States Senators are completely useless buffoons

That’s not a prejudice; it’s a considered judgment, based on solid evidence.

To do all that, Son of Bob, Frank would have to become a media whöre.

Wait. That’s what politicians are!

13. CarolyntheMommy says:

I’ll vote for Jimmy in 2016.

If the Republicans put up Christie on the ticket I’m writing in the name “Elephants R. Stoopid” out of sheer frustration. I was a Christie fan right up until that stupid storm. Jerk face.

14. CarolyntheMommy says:

Nice of the Republicans to figure out that Rubio is the smart choice now, AFTER the election.

Let’s all NOT put up the Hispanic senator from FLORIDA on the ticket and then talk about how we need to reach out to Hispanics. Hmmmmmm how could we possibly do that? How? HOW?!

15. Keln says:

I’m pretty much at a point where I want a president to have been either a governor or a CEO of a major, successful corporation. Those are really the only jobs that prepare a person for being at least a competent president. Maybe a General or Admiral, depending on what they did (as becoming a top officer does not necessarily depend on objective success) would have the tools to be a president, but history hasn’t quite proved that either way.

So Jindal was on the top of my list for a while now. I was also thinking about Nikki Haley, but I know less about her job as governor than I do about Jindal. And she would be relentlessly attacked for being a woman, since the Democrats have this war on women thing.

Really, I’m not excited for 2016 other than Obama going away.

And please, no more candidates with the last name “Paul”. The crazies will line up behind Rand Paul, guaranteed.

16. CarolyntheMommy says:

You do realize that if Hillary (is it Hillary or Hilary? – eh, I don’t care)….. anyway if Hillary decides to run she’ll win handily, right? If she runs the ONLY way to stop her will be a woman on the Republican ticket, probably at the top of the ticket – OR Rubio (provided he doesn’t go all Chris Christie stupid on us) at the top and a woman in the VP slot who isn’t Sarah Palin. Start looking at Condy Rice (regardless of if she wants the job or not), Susana Martiznez, and maybe Nikki Haley but I don’t think so.

Or you could me up there on the ticket. I’ll be old enough by then, and while I have a whole cemetery of skeletons I also have no shame, so I can’t be blackmailed. We could call it “Rubio the Mommy” and we’ll probably get a couple million votes from nanny staters who don’t pay attention but think that slogan sounds comforting.

17. CarolyntheMommy says:

Oh and genius who wrote this up, AL is Alabama and AK is Alaska.

18. CarolyntheMommy says:

Both Palin and Huckabee outranked Condi Rice in the poll. If this is a microcosm of the thinking of the Republican party then it’s a perfect example of why I’m not party affiliated.

19. Fly says:

Mia Love gave me goosebumps when she spontaneously quoted Bastiat. I think the crazies will split over Rand Paul due to his ideological flexibility compared to Ron. It’s funny that Rand is in both the top 3 most AND least preferred candidate.

I love this part:

So, going by those results, Chris Christie and Jeb Bush would have to be considered the early favorites for 2016 based on the fact that conservative bloggers don’t want either of them as a nominee.

To the Jindal supporters here, what do you make of Jindal ripping on Romney for saying that Obama gave various demographics “gifts” to vote for him?

20. TiminAL says:

FrNak J – 2016 – 111!!!111 ELEVENTY!!!!!

21. CTCompromise says:

Why Worry ? After 4 more years of Barak Hussein Obama, this country will probably no longer have free and open elections. By year 3 he will appoint himself President For Life because the country is in such termoil that campaigns and elections would be a distraction which the country cannot afford. The media, the Supreme Court (with the 3 or 4 new justices HE gets to award the robes to), the Teamsters, the hippies, and every other “what’s-in-it-for-me?” person living in this country will support it because it means there’s one less thing they have to pay attention to or think about….as long as they still get “taken care of”, what difference does it make who signs the checks?

22. CTCompromise says:

Frank: You need to launch your campaign on “The Colbert Report” and get all his Super PAC $$$$$$ behind you !!!

23. Other Ragin Cajun says:

I’m going to agree with RaginCajun first above about Bobby Jindal. I campaigned for him in ’07. Guess what? Not as advertised, and flat out chicken sh*t when asked questions by the media. He hides under his desk while one of his staffers addresses a local newspaper or other state/local outlet.

The recent accusations by the Romney people are very interesting, considering Jindal has told everyone here in Louisiana, even as recently as about 2 months ago, that he has the only job he wants right now.

Let’s crash this train already.

Mr. Thompson for Head of the State:

If you want to crash the train, Harvey, Frank for Pres., you for V.P, me for Attorney General (I’ll hang ‘em – literally) and Carolyn for DHS. Between me and Carolyn, Obama’s cronies will look like a pile of dead sugar ants in my sink.

Oh, crap. They’re back…

26. Basil says:

When the list was 22, Christie got 2 votes. But when the list narrowed to 10, Christie only got 1 vote. Something shiny must have distracted one of the Christie supporters.