Odd How You Never See THIS on an Atheist’s Web Page

Posted on December 16, 2012 8:00 pm

[High Praise! to I'm a Man! I'm 41!]

Full disclosure: I’m an atheist, but I’m not an evangelical atheist, so I don’t go around trying to convert ANY believers.

Although for believers in Islam who kill in the name of their religion, I *do* support converting them to a fine red mist.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (13 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

16 Responses to “Odd How You Never See THIS on an Atheist’s Web Page”

1. Rayfan87 says:

That’s because Islamic whackjobs would attack them for it. For the most part Christians have more of a live at let live attitude, granted they may try to convert you, but not by violence.

2. alexchris says:

There is no God named Allah!!! Only the Great I Am!! Yahweh!! and we only try to convert by love, not violence. Great post Harvey!! Love it!!!

3. Bad Satire is Bad says:

HTH.

4. jcgadfly says:

Rayfan87,

Christians have a “live and let live” attitude?

Three words “War on Christmas” (hint: not started by atheists)

And Christians don’t try to convert by violence? Really? So threats of hell aren’t happening? Or extortion (if you homeless people don’t listen to our sermon then we won’t feed you) – that’s not happening either?

5. Rayfan87 says:

Wait so standing up for your freedom is bad now?

And talking about heaven and hell is the same as a terrorist attack?

6. Professor Hale says:

Uh Oh. Now you’ve done it. But don’t expect to get any credit for it. The national media spotlight only shines on Whacky fringe Christian groups like Westboro Baptist for being anti-Islam.

7. PhillyChief says:

If atheists made a sign for every religion they don’t accept then they’d quickly run out of room for anything else. ;)

Be that as it may, “Atheists Against Allah” makes no sense since Allah isn’t real. Atheists aren’t “against” gods, just the belief in such things and the ramifications of that belief like killing your children out of some notion of honor or because prayer is better than medicine and doctors.

8. og says:

Mmmmm. Red mist. mmmmmm. /homer

9. Peregrine John says:

Oh, wackafly. So many logical fallacies, so little time. But this is trollfeed enough for the rest of my year, so I leave it at that.

10. Bunkerhillbilly says:

Right. The little sod, Fruitfly, is trying to tee up Christianity?

Let him explain the concept of The Uncaused First Cause without recourse to one iota of snark.

Oh… So threats of hell aren’t happening?

Look at what happened in Newtown or out in Oregon last week. That was evil trotting about on its cloven hooves, Sparky. Do not try to say otherwise.

Hell is quite real. Quite bad. (And not in a Judas Priest, Death Metal kind of way.) What might be percieved as a threat may also be seen as a heads up.

Do the bad thing and reap the consequences.

Ite, Missa Est

11. teh dude says:

Judas Priest is death metal?!? Wow, all these years I thought it was just the ghey.

12. Bunkerhillbilly says:

Yes, they are that, indeed…in addition to being bad in an awful, unpalatable way which may give the listener the impression of being subjected to Hellacious tortures this side of unanesthitized dental work.

The Chesterfield Kings or The Lyres they aren’t.

13. IAgreeWithYou says:

“red mist” LOL!

14. CCO says:

“Allah” is the Arabic word for God. Since the Koran is only “official” in Arabic, the word is associated with Islam. They had to pass a law in Indonesia a few years ago to allow Christians to use the word Allah to refer to God.

And Frank J., have you ever read “Mere Christianity” by C. S. Lewis? It might change your mind.

@14 – If you’re trying to convert the atheist, that would be me, not Frank J.

For the record, I don’t mind when Christians try to persuade me to convert. According to the Bible, they’d be pretty lousy Christians if they didn’t.

Resenting that would be like getting mad at a bird for flying.

16. Bunkerhillbilly says:

If you’re trying to convert the atheist, that would be me, not Frank J

OK then…C.S. Lewis is fine, but G.K. Chesterton or Malcolm Muggeridge are better starting off points…Chesterton’s Orthodoxy or Heretics are fine reads.

If you’re a head-first diver, Harvey, then, by all means, tackle Aquinas’ Summa Contra Gentiles and Summa Theologica.