There’s been a lot of talk about Obama going around the debt ceiling by printing a trillion dollar coin as apparently the president has the authority to make coins. I can just imagine them then giving that coin to Biden for safekeeping leading to the most hilarious episode yet of the Obama administration.
Anyway, I think this trillion dollar coin is a great idea as the Obama administration really needs more wacky schemes. I mean, the government has always had wacky scheme in the past — like Social Security — and maybe it’s a time to once against embrace that tradition. So here’s a few other ideas for the Obama adminstration to try out as long as they’re up for it:
OTHER WACKY SCHEMES FOR HANDLING DEBT
* Obama and Michelle go around the world visiting all the world’s nations — though their visits will just be a big distraction as Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi do daring capers to rob the gold vault of each country.
* Obama will challenge all other countries to a race around the world. If he loses, the debt is doubled, but if he wins, all debt is forgiven!
* Fundraiser to help ensure Sandra Fluke doesn’t accidentally reproduce. Extra funds raised beyond the ten bucks for birth control pills can go to paying down debt.
* Pretend Canada invaded us and surrender to them. Now that we’re part of Canada, American debt no longer applies.
* Burn down California for the insurance money.
* Pretend America died and thus can’t be expected to pay its debt anymore. Have entire population done up in zombie makeup if any country comes here to check on that story.
* All states secede except for Rhode Island. So now Rhode Island is the one that has all the debt. Sorry, dude.
* When questioned about the deficit, just point to the record-breaking number of women in the Senate and say, “We had them do the budget math — and you know women and math.”
* New job for President and all of Congress: Sit in dunking booth all the day at $20 a ball. Should raise trillions.
* Surrender in the war on terror to the terrorists. Ha, suckers, now you have the 16 trillion in debt!