7 Rounds

Posted on January 15, 2013 11:00 am

So New York State is getting close to passing a new gun control law in which they are going to limit magazines to seven rounds. They already had laws limiting magazines to ten rounds, but apparently some super genius there was like, “I know the problem with gun violence: three too many rounds!”

This is just profoundly stupid. I mean, really, what’s three less rounds a magazine supposed to accomplish? And since it should be trivially easy to get higher capacity magazines from out of state and I doubt anyone ready to murder people with a gun is going to worry about having an illegal magazine, this is a law that will exclusively affect law abiding gun owners, perhaps making criminals out of many people who were never going to harm anyone. And if for some magic reason it did get criminals to have magazines with only seven rounds in it — this helps me how? The mugger can only shoot me seven times?

Anyone who votes for this law should be immediately be committed as they obviously do not have the mental capacity of an adult. In fact, were I president, I would send in the National Guard to apprehend all of New York’s legislature and its governor and send them to a mental health facility for their own protection. And then I’d tell New York to try governing itself for a year before electing any more officials to help them get perspective. We have to crack down on stupid people wielding power if we want this nation to survive. And we won’t have have justice until most of the politicians out there trying to wield power they shouldn’t have are locked up and given constant psych evaluations.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 4.83 out of 5)

17 Responses to “7 Rounds”

1. Weisshaupt says:

Frank J for President!

2. John D says:

What Weisshaupt said.

With this new law in effect, I won’t eve be able to shoot my Ruger .22, which has 10 rounders. I guess this’ll be my last year of indoor pistol league. Until I leave this putrid state.

All your guns are belong to us me !!!11!!11!

4. Peeps says:

I would be happy with Frank J. for Governor of New York.

5. Ernie Loco says:

…I would send in the National Guard to apprehend all of New York’s legislature and its governor and send them to a mental health facility for their own protection.

I take issue with sending them all for psych evals “for their own protection”. I don’t give a crap about those dickweeds; it’s the rest of us that need protecting from them.

Anyone who votes for a gun ban should be stripped of their citizenship and given a one-way trip to Europe. They’ll fit right in over there, and we won’t have to deal with their idocy over here.

6. Carpenter says:

America is doomed to go down the Bolshevik road. That much is clear. It will fall state by state and we will be forced to live in a Neo-Bolshevik Democratic Police State unless we formally withdraw from the United States of Obama. There is no other answer. We must secede or we will die.

7. JAGernaut says:

“And liberals blessed the seventh shot and called it holy, because on it they rested from all the work of legislating that they had done to protect the ignorant citizenry from itself.”

“Seven shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be seven. Eight shalt thou not count, neither count thou six, excepting that thou then proceed to seven. Nine is right out.”

Well, at least now we will be safe from being “decuple-tapped.”

8. FredKey says:

Maybe Frank J.–Supreme Court Justice. Just start overruling all these garbage laws from the last four years.

Do you all realize they shear number of MORONS Frank would have to put up with if he were elected President?

More than the readership of IMAO!

Wait. That didn’t come out right…

I’ve never met Frank, but I probably would vote for him.

10. Rockin' John says:

@2. John D – If I read it right (S.2230 is 20 pages of legalese), rimfire ammo isn’t subject to the restriction (at least for capacity), just center-fire ammo.
    All of the Upstate NY State Senators voted against it, except for Ted O’Brien, a brand new Democrat.
    The biggest problem in NY is that the smart citizens (the ones who don’t live in or near NYC, but can’t really leave New York) are at the mercy of the twits in and around NYC. If we could just get NYC to secede from New York State, this would be nearly the perfect place to live, if you don’t mind snow.

11. John D says:

@ Rockin’ John – That’s good news. So I’ll have one gun I can still legally use. Any idea what the law says about rifles with a fixed magazine, like an M-1 or an SKS?

12. Marc says:

Standard 1911 magazines hold 8 rounds so if the law passes and you have a 1911 you have to buy new custom magazines, which I am sure won’t be cheap, to have that one less round? Next they will pass a law banning revolvers that are capable of holding six rounds. Not only would you have to buy a new cylinder you would have to have the mechanics reworked so it indexes properly. It isn’t about making things safe, it is about making things expensive for gun owners. The whole “punish our enemies” thing Obama was talking about.

13. Writer says:

The Spirit of the Obamanation strikes again.

14. Rockin' John says:

@John D- I believe if you have a gun that holds 8-10 rounds, you can keep it, but you have to register it and can’t transfer it.

15. macko says:

Actually the standard mag for a 1911 is seven rounds. So maybe the bloom is promoting 1911s. Then again maybe not.
    I have 10 rd mags for my 1911. With one in the chamber I have a 1911-11

16. Manolo says:

Actually, the way it’s done is that a shorter spring and a larger end stop will be affixed to the butt plate of the magazines sold in that state. It’ll just fill the space. I’ll tell you this: a gun maker’s not going to make only thin-grip guns because then the tooling wouldn’t be cost efficient. The reason cops get guns that can hold 13 to 15 bullets is because the cops want them. Police departments don’t buy enough guns to make it worthwhile for armories to make special guns just for cops. If they did, the cost per gun would go through the roof. Guess what an industrious person would sell seperately from magazines in that state? You got it. Regular-size springs and replacement butt plates!

17. New York Uncontrolled « The Buffalo Bean links:

[…] egregious is banning magazines that hold more than seven rounds as if the holder was killing people. The restriction is a pain in the ass at the range and a pain […]