Almost made it the entire season without this

Posted on January 7, 2013 9:00 am

I’ve managed to go this entire college football season without posting about football.

Until now.

Tonight’s the championship game, and it’s Alabama vs Notre Dame. And Alabama will win.

I could go on and on about how great the SEC is, and how much I despise media-darling Notre Dame. But I won’t. You feel free, though.

I know, in the great scheme of things, it doesn’t matter. It’s just a football game. Big fellows running around on grass playing a game. But, things that do matter aren’t going so well right now, so college football it is.

Who do YOU think will win?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

Tags: ,

29 Responses to “Almost made it the entire season without this”

1. alexchris says:

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

2. FredKey says:

ND. They’re obviously not concerned with Catholicism anymore, so they have a lot of time on their hands for football.

The Seahawks.

4. Vairish84 says:

My handle says it all. Go Irish!

5. Keln says:

I don’t have a dog in this hunt really, because I hate the Irish and I hate the SEC (except Tennessee). But over the past few years SEC fans have become more unbearable than Notre Dame fans. So I’d prefer the Irish won just this once. Just for the SEC fans.

The thing about ND though, they play top teams in multiple conferences every season, so if they are good enough to go undefeated doing that, there probably aren’t any teams likely to beat them. I think the “Tide” might just get rolled.

Of course, if Alabama wins, then the only undefeated team will be my Buckeyes. So, it’s almost a win-win for me.

6. HokieGomer says:

My wish for the game, a victory to Alabama by a score of 6-1….

7. Brutus says:

Does anyone but me find any kind of irony that a University can’t tell that they are a French School with an Irish mascot? Oil and water. Of course, the “Fighting Frenchmen” would be about as scary as the “Flying Surrender Monkeys.” But surrender is what they will do after Bama stomps the Irish out of them.

8. Basil says:

Flying Surrender Monkeys? Weren’t they in the French version of The Wizard of Oz?

9. Matt Musson says:

I predict the Irish will surprise Alabama!

(They will start new transfer student Johnny Manziel at QB.)

10. GrandLarsenE says:

I’m a Gator, ergo an SEC fan. But I am getting tired of Bama. (and [O]Bama, but I digress) On the other hand, Notre Dame can suck it. Have to go with the Tide, just to keep the SEC streak going for the Gators to continue it next year. OK, maybe I’m dreaming. They sure fell on their faces this year. Painful. Roll Tide, he said while punching himself in the face.

11. Dirk The Imapiler says:

I am all for a 0 – 0 tie, where they both have to live with the shame for the rest of their lives. But I still think Alabama is going to win since Notre Dame is no Texas A&M…

12. CarolyntheMommy says:

I think USC has this one in the bag.

13. Brutus says:

Funny. The Flying Monkey’s did scare me in the WizofO. The trouble with facing my heritage, I guess. Frickin’ ancesters. To hell with it. Aujord’hui, je suis un Americain!!!! Ptooey on the Irish!!!! Ptooey on Les Sanges Francais du Surrendre!!!! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!

The Fighting Irish of Frogland… Brent Musburger just loves them.

Go Alabama! (I like that state, btw.)

15. Ernie Loco says:

I hate Notre Dame and the entire SEC, so I’m rooting for lots of fumbles, confusion, and offensive inneptitude on both sides. I’m hoping for a terrible, boring game with no offensive scoring where both Notre Dame’s staring QB and the backup get their legs broken, and Nick Saban gets a concusion on the sidelines.

And in the end, I hope Notre Dame loses, because, F them, that’s why.

16. Bunkerhillbilly says:

[tosses the room an armada of crying towels]

Such emotion, so lachrymose…you’d think the menses were in full flow. [Need feminine hygene products be dispensed as well?]

Many have been the years that we Domers have swallowed the gloatings of others…now, with a whizbang season behind them, there’s not one word of even-begrudging acknowledgement of hard effort having been made. Hmmmm? Nobody?? Fine. The high road not being taken….

Excuse me while I… G L O A T BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (So as ye soweth, so in kind, ye reapeth!) (My turn to act the offensive, high-handed smugmeister)

NOTRE DAME IS KING OF THE HILL (this season) NOTRE DAME KICKED ARSE!!!!!!! BOW DOWN TO THE LEPRECHAUN!!!!!!!!!!

IRISH!!!!!!!!! IRISH!!!!!!!!!! IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY!

Deal with it.

Cumhacht Eireanach!

17. Grand Larsen E. says:

Bunker-Doth not gloateth so loudlieth. Might come back to biteth thee in the asseth.
    Ernie-SEC rules of late, so I can understand the hate. But, right on, f- Dame. EFFEM!!!

18. Iowa Jim says:

I attended a high school that was founded to funnel students to Notre Dame, and I was fed to the teeth with how wonderful Notre Dame and its football teams were. As a result, I despise Notre Dame. I also despise the SEC and its arrogant fans, but I despise Notre Dame even more, so I’m going with DePaul, where I earned my undergraduate degree, and which hasn’t lost a football game since 1938 (when it dropped football).

19. Grand Larsen E. says:

Yeah, DePaul! And DeGeorge and DeRingo. But sh!t on DeJohn.

20. Bunkerhillbilly says:

@Grand Larsen:

So as it has been gloated unto yon Domers, so wouldst a like volume and vigor meet in kind.

If it troubles you so much, go find a ‘Bama cheerleader and ask if she can spare a Kotex.

Should The IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy! happen to lose, that still does not lessen the team’s efforts prior to the Championship game.

Not a damned thing anyone can whine about that takes the gold off of their helmets.

So put that in your “effem” hookah and huff it!

IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy!

[dances a most derisive "nyah-nyah-nyah" IRISH jig around the room with The Dropkick Murphys and The Pogues playing in the background]

21. Grand Larsen E. says:

Bunker: Point taken. They were (surprisingly) good this year.

Bunker there is IRISH!!! IRISH!!! IRISH!!! you are! !!!111!!!Eleventy!

(But I don’t think they actually have any Irishmen on their team… which makes them frogs… :-D)

23. TiminAL says:

Ahem. Roll Tide! That is all.

24. Grand Larsen E. says:

It’s halftime and, well, ND has their work cut out for them. Reminds me of six years ago when an unbeaten Ohio State team ran into a real defense. They looked pretty good all year, and then they met the SEC. Got their ass handed to them with extreme prejudice.

25. Grand Larsen E. says:

Where you at, hillbilly boy? No comment? Heh.

26. Bunkerhillbilly says:

@Grand Larsen:

Oh, I’m right here, Sparky.

Unbowed. Unbroken.

Yes, withour question my Irish!!!!!!!!!!! played like a second-string, Special-Ed cadet squad. Shameful.

I do, respectfully, doff my N-D cap to Alabama…who had Notre Dame’s number from the jump.

(And only Alabama gets a well-deserved hat-tip.)

As I said previously, my IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ELEVENTY! remain 12-0, regular season.

No whatiffery or second-guessing coming from me as to why what transpired, transpired.

The wheels came off of the blue-and-gold bus. That simple.

You marrow-deep Irish-haters are still commended to pogh mo thoin!

Oh, Larsen, one more thing, do, in future,try reading for better comprehension…my handle has nothing,/i> to do with Jed Clampett and everything to do with Tha Pats. Tha Sox, Dickie Barrett, Joe Perry…and most of all, having to do with being patient enough to only place one’s round when the clear sclera of one’s enemy is visible (thus making for nifty powder stippling on the remnants of the forehead).

I do so enjoy cleaning my teeth with such empty snarks.

Oh well ND fans…there’s always basketball season.

28. Grand Larsen E. says:

Bunker- Duly noted. I was just paraphrasing Marcelus Wallace in Pulp Fiction. No disrespect intended. However, GO YANKEES!

29. Brutus says:

Bama Football could beat the Yankees.