Random Thoughts: Separation of Church and State

Posted on February 27, 2013 9:48 am

Before commenting, ask yourself, “Am I just stating out loud what the joke heavily implies thus ruining the internet for everyone?”

“Why am I talking about business? I’ve never run one. Why don’t you explain to me how the economy works.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

“Come to think of it, there is no plausible scenario in which raising taxes creates jobs.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

If we want to preserve marriage as a religious institution, we need to divorce it from the state which will never stopping messing with it.

Separation of church and state is more important as a protection of the church than of the state.

What is it we want from the state with marriage? A blessing or a suite of legal contracts?

Just take the word marriage out of it. Make a suite of legal contacts available to consenting adults to sign in front of a lawyer.

Or group of adults to sign together. Let’s just head off that controversy now.

There’s no such thing as too dumb to be the Secretary of Defense.

The most popular bigotry these days is dismissing anyone who disagrees with you on a political issue as a bigot.

I forgot to ask: Did Seth McFarlane do funny voices during the Oscars? And what’s an “Argo”?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (8 votes, average: 4.88 out of 5)

19 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Separation of Church and State”

1. Iowa Jim says:

And what’s an “Argo”?

At one point, Argo was an unincorporated town near what is now Chicago’s Midway Airport. Ted Kluszewski, first baseman for the Reds,
    White Sox, and Angels in the 1950s and 1960s was born there. Argo is now part of Summit, which is where Ernest Hemingway’s story
    “The Killers” takes place.

2. Matt Musson says:

Separation of Church and State IS more important for the Church.

Every state run Church is declining! Look at all the empty churches in Europe. Look
    at the collapse in attendance by Moslems throughout the Middle East!

Whenever the State runs the Church – they eventually convert it into a propaganda arm
    that preaches about the moral superiority of the government.

Read Chuck Colson’s ‘RENDER UNTO CEASER’ and see how the Nazis took over control of the
    Lutheran Church of Germany and perverted it.

No it isn’t. Bigot.

“I’ve given up dog for Lent.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

What do I want from the “state?”

To get the hell out of my life.

6. Carpenter says:

What’s and ARGO?
    Well if George Clooney is involved it is political propaganda designed to make a radical leftist look normal, not at fault or like one of the good guys. I’m sure the Dr. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of Clooney.

There is no Separation of Church and State in the Bible!

@6:

Mark 12:17

“And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s. And they marvelled at him.”

8. Rusty says:

Argo – amphibious vehicle.

I got your Argo right here.

10. Marc says:

“Maybe more guns IS the answer.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

“No, that white guy is right and the black guy is wrong.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

“I’m sorry.” #ThingsYouWillNeverHearObamaSay

13. Bill54 says:

5. Jimmy: THIS!
    “What do I want from the “state?”

To get the hell out of my life.” Mucho bacon, Senor!

14. dch says:

Belgium does follow Frank’s advice:

It is one of the few things a European country does well. The state only recognized the contract between two consenting adults signed at city hall. The church only recognizes the cerimony held in the church. You can get married in one but not the other, i.e. you want to be married before God, but don’t want to pay extra taxes because of it; or you are a dirty hippy and only care what The State thinks.

15. silaS marreD says:

I don’t understand this. Wouldn’t doing that just ruin the one joke and not the “entire internet for everyone”?

Obviously, I didn’t ruin Bill54’s Internet!

And now for my bacon.

But I’m only sharing with Bill.

17. Mythilt says:

You need to modify that hashtag from #ThingsObamaWillNeverSay to #TruthsObamaWillNeverSay (Or #TruthsObamaWillNeverAdmit)
    Because most liberals will claim he will never say them, because in the imaginary world they live in, they aren’t true, and the won would never lie.

So, IMAO was nominated for “Best Humor Blog” – Bacon to Frank, Harvey, and their alter-egos.

19. CTCompromise says: