Obama is shutting down his jobs council. Mission accomplished, baby. He started his term with a an awesome 7.8% unemployment rate, and after a lot of hard work, trillions in stimulus, and convincing lots of people to give up ever looking for employment, he’s gotten the rate back to 7.8% (well, 7.9% now, but really close). So what’s left for him to do? Go play some golf, I guess. Or skeet shoot; Obama loves him some skeet shooting with the bang bang sticks.
I wonder what were some of the suggestions that came out of that jobs council?
SUGGESTIONS FROM OBAMA’S JOBS COUNCIL
* “Higher taxes are sure to motivate businesses.”
* “Try being more patronizing to business owners; remember you’ve written multiple memoirs so you know way more about everything.”
* “Number one complaint of businesses: Health care and gasoline is too cheap.”
* “We need someone to fetch us coffee. That would be a job.”
* “Jobs are boring and stupid! Can’t everyone not work and just live on foodstamps?”
* “Businesses are just so concerned about ‘profit.’ I don’t even know why we want to help such awful things.
* “I thought the name of the council meant we’d be working for Steve Jobs. What?! He’s dead!”