So this push to somehow defund Obamacare is still going on. They got like a bill to defund it… and the Republicans are going to filibuster their own bill for some reason. Yeah, it’s getting kind of weird. Well, a lot of people are saying we have to make the stand now or we’ll never stop Obamacare, and others are saying it’s a stupid scheme that will never work and could cost Republicans politically if the government gets shutdown and people get angry.
So, I think we need to weigh the pros and cons of this scheme. I was going to put pros on one side and cons on the other and then realized the html is kinda complicated for that — I’ll have to do a table or something and I just don’t feel like doing that. So, I’ll do a list of pros followed by a list of cons that we can weigh against each other.
DEFUNDING OBAMACARE SCHEME PROS
* Obama doesn’t like it.
* It’s standing up for the Constitution and for the American people against an oppressive administration.
* It’s takes a stand Republicans should take against the horrible bill, Obamacare.
* If we don’t stop Obamacare now, it will become the law of the land and be nearly impossible to repeal as most entitlements are.
* This could lead to a government shutdown, which is good because the government is stupid and we don’t need it.
* And everyone will probably blame the shutdown on Obama and be like, “Obama, why did you let the government shutdown over your stupid bill which we hate?”
* When successful, the defunding could basically destroy the Obama presidency, perhaps crushing Obama so much he’ll just mope around the White House in a bathrobe all day until the end of his dumb presidency.
* Biden won’t even be able to cheer him up with his juggling, clown antics, and falling down stairs.
* It will also crush the hopes and dreams of Obama’s dumb followers, leading to the collapse of the Democrat party.
* Starting with this success to roll back government would lead to future successes and eventually a small government with a balanced budget.
* We’d have such a prosperous future that will soon get our libertarian colony on the moon in which Obama and his administration will be forced to work there on a chain gang.
* American would finally be free of expensive, poorly thought out entitlements. Everyone we disagree with politically will most like starve to death without them.
* Future generations will look upon those who took this stand as heroes and make statues of us and sing songs of us — and hopefully not in whatever horrible pop-style is popular then.
* I’ll have a building named after me. A building on Mars. One that shoots a giant laser at our enemies. The Frank.
* And finally, the scheme to defund Obamacare inspired me to write a list and I like writing lists.
DEFUNDING OBAMACARE SCHEME CONS
* This probably won’t work and we’ll look stupid.
* The media will make fun of us for pursuing this dumb plan that was never going to work in the first place.
* It could cause Obamacare to cry, and when the American public see his puppy dogs eyes filled with tears, they’ll all be on his side.
* If we keep pushing this, the government could get shut down and then we’ll get blamed for it.
* Everyone will be like, “Why did you shut the government down over this defund Obamacare scheme that was never going to work! Stupid, stupid Republicans!”
* We’ll look like such idiots, it will lead to huge losses in 2014.
* Soon after, the leaderless, internally fighting Republican Party will dissolve, and the two party system will now be the Democrats and the Green Party.
* Eventually, the Green Party will be replaced by the Apes.
* The Apes will soon dominate over the Democrats until we’re all under ape rule. And then we’ll enslave.
* It may not be apes who do this; it may be robots.
* The only traces left of the Republican Party will be the insult, “You’re such a Republican!” which mean “You’re an idiot who pursues stupid plans that will never work and ruin everything for everyone!”
* I don’t think the list ended up as funny as I hoped.
So there are the pros and the cons. We just need to weigh them against each other and pick what we want to do. When we make a decision, does someone have Ted Cruz’s phone number so I can call him up and tell him what’s going on?