In For a Penny

Posted on December 18, 2013 8:00 pm

A Colorado judge ruled that a baker who refused to make a wedding cake for a same-sex ceremony must serve gay couples despite his religious beliefs.

I’m just surprised he didn’t rule they could hold the ceremony in the bakery, too.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

15 Responses to “In For a Penny”

1. walruskkkch says:

Wow, the Judge is really making this guy bend over for them.

2. jw says:

different judge had similar ruling against a photographer:

3. Zaklog the Great says:

If they get just a few more rulings like this, they’ll be coming for the churches next.

4. Mark says:

So if a judge can order a person to do a certain thing, even if it violates that persons religion or beliefs, when do we get to the point of the government ordering abortions for women who are bringing more children of an ‘undesirable’ group (whether they be Jews, Conservatives, Koreans, White Hispanic, or whoever, pick a group) into the world? And who gets to be the ones who pick who this group(s) is?

@4 – My suggestion: if it gets to that point, it’s time to call in the 4 crazy guys in the black Chevy van:

Or become their equivalent ourselves.

I get to be Murdoch.

6. The Animal says:

I’ll bring the van.

7. Bob in Feenicks says:

Can we at least put an end to the myth that ‘same-sex marriage doesn’t affect people who don’t support it’ now?

8. NoMoBama says:

I bet if his religious beliefs included blowing people up who didn’t agree with him, the ruling would have been different.

9. Iowa Jim says:

I assume that a laxative will be among the ingredients in the cake that gets delivered. It certainly would be in any cake that I baked in order to comply with a court order.

10. Calvin A says:

And people make fun of Ayn Rand fans.

@9 – Also, that one old bag of flour from the way-back of the storeroom that the weevils got into. Don’t have to throw THAT away anymore.

“Black specks? Why, that’s fresh-ground vanilla beans. Only the best for you!”

12. Amer-I-Can says:

@9,11 – the judge definitely didn’t say the cake had to be edible. “That was salt? Could have sworn it was sugar… my bad”

13. Rayfan87 says:

All he has to do is give a different reason: he’s back ordered, going on vacation at that time, and so on.

14. walruskkkch says:

I got one suggestion for the cake, whole wheat. And it’s healthy!

15. silaS marreD says:

Wondering if gay bakers must now be forced by court order to bake cakes for the Westboro Baptist Church’s annual “God Hates Fags” party.