You Can’t Duck the Culture Wars

Posted on December 19, 2013 11:00 am

Well, who would have thunk: Someone known for being an open Christian is not super big on sodomy. Now, I don’t think Phil Robertson put things the nicest way, but it’s a bit of a stretch to call him a hater just for quoting the bible and saying he doesn’t get the appeal of sodomy, and this firing of him by A&E just seems insane when a “Phil goes to sensitivity training” episode would be great TV.

Anyway, this just goes to the point that there is no avoiding the culture war; you will be made to tolerate. And then you will be made to celebrate. And if you don’t, you’re the enemy. We can’t just let them shut down all debate by calling people haters. If you disagree with Phil’s view on sodomy, then instead of trying to dismiss him as a hater, you should be able to defend sodomy on the merits. Any time people are so quick to shut down debate, though, that always makes me suspect they have weak arguments. Plus if you think homosexual acts aren’t a sin, your beef is with Paul, not Phil.

And at some point these big gay agenda organizations that rallied against Phil need to die down. It’s not good for anyone — regardless of sexual orientation — to center much of his or her life around what gender one lusts after.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (11 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

28 Responses to “You Can’t Duck the Culture Wars”

1. walruskkkch says:

Some day the Left will understand the difference between 3 simple words, Loved, Accepted and Tolerated.

Well, of course. If you disagree with the Left on anything, you’re a hater.

I like holding hands with women. Does that make me a holdersexual?

Wait… have the people who are sexually attracted to Eric Holder already co-opted that term?

4. walruskkkch says:

I thought Holdersexuals were gun nuts.

5. Eric Praline says:

Back in college, a guy in one of my classes would start every sentence (whether it was about foreign relations, entitlement spending or municipal sanitation) with “As a gay man I feel…” Easily the most tedious person I’ve met.

6. Zaklog the Great says:

Why is “As a gay man, I feel” regarded as a sensible prelude to any statement, when if anyone said, “As a straight man, I feel” before almost anything, they’d be regarded as a loon?

Thing is, Phil Robertson would be the first to stand up and defend anyone’s right to disagre with him.

8. walruskkkch says:

“As a gay man I feel…” makes sense, they hardly ever really think about anything.

9. Bunkerhillbilly says:

I thought Holdersexuals were gun nuts.

No, those are HOLSTERsexuals.

10. Dohtimes says:

Winston Churchill might have pegged the entire agenda of the Left as a celebration of abortion, sodomy and the leash.

11. Janeane Garofalo says:

THIS IS SOME OF THE MOST VILE AND OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE I HAVE EVER HEARD!!!!UGH!!!UGH!!!TALK ABOUT YOUR HATESPEECH!!!YEAH LETS GO BACK TO THE 1950S WHEN PEOPLE WERE LYNCHED FOR BEING DIFFERENT OR NOT VOTING FOR IKE!!!UGH!!!!!YOU CANNOT LET THIS KIND OF HATE GO ON!!!!ITS NOT A CHOICE YOU IDIOTS!!!BUT WE SHOULDNT BE SURPRISED WHEN THEY ALL ARE INTO KILLING INNOCENT ANIMALS AND MAKING MONEY OFF OF THINGS WHICH HELP OTHER IDIOTS KILL MORE INNOCENT ANIMALS AND WHEN THEY ARE NOT KILLING THEY ARE LOOKING TO FORCE THEIR BELIEFS ONTO ANYBODY WATCHING!!!!!UGH!!!ITS ALWAYS THE LOUDEST HATESPEECHERS WHO GET CAUGHT DOING THE STUFF THEY PUT DOWN!!!!I MEAN COME ON THIS IS TOO MUCH LIKE THE MOVIE DELIVERANCE!!!!!HA!!!

@11: Okay, I give that one a 6. Usually, your score is higher. :-)

13. Burt says:

Yay, Janeane..comedy gold.

14. Burt says:

I must ask, how long til the phrase ‘duck call’ replaces the overused ‘dog whistle’

15. blarg says:

maybe this is the thing that wakes up Reagan’s “silent majority”.

16. Gregg the Obscure says:

So it’s ok to criticize what people eat, drive, wear, shoot, smoke, spend, save, insure or believe about religion, but this one area of activity is exempt from any expression of disapproval? That’s just purely totalitarian. The intolerant extremists who demanded Robertson’s silencing (and their accomplices) should be treated to one-way tickets to places like Tehran, Pyongyang, Riyadh, etc. to see how well that works out.

17. walruskkkch says:

Lynched for not voting for Ike? Now that is a new one. Never heard of that before. Why would the Democratically controlled south of the 1950′s kill people for voting Democratic? I’ve heard of self-destructive tendencies but that takes the cake. Ladies and Gentlemen, I stand in awe of such irrefutable logic.

18. CrustyB says:

I don’t think Phil Robertson put things the nicest way

If he put it any nicer it could have been a Hallmark commercial.

19. Bunkerhillbilly says:

What Janeane might be trying to say (amidst foam-at-the-mouth, spittle-beflecked rantings) is that she believes people were lynched when they didn’t vote for Ike.

(Kinda like when the Klan shot people on the street for drinking Pepsi instead of Coke, right, Janeane?)

20. walruskkkch says:

Unless all my history textbooks were wrong on the matter the southern US in the 1950s was solidly Democratic in it’s governance. The groups running the states where Jim Crow laws predominated and the subjugation of the “Negro” population was most prevelent would not have been supportive of the Eisenhower administration. [Think about the use of Federal troops to force integration in the schools in the 1950's] so any use of force against the blacks of the south, such as lynching in matters of voting, would hardly be directed as making them WANT to vote for Ike. That’s simply a ludicrous explanation of the the known facts. Or am I living on some other iteration of the Earth?

21. Vaktatunnen says:

And by the way, please excrete the term “homophobia” from the vocabulary. “Phobia” comes from the Greek “Phobos” and means fear. Now, you could argue that what we fear we ultimately disapprove of or hate, but that’s a stretch. And when you allow Big Gay to equate disapproval with fear, you surrender the lexicon. And winning the war by first winning the language is what Marxists do. Don’t allow that. And by the way, “Homo” is Greek for “Self” so “Homophobia” is “Self-fear.” Which is pretty meaningless. If you don’t like Big Gay’s agenda, you are more accurately a mysosodomite. That means you don’t like or approve of sodomy. And if like, you can pronounce it as “Me-So-Sodomite” which could take you in any number of directions.

22. walruskkkch says:

Me-So-Horny-Luv-U-Longtime.

23. blarg says:

I thought that Phobos was the gay moon of Mars, which used to be feared because the Greeks believe it had the power to turn anyone gay.

@g – “…believe it had the power to turn anyone gay.”

You’re thinking of Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

25. CCO says:

See this opinion column.

26. CCO says:

I also like Larry Correia’s blog post about the whole kerfluffle, despite its f-bombs.

27. Ben says:

It is being reported 1) The Robertson Family is essentially saying “No Phil, no show.” and 2) Glenn Beck has already offered them a slot on his network. No I did not know Glenn Beck had a network, but bringing the highest rated cable program to his network will fix that for a lot of people.

3) and by the way, Camila Pagila, who identifies herself as both gay and a Democrat, tells Laura Ingram that what A&E and GLAAD did is Fascist and Stalinistic. So there is that as well.

#25 – CCO,
    Good article! Bacon for you!