Random Thoughts: Global Warming, Drugs, and Downton Abbey

Posted on January 6, 2014 10:08 am

“Unleash the drones!” -my entire inauguration speech

Maybe poor people just don’t like money. We’ll never know.

Show proposal: Mixed martial artists debate politics and then settle things in the ring.

If we want to save money, we don’t really need Europe anymore.

I’m getting the feeling this coked-up mugger doesn’t have my best interests in mind.

I never did any drugs. I wasn’t cool enough.

I hope George Michael Bluth does an op-ed on smoking marijuana like a cigarette.

A little disappointed in Community premiere versus my expectations. 2nd episode was exactly what I was hoping for, though.

The cameo in the premiere was pretty awesome, though.

Hey, Linux, why don’t you just assume sudo in front of everything because when I ask you to do things, I really do want you to do it.

We’re never going to get good data on global warming if everyone keeps getting trapped in ice.

The plural of irony isn’t data.

They say men and women are equal, but you have to admit that men are a lot better at not letting the opposite gender oppress them.

Why don’t we just give unemployment benefits to everyone forever?

You think the problem is income inequality. I think the problem is not enough whiners getting punched in the junk. We’re at an impasse.

I once smelled some marijuana smoke at a concert and I turned out fine.

I don’t really get what’s the difference between drinking coffee and doing meth.

RE: income inequality, I don’t care how much more someone has than you when you haven’t proven yet you deserve what you have.

Is there a reason De Blasio is going after horse-drawn carriages or is the custom in New York now to just randomly ban things?

“Please don’t let the fact that we were stuck for weeks in ice undermine this very alarming data we found about global warming.”

“If we need another segment, we haven’t made fun of Sarah Palin’s handicapped kid in a while.” -MSNBC hosts, probably

It helps to not know anything about history when watching Downton Abbey so you don’t get spoilers.

The plots for Downton Abbey are getting repetitive. Every episode it’s a different duke or earl pretending to be a ghost haunting the Abbey.

“Zoinks, Nigel, it’s a g-g-ghost!”

When did Duke and Earl go from titles from nobility to names for rednecks?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (4 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

14 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Global Warming, Drugs, and Downton Abbey”

1. anthony says:

You know Frank, you could just run in root if you really want sudo.

For ‘random thoughts,’ those were unusually focused.

If I vote Republican, it’s a coincidence.

3. NoMoBama says:

We must protect horses from the cruelty of carriage pulling and then kill them once their extended unemployment runs out.

4. Iowa Jim says:

I take it you don’t know any divorced men.

5. Insipid Melon says:

Login as root. But it’s bad even if you are on a single user system and know what you’re doing (and miraculously never make typos) because you’re also going to be giving root privileges to whatever software you run. You can also grant your specific user/group additional access permissions.

6. silaS marreD says:

I hope malicious hackers never find out about this “sudo” command or those of us counting on Linux security are in big trouble.

7. silaS marreD says:

Q: When did Duke and Earl go from titles from nobility to names for rednecks?
    A: 1962.

8. blarg says:

so…I’m guessing that since we live in a sane world income equality would be accompanied by effort and risk equality as well?

9. blarg says:

…as well as some kind of mandatory skillset value possession equality?

10. jw says:

@9 blarg

like perhaps being able to read your acceptance letter?

nothing against the kid, i wish him well and respect his efforts, but it isn’t “college” that he got accepted to.

11. Mark Kaczmarek says:

INCOME INEQUALITY: exists only because intellectual equity, risk equity, sweat equity and equal luck DO NOT exist!!!

12. Burt says:

I’m running low on Primary candidates since Liz Cheney dropped out–citing ‘family health problems’. I was surprised that it took this long before she realized that Obamacare didn’t cover any Cheneys.

13. Wombat says:

The difference between drinking coffee and doing meth is that hazmat teams are not required to clean up coffee production facilities (usually; if they are, switch brands immediately).

14. Hunter says:

“So who are you going to vote for in the Republican primary? The nutso extremist or the useless twit?”
    Definitely the nutso extremist – MANY pills exist to help tone that down, you know – take the edge off a tad. Get re-centered. And it is widely accepted and almost expected. For the useless twit, however, there’s nothing that can really be done, since all those advertisements in the back of Hustler promising “enlargement” are scams (or so I hear).