Random Thoughts: Who and Appealing to Youths

Posted on January 27, 2014 9:00 am

What if Gmail is down forever? That would be like getting amnesia.

Staring to watch Dr. Who. Disappointed it’s not about an owl surgeon.

Do we eventually get backstory like seeing Mr. Who go to spacetime medical school?

Actually, if you own a pet owl and don’t name him “Dr. Who,” you’re probably the next Hitler.

So who is the second most famous Hitler?

I have an idea to make the GOP appeal to today’s youth: put sunglasses on their elephant symbol. That will be one million dollars.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (6 votes, average: 4.67 out of 5)

15 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Who and Appealing to Youths”

1. Iowa Jim says:

In 1964, the little keychains, etc., that you could buy to support Barry Goldwater’s campaign featured an elephant wearing Goldwater’s then-trademark horn-rimmed glasses, so I think that you’ve been scooped there, Frank.

2. CapitalistB says:

>The typical workday scene nowadays are weary programmers slaving away at computers while they sing in unison coding shanties.

you mean fun classic coder shanties like
    “I’ve been workin’ on Ruby on Rails, all the live-long day…”
    or
    “She’ll be polymorphic inheriting round the classes when she invokes…”
    or
    “Shoo bug, don’t bother me…”
    or
    “Program needs debuggin’ soooo bad…”
    ?

3. jw says:

my brother had a pet owl. her name was victoria, but i don’t think my brother is hitler. probably.

4. CCO says:

So who is the second most famous Hitler?

Heh, based on my copy of The American Heritage Pictorial History of World War II, I’m going to say that the second most famous Hitler would be Adolf Hitler #49. It seems that it 1941 there were 49 men named Adolf Hitler in America; 48 of them changed their name after the US declared war on Germany. #49 didn’t. As I recall the Am. Her. Pict. Hist of WWII putting it, “saying in effect, let the other guy change his.”

‘Course it could be Mrs. Adolf Hitler, nee Eva Braun, who married der Fueher shortly before he shot himself; she took poison.

5. GrandLarsenE says:

Actually, I believe the second most famous Hitler was a character on “Hill Street Blues”, a narcoleptic comedian, whose last name was Hitler. Nick Hitler or something. He used a stage name and the cops asked what his real name was, and he was embarassed to tell them. Go figure.

6. La Longue Carabine says:

… “Hill Street Blues”, a narcoleptic comedian, whose last name was Hitler.

Bob Newhart played a psychoanalyst. Mr. Hitler was one of his clients.

This is only important to me because Suzanne Pleshette played his wife, and….well, I think that’s all that the show was about, really. At least as far as I can recall…

I guess later Mr. Newhart, now an author of self-help books, runs a small hotel in Vermont. His wife? Some blonde. Meh.

7. Tater Salad says:

Actually the second most famous Hitler had to be Rashawn Hitler, a rapper from Forest Hills, Queens, New York.

He invented the sideways baseball cap back in 1983.

Before that time caps were sold with the brims facing either forwards or backwards.

Rashawn Hitler’s shop sold nothing but caps with brims on the left or the right.

8. Steve H says:

The only thing preventing us coders from singing Coding Shanties is the ongoing argument of what language to sing them in and whether they need to be compiled first.
    (Gawd I love programming humor…)

9. Oppo says:

“You know, like C:Prompt-Town Ladies…”

10. Oppo says:

Yo Ho Ho and a Bot That’ll Run

11. kalashnikat says:

For a Coder’s Spiritual song, try “White Collar Holler” …it’s a little dated, but it’s been done. Stan Rogers wrote and performs it here…

“Oh, Boys, can’t you code it,
    Program it right
    Nuthin ever happens in this life o’ mine,
    I’m haulin out the data on the Xerox line…”

12. Basil says:

Doctor Who?

Never heard of it.

13. Janeane Garofalo says:

JEEZE YOU TEABAGGING WINGNUTS ARE DUMB!!!THE WHO BROKE UP AFTER THAT SUPERBOWLAND ALL THOSE GUYS ARE IN THEIR SEVENTIES ANYWAY!!!I MEAN I SAW THEM BACK IN 79 WHEN I WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL AND THEY WERE OLD BACK THEN!!!SO HOW IS THAT BAND GOING TO APPEAL TO YOUTH???HUH???ITS DINOSAUR ROCK TO THESE KIDS!!!!TALK ABOUT BEING UNINFORMED!!!BUT THEN YOU GUYS ARE JUST WINGNUTS SO ITS ALL DUHHHHH THIS AND DUHHHH THAT!!! IF IT DOESNT GO BOOM OR STAB OR PUNCH SOMEBODY YOURE DISAGREEING WITH ITS ALL DUHHHH!!!!!GREENDAY???RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE???DECEMBRISTS???WHOS THAT???DUHHHH!!!

14. D-Rock says:

My pet owl would definitely be Archimedes. Or maybe “The Great Owl”, but that’s a bit of a mouthful.

15. Janeane Garofalo says:

OF COURSE YOU WINGNUTS WOULD WANT TO PUT SUNGLASSES ON AN ELEPHANT IN AN ACT OF ANIMAL CRUELTY!!!!UGH!!!DO YOU THINK ELEPHANTS WOULD LIKE HAVING SUNGLASSES FORCED ON THEM???HUH???NO!!!BUT THE HUNT AND KILL ALL ANIMALS GOPTARDS WOULD DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!TRYING TO APPEAL TO INNOCENT CHILDREN BY MAKING AN ELEPHANT LIKE THAT EVIL JOE CAMEL NICOTINE PUSHER!!!!HELL THE RESCUMLICAN PARTY PROBABLY DOES CAUSE CANCER LIKE CIGARETTES DO!!!UGH!!!TOO SICK!!!