Mom Is STILL Very, Very Disappointed in You

Posted on March 16, 2014 8:00 am

[High Praise! to Les of Nuking Politics (via the HHS Twitter feed)]

(Refreshers on HHS’s “Mom” campaign)

This one truly is unparodyable, so I guess the only thing I can do is ask… is there ANY way to make this image more disturbing?

Offhand, I’m thinking… put her in a Nurse Ratched uniform, maybe?

Parting thought… anyone else find it odd that this PC administration chose a white model for the ad? Come to think of it, Pajama Boy was white, too. Is Sebelius racist?

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (3 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

19 Responses to “Mom Is STILL Very, Very Disappointed in You”

1. Steve H says:

They assume the whites are the ones with money.

2. Oppo says:

“I woulld’ve been here too, but Obamacare caused me to lose my job and my health plan, and the death panel took care of the rest.”

– Dad

Well, her 20- and 30-something kids are still living at home, with the ones under 26 still on her health insurance, so I’m disappointed in her.

Plus, who hit her in the face with a skillet?

4. Oppo says:

“Urgent! Ban the word bossy before we build an ad campaign around the bossiest-looking woman on Earth.”

– Obamatons

5. Vaktatunnen says:

Since the target audience has already spent a lifetime disappointing their parents, I don’t think it will have much of an effect. I, on the other hand, will probably see this ogre in my next nightmare, so thank you mister president.

6. Oppo says:

However, if it’s Pajama Boy she’s talking to, I stand shoulder-to-shoulder with her.

Why is it I can hear her say “I’m your number one fan” in my head?

8. Oppo says:

P.S.: You’re absolutely right, Harvey, that this ad is unparodyable.

It’s what one might tongue-in-cheek might have come up with when brainstorming the stupidsst possible ad for Obamacre, LEAST likely to appeal to millenials.

I have to admit a grudging respect for the ad agency — hopefully capitalists, not cronies, brutish doubt it — who hoodwinked the Obama administration to drop big bucks on this ridiculous George Costanza-like, Wile E. Coyote-esque farce of an ad campaign.

(… “I think I can sum up this campaign in one word: … Counterproductive.”)

9. Oppo says:

(“brutish” = “but I.”)

Have I criticized Autocorrect lately?

10. frogmouth says:

@Oppo: That same word (counterproductive) can be used to sum up the entire Obama administration, no?

11. Steve H says:

@10 – It’s only Counterproductive to those trying to reduce America to Unproductiveity, so, I guess that means good news for the good guys!!!

12. blarg says:

I don’t know…I think there is a fair number of beta male liberals who had a nagging overbearing mother who find the image of government as a nagging overbearing mother somehow comforting.

bleah…I just gave myself the willies.

I think a tattoo of a hammer and sickle on her left forearm would make this image more disturbing.

“Is Sebelius racist?”

I suspect she holds all races in equal contempt.

15. Anonymiss says:

@12 You gave them to me too.

Ugh.

16. basilisk says:

dress her up as the commandant from seven beauties (the b!tch of buchenwald)

17. Alypius says:

Considering her “kids” are likely 26 and about to lose their mom’s coverage, I’m kinda okay with this ad. Of course, I’m still annoyed that she’s letting her adult children live at home till 26, but hey, hopenchange!

18. Ogrrre says:

#5 that bossy broad is not, repeat, NOT an ogre. We have some standards after all. She is also not an ogress. If ogresses looked like her, we ogres would be extinct. Instead, she looks like and is a liberal female. Liberals have no standards. For proof, look at the last two liberal democrat First Wives. (Notice I did not call them First Ladies?)

19. IMAO » Blog Archive » Huh. It IS Creepier… links: