Random Thoughts: Fracking, 2017, and Freedom

Posted on March 21, 2014 9:00 am

A good strategy for a Democrat running in a red state in 2014 would be to claim to be a double agent trying to take Obama down from inside. “But keep it quiet.”

Now that oil companies can cause earthquakes with their fracking, maybe people should be nicer to them.

“They fracked so hard, it caused an earthquake.” -anti-oil protestor or really dirty line from Battlestar Galactica

They should do a Duck Soup reboot where Russia tries to annex Freedonia.

Obama is really looking forward to 2017 when he gets his presidential participation trophy.

“I’M NOT LEAVING UNTIL SOMEONE LETS ME BE CLEAR!” -Obama, January 20, 2017

I think Obama will be happy to leave in 2017… unless Hillary wins, since she’ll rip out his heart and eat it to gain his powers.

That foreign policy advice will be one million dollars.

Hey, look, Fred Phelps brought everyone together!

It would be nice if you had to demonstrate your economic theories in World of Warcraft before trying them on the real world.

Don’t you see, people? They’re just bouncing a ball back and forth on a court to no purpose! It’s madness! PURE MADNESS!

Freedom means that if someone has more money than you, you don’t just take it by force. People don’t like freedom.

Sometimes we need to stop arguing politics and just acknowledge that regardless of our views, we all care enough to boss each other around.

1 Star (Hated it)2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (Awesome) (5 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

14 Responses to “Random Thoughts: Fracking, 2017, and Freedom”

You mean like a kind of “political hedge fund?”

Well, just like our country, Frank, the fund would be broke all the time.

2. Jeff Gauch says:

“…we all care enough to boss each other around.”

I don’t. Unless you consider “Leave me the ^%&* alone” to be bossy.

3. Oppo says:

“They should do a Duck Soup reboot where Russia tries to annex Freedonia.”

Well, you’ve hit the nail on the head there, but in the current Marx comedy, Crouch-o (Obama), Chic-o (Kerry), and HARP-o (Wasserman-Schultz) aren’t funny this time around.

4. Mike in OH says:

“Easy way for Obama to pwn Putin: Have dinner with him with lots of beans. When Putin farts, make sure he’s stuck with nickname “Tootin’.””

And if Barry manages to get behind him, he’ll be a Putin, Tootin’, plowed boy.

Then he’d be “Rootin’ Tootin’ Putin.”

Just saying – although I’m not sure why.

“Hurm. You can tip through the new Starbucks app. There goes my excuse that I never have cash on me.”

My oldest, computer-scientist son is like that. Never carries cash. Me, I always have a wallet full. Don’t you just love the feel of phony, fiat currency “slipping through your fingers all the time?” [I get an automatic +1 for the ABBA reference.]

7. robotimecop says:

Obama has drawn the red line at Freedonia, if Putin invades, there may be some less than pleasant circumstances

Is there a sort of insurance I can buy to protect my finances against people electing Democrats? Yeah, vote Republican.

9. jw says:

Duck Soup?

i feel like we’re living in “The Mouse that Roared” and getting our butts kicked by The Duchy of Grand Fenwick.

10. Basil says:

Heh. ABBA.

11. Mike in OH says:

@zzyzx, in Ohio at least, that’s not good insurance.

12. Burt says:

tootin’ http://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0

@10: I just KNEW you liked ABBA!

14. CaptMidnight says:

DUCK SOUP? Methinks obama would be best suited to play a Marx brother character named Karl.